47847 Posts in 5487 Topics - by 11330 Members - Latest Member: chaosdu55

Author Topic: Urban Chaos (U) [sb] [oRARs]  (Read 4724 times)

darkNiGHTS

• soccerboi
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
  • Is it getting dark in here, or is it just me?
Urban Chaos (U) [sb] [oRARs]
« on: February 05, 2008, 12:55:02 AM »
Urban Chaos for the Dreamcast, original selfboot RARs from echelon.

Front Cover

Back Cover

Download

1. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5S9OIK3P
2. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9F2JLPB6

Uploaded to megaupload, have fun!

NOISEDEMON

• 8-Bit
Re: Urban Chaos (U) [sb] [oRARs]
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 06:19:11 PM »
this thing dont work for me.... first dreamcast logo appears .next  sega logo and then dreamcast returns to menu(this when i dont have cd in dreamcast)

Generalidea

• Forum Cowboy/Gangster
  • 128-bit
  • Would you say... a million?
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 08:17:52 AM »
I'm thinkin' you had a bad burn, sir.

retro_killa

• 128-bit
  • You must be the change you want 2 see in the world
    • Colorblind Designs
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 08:57:42 AM »
cover links are missing F.Y.I

TuxTheWise

• Uploader
  • 64-bit
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 05:09:03 PM »
Urban Chaos
Dream Resurrection

Dream Resurrection or DCRES is a project maintained by TuxTheWise. The goal is making high quality releases with custom optimization techniques. Please always see readme files of each game, they always have important information.

Review by IGN

Readme file:
Code: [Select]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DDDDDDDDDDDDD                CCCCCCCCCCCCCRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR                                       
D::::::::::::DDD          CCC::::::::::::CR::::::::::::::::R                                       
D:::::::::::::::DD      CC:::::::::::::::CR::::::RRRRRR:::::R                                     
DDD:::::DDDDD:::::D    C:::::CCCCCCCC::::CRR:::::R     R:::::R                                     
  D:::::D    D:::::D  C:::::C       CCCCCC  R::::R     R:::::R    eeeeeeeeeeee        ssssssssss   
  D:::::D     D:::::DC:::::C                R::::R     R:::::R  ee::::::::::::ee    ss::::::::::s 
  D:::::D     D:::::DC:::::C                R::::RRRRRR:::::R  e::::::eeeee:::::eess:::::::::::::s
  D:::::D     D:::::DC:::::C                R:::::::::::::RR  e::::::e     e:::::es::::::ssss:::::s
  D:::::D     D:::::DC:::::C                R::::RRRRRR:::::R e:::::::eeeee::::::e s:::::s  ssssss
  D:::::D     D:::::DC:::::C                R::::R     R:::::Re:::::::::::::::::e    s::::::s     
  D:::::D     D:::::DC:::::C                R::::R     R:::::Re::::::eeeeeeeeeee        s::::::s   
  D:::::D    D:::::D  C:::::C       CCCCCC  R::::R     R:::::Re:::::::e           ssssss   s:::::s
DDD:::::DDDDD:::::D    C:::::CCCCCCCC::::CRR:::::R     R:::::Re::::::::e          s:::::ssss::::::s
D:::::::::::::::DD      CC:::::::::::::::CR::::::R     R:::::R e::::::::eeeeeeee  s::::::::::::::s
D::::::::::::DDD          CCC::::::::::::CR::::::R     R:::::R  ee:::::::::::::e   s:::::::::::ss 
DDDDDDDDDDDDD                CCCCCCCCCCCCCRRRRRRRR     RRRRRRR    eeeeeeeeeeeeee    sssssssssss   
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
===================================================================================================
                           Dreamcast Resurrection - 2009 (since 2008)
===================================================================================================
Check for more releases at these forums (search for user "TuxTheWise"):
snesorama.us (all releases, see my signature)
segahub.org (recent releases)
dreamcast-talk.com (recent releases)
NOTE: I've seen some people uploading my releases in other servers. I recommend you always getting
my releases of my uploads in the forums above, because sometimes I release fixes or re-launch some
games that have problems. If you get my uploads you'll be sure of having the latest releases.
Additionally, you'll get the original package, not images made from discs, so you'll be sure that
nothing is corrupted.
--------------------
Urban Chaos (NTSC-U)
--------------------
Ripped: French language files (read more below).
Downsampled: Nothing.
Source: PAL GD dump and Echelon's release (oRARs).

