47847 Posts in 5487 Topics - by 11332 Members - Latest Member: Saturny2X

Author Topic: The Nintendo Switch  (Read 12853 times)

spshortman

• Bruh
  • 64-bit
The Nintendo Switch
« on: March 07, 2017, 08:19:08 AM »
this message board is still totally fucked for me, thread starts on post 2

spshortman

• Bruh
  • 64-bit
Re: The Nintendo Switch
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 08:25:49 AM »
what do you heterosexuals think of the nintendo switch broz? for me its both impressive and underwhelming. super impressive handheld considering its a wii u in your pocket, but as a home console 2x wii u is pretty shit in 2017, especially when compared to the ps4 pro and that new xbox coming later this year. also everything about it looks high quality and i love that pro controller, but if your only buying this for a console experience 300 for the switch and 70 for the pro controller puts this thing at ps4 pro price. this thing is no where near the hardware of a ps4 pro so for it to cost as much is a little rough bros. also i own a wii u, and everything on switch until that new mario are just ports of wii u titles. this thing seems to make more sense for people who never touched the wii u. im gonna need a metroid prime, pikmin, that awesome new mario, and maybe a new kart or f zero for almost 400 bros! i might not even get the switch when mario drops, 1 game for 400 is fucked!

what you guys think? im probably the only bro with a wii u so i have to imagine the switch looks awesome to you guys for dat zelda hour. what you think of the price for the hardware and the games for the first year? you like the switch????

spshortman

• Bruh
  • 64-bit
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 08:27:53 AM »
i didnt even make that emoji at the end of my last post, and this board is so fucked i cant edit anything! MODS FIX THIS FORUM, ITS SLIPPIN!!111

Elite Evil

• Well hung poster
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 12:16:26 PM »
Lol the forum is fine for me and I have a wiiu too, which I bought to play wii games (ugh the wiiu is so annoying with needing so many controllers to get to play a GC game).

Only wiiu games I have are mario kart 8 and pikmin 3 and I bought it at MK8 launch. Got it all softmodded now. :)

Will probably get a switch when pokemon star comes out though.
Freedom headquarters!

spshortman

• Bruh
  • 64-bit
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 09:14:14 PM »
i hope your buying zelda elite evil! last wii u game 4ever!1111

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 08:11:24 AM »
i didnt even make that emoji at the end of my last post, and this board is so fucked i cant edit anything! MODS FIX THIS FORUM, ITS SLIPPIN!!111
I don't really know what we could do to fix it. I haven't been able to replicate the problems you've had and technically Nights pays the bills around here so it would be up to him to do any upgrades if need be.

spshortman

• Bruh
  • 64-bit
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 12:27:47 AM »
im sure its gonna be fucked for me forever, but like other bugs on this board eventually it happens to other people and then it gets fixed. SEGA HUB FOOOO LYFFFE

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 01:49:24 AM »
I put you in a new membership group, maybe it will help or maybe not. I checked your permissions and you should have everything standard already, like the ability to edit your own posts. It's a bit confusing.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 02:13:24 AM by Call_me_sir »

spshortman

• Bruh
  • 64-bit
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2017, 02:55:57 AM »
this is what it looks like if i want to edit:

i cant even reach the text. instead of the typing box starting a new line at the edge, it just keeps going to the right until i cant do anything. its fucking fucked!

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2017, 09:30:52 PM »
Oh that? I think its like that for everyone. I just hit return when the text goes off the page.

spshortman

• Bruh
  • 64-bit
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2017, 09:20:56 AM »
thats what ill do. it wasn't like this for years though.

this thread is off topic, what do you dude bros think of the nintendo switch? what would it take for you to buy one?

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2017, 07:22:20 AM »
I don't see myself buying one until theres a redesign out. That seems inevitable anyway like all Nintendo consoles.
I also have to hear more about their upcoming online service which sounds horrible so far.

spshortman

• Bruh
  • 64-bit
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2017, 08:31:20 PM »
yeah im hoping for a tv only version on the switch. give me a tiny box with the ability to play mario on my tv with that pro controller and nothing else, make it cheap too nintendo since this thing aint too impressive with the gflops bruh! the online service at least is going to be way cheaper then ps plus and live though. if its 20 bucks a year thats not so bad.

zelda on wii u is a fucking beautiful game, but everytime you enter a town the frame rate shits its pants. this is the first time nintendo has made a game too ambitious for there own hardware, and its also the first time i said to myself "damn imagine this on a ps4 pro" i wish nintendo would make better hardware bruhs

Cockatiel

• 16-bit
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2017, 06:39:11 AM »
I've been out of the video game scene for a long timeeeeeee. I think I might end up getting a switch, but I can see that thing falling on my face when I lay on my back
I am Chocobo, I just changed my name. there.

spshortman

• Bruh
  • 64-bit
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2017, 08:04:28 PM »
there arent many games for switch right now but its probably worth it just for zelda. if you skipped the wii u the enhanced port of mario kart is super sweet and mario odyssey at the end of the year just kinda pushes the switch into fuck ya territory. you should buy a switch and post your impressions here cockatiel!1111

spshortman

• Bruh
  • 64-bit
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2017, 08:11:28 PM »
im still having trouble editing so i have to make this new post. thanks to whoever gave me the title as "bro" i appreciate it. if
you want to change it to "bruh" that would be good too LULZ!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 09:27:37 PM by spshortman »

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2017, 05:43:53 AM »
if you want to change it to "bruh" that would be good too LULZ!
You got it. ;)

spshortman

• Bruh
  • 64-bit
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2017, 09:21:43 AM »
hahah thanks breh

spshortman

• Bruh
  • 64-bit
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2017, 05:51:10 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/v/wGQHQc_3ycE
https://www.youtube.com/v/nFbDmTjS_MI

im buying the switch when prime 4 comes out, but this mario is gonna make it hard to not get one this year bruhs.

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2017, 01:40:05 AM »
Kind of laughable that I got myself a switch after what I said above, but a friend of mine happened to see one for sale at Meijer (not sure if they have Meijer's all over the states but it's basically like WalMart) and asked me if I wanted her to pick it up for me. Since they're so rare I couldn't really pass it up.
I had a Wii U for a very short time but ended up trading it for a xbone after it had sufficiently angered me enough to throw it out of a window. (The stupid blue light on it kept waking me up). I'm not interested in Wii U ports like Mario Kart, especially with the dumb online paywall coming up.
Also making me angry is that classic games are only going to be available to subscribers. Whatever, I'll hack the thing when I want retro games bad enough. The hardware is solid; love the concept of it. Software wise it blows. The OS is a joke. It has no browser, no netflix, youtube. Why on earth anyone would want to pay for online features when there are barely any to begin with baffles me. It looks like they started writing the OS and then quit about 25% of the way in. As for themes you can choose from nothing but black, and nothing but white.
As far as games go, you can play some horrible flash style games such as snipper clips, a full priced version of a $10 game (Bomberman), various ports that have been out on other systems for ages, including a @#$% $30 version of Minecraft, which I would probably consider if I didn't already own it for every other device on earth capable of playing games of any sort.
Now again, I love the concept. That's why I have one. I should hopefully have Zelda soon (yes, I've only had access to demo's for the last few days, since I'm broke nugga), and obviously Metroid 4. Not impressed with Mario so far. But so long as these games are good and I have the option to play the exact same version at home or on the go - graphically not on par with the others or not - it's going to rock. It's something I've always wanted in a console. The shame is that it might not be REALLY good until it's fully hacked.
Oh and also, Nintendo fans are by and large the most annoying fanboys on earth in my opinion.