This game gave me more work than I expected.

Echelon has downsampled sounds and videos. I used PAL GD dump to restore the original media. Note
that the files were restored with a lot of attention, so no problems should come from this. Of
course I had no space, so I've ripped the files related to french language (more about it later)
to make the amount I needed.

The frame rate of videos and their quality sucks, but they're untouched so they already sucked on
the original GD. NTSC-U videos also had 25fps, so the quality issues does not come from the PAL
version.

Re-linking redundant files was a pain in the ass, I had to make it manually because of the
limitation of Darkfalz's utility (it finds the files by its name, and in this game you have a lot
of different files with the same name), and my automatically ISO compressor tool is not ready yet.
It might get ready some day...

This game has an extra region protection code and Echelon has released a patch to make their
version work on not NTSC-U consoles. Their fix is already made in this release, so it should boot
and work fine in any console in 60hz.

Well, about multi-language. The game will show a language menu selector in the beggining, it has
English and French. English is working fine (at least as far as I could test). French feature is
EXPERIMENTAL. I have re-linked the deleted French files to English. So if you select French it
should show the french texts with the english videos and voices. But again, it's experimental, I
haven't tested it. It may work fine until the end, it may work fine until certain part of the game
and then freeze or it may not work at all. No matter what happens if you select French, I can't
help you.

I've seen a lot of people complaining about the loading times in this game, my optimizations
should help it significantly.

Enjoy another release, and Kudos to Echelon for their first release.

Features of my release:
- Not corrupted files at all, it was made with GD dump files.
- Used custom DCRES optimization techniques. It means faster loadings and less Dreamcast reader
noise.
- Selfboot.

About the game:
- It has VGA Box support.

Other comments:
- "Extras" folder in the pack contains some useless stuff.
- Release comes with covers.
Download:
Total size: 338mb
http://rapidshare.com/files/313722071/urban_dcres.7z.001
http://rapidshare.com/files/313698764/urban_dcres.7z.002
Files inside 7z archive:
    [\]

< Urban Chaos - DCRES.cdi >
    File Size:                    812.832.963 bytes

< Urban Chaos - DCRES.nfo >
    File Size:                    5.391 bytes

< Urban Chaos - DCRES.sfv >
    File Size:                    837 bytes

[Covers\]

< Back.jpg >
    File Size:                    144.561 bytes

< Front.jpg >
    File Size:                    91.113 bytes

[Extras\]

< ABSTRACT.TXT >
    File Size:                    82 bytes

< BIBLIOGR.TXT >
    File Size:                    84 bytes

< COPYRIGH.TXT >
    File Size:                    36 bytes

[Extras\UCDC_PICCIES_1\]

< screen0.bmp >
    File Size:                    614.466 bytes

< screen1.bmp >

< screen10.bmp >

< screen11.bmp >

< screen12.bmp >

< screen13.bmp >

< screen14.bmp >

< screen15.bmp >

< screen16.bmp >

< screen17.bmp >

< screen18.bmp >

< screen19.bmp >
Checking files:
Save the text below with .sfv extension and open with any SFV checker. I recommend RapidCRC.
urban_dcres.7z.002 DB280D23
urban_dcres.7z.001 F3F6F3E4

Extracting files:
Use 7-zip. For unpacking the RAR files inside archive, you can use WinRAR.

Burning files:
Alcohol 120% probably can burn all extensions, but I recommend Disc Juggler for CDI files.