47847 Posts in 5487 Topics - by 11330 Members - Latest Member: chaosdu55

Author Topic: were you ps2, gamecube, or xbox? and why bruhs?  (Read 11616 times)

spshortman

• Bruh
  • 64-bit
were you ps2, gamecube, or xbox? and why bruhs?
« on: May 20, 2016, 12:15:17 PM »
which console was your main during this generation of consoles? and did the dreamcast effect this generation for you? i have to assume most people made the ps2 their main console due to it playing dvds, but was anyone gamecube or og xbox?

the ps2 was weird for me because my house already had a stand alone dvd player before the ps2 came out, and i had a dreamcast since launch. basically my first impression of ps2 wasn't mind blowing. most gamers coming from ps1 to ps2 probably shit their pants, but for me the dreamcast stole its thunder (at least early on). the ps2 didnt really start to distance itself from the dreamcast till its incredible 2001 holiday season, but at that point we also had gamecube and xbox to choose from.

i eventually owned all 3 of these systems, but i personally made the gamecube my main console. it was more powerful then the ps2 which was impressive because of the tiny physical size of the console, and it had a few other advantages i liked as well (faster load times, wavebird wireless controller) the gamecube also more often then not had better ports of multiplatform stuff than ps2. the og xbox was soooo big and ugly bros, and the original duke controller was maybe the worst controller i ever touched. the xbox did not impress me even with the awesome halo combat evolved. the graphical gains from the xbox were not worth it for me considering how hideous the thing looked. the og xbox is interesting now considering it has a decent amount of 720p hd games, and every box had an ethernet port, but the things that set the og xbox apart were maybe a bit a head of there time. only like 8 people in the world had an hdtv between 2001-2005.

gamecube was my main consoles bruhs, i still love the box and its games. i own something like 40-50 gamecube games. i bought my first hdtv in 2006 cause i was rolling in dough back in the day. the first thing i did was buy gamecube component cables for 60 bucks on ebay. thank fuck i did then cause those things now are like 200 bucks on ebay. real gamecube 480p is a lot better then the gamecube through wii 480p too, so for collectors its important. i also own the wii and wii u but for me the last great nintendo console was the gamecube.

which console were you between 2000-2006? any cool stories from this generation? talk to me brehz

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
Re: were you ps2, gamecube, or xbox? and why bruhs?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 12:10:40 AM »
It took me a while to get a newer console after the dreamcast, eventually I had them all but ps2 was my favorite. Final Fantasy X and Dragon Quest viii were great, but theres one game in particular that clenches it for me: Shadow of the Colossus. Best game I've ever played to this day. It's actually in my ps2 right now (and the ps2 is hooked up).  Similarly my favorite games in the following console generation were Metal Gear Solid 4 and Journey. My favorite games are pretty much always on Sony systems.

I've been a PC gamer so far this gen, but when the Last Guardian comes out I'm sure I'll be picking up a ps4.
Gamecube was great at parties though, Monkey Ball mini games and Mario Kart DD were a lot of fun. My OG Xbox was basically just a Morrowind / emulator machine. Seems like there are usually only a couple of games I like on any given system.

spshortman

• Bruh
  • 64-bit
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 12:50:46 AM »
yeah dude, i bought ico pretty early on based on the reviews, i liked it but it didn't mean much to me. when i saw shadow of colossus footage for the first time i knew that game was gonna be something special. i bought shadow at launch and was very impressed. my friends had no idea about the game at all, so when i showed them the beast i was on (lake beast) they all shit their pants. definitely one of the best games ever. and yes i will be buying last guardian day 1

EKXODUS

• 32-bit
  • 30 hits and the room melts
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 11:08:43 PM »
all

because i could

spshortman

• Bruh
  • 64-bit
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 01:33:27 AM »
all

because i could

theres no question that your a baddass dude. i cant imagine how many vaginas you saw during those years.......

EKXODUS

• 32-bit
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 04:34:24 AM »
here ya go sore pussy shortman

spshortman

• Bruh
  • 64-bit
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 05:23:31 AM »
ekxodus watch your anger friend. it might help you if you go carve more dildos out of wood. like this masterpiece......

beautiful dildo exodus

EKXODUS

• 32-bit
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2016, 07:12:54 AM »
yawn

spshortman

• Bruh
  • 64-bit
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2016, 07:47:26 AM »
exodus we all know your a badass with lots of tude, but how about contribute to the thread bruh? which of these consoles was your favorite and name off some games you liked.

EKXODUS

• 32-bit
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2016, 08:36:08 AM »
well honestly? gamecube

luigis mansion, pikmin, mario sunshine, metroid prime

probably the funnest console nintendo has made.

followed by ps2 with metal gear solid 3, bully, gta san andreas (the only gta i liked)

xbox is pretty forgettable in my opinion if you didnt mod it.

spshortman

• Bruh
  • 64-bit
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2016, 08:54:01 AM »
yeah the cubes first party titles were some of the best. each game series got some of their best games ever on cube. 3rd party was also very healthy (compared to other nintendo consoles) re4 was a big fuckin deal too.

im gonna continue to support nintendo as long as their making hardware and games. i got twilight princess hd a couple months ago and the whole thing was fun as shit again 10 years later. i rented uncharted 4 from redbox last week at its literally just endless cut scenes and voice acting and mo cap shit. some of these new games aren't even videogames anymore. i like that nintendo still puts focus on gameplay and fun first. wish nintendo would buy sega and they would join forces kinda like nintendo and rare back in the day..............

EKXODUS

• 32-bit
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2016, 09:00:25 AM »
yep. games arent really games anymore. just interactive movies. they are marketed to a new generation of lazy kids. ive mostly only played the souls games lately (bloodborne was awesome) along with others like witcher 3 which was great. nintendo still comes up with new innovative hardware and software. they have their haters but what else are people playing these days? call of duty? halo? those games never change and when they do its just a rip off of games already out. i havent bought a wii u but im going to get nintendos next system on launch. looks REALLY promising.

Elite Evil

• Well hung poster
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2016, 05:06:32 PM »
gta san andreas (the only gta i liked)

Worst GTA ever.

I had a gamecube and a PS2. The gamecube was a much better bit of kit, but other than 1st party nintendo games pretty much everything I played in those days was on PC or a PS2 exclusive, but trying now, other than the xenosaga games which I didn't even finish the first one, I struggle to remember anything I played on PS2. Mostly PS1 RPGs honestly.
Freedom headquarters!

steve

• 32-bit
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2016, 08:26:11 PM »
Worst GTA ever.

Ridiculous! San ann was awesome. It offered way more crap to do vs 3 and vice city. Yeah the whole eating system was pretty lame, but I really enjoyed having a large map to explore among-st other things.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 08:28:34 PM by steve »

EKXODUS

• 32-bit
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2016, 11:15:42 PM »
Worst GTA ever.

clearly you havent played gta 5

spshortman

• Bruh
  • 64-bit
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2016, 09:58:43 AM »
i havent bought a wii u but im going to get nintendos next system on launch. looks REALLY promising.

yeah im gonna buy it regardless of how it turns out, even if its another wii u situation. i just hope it ends this trend of nintendo hardware being underpowered compared to its contemporary's. i hope they make the hardware more appealing to third parties too. also i would like a standard controller like the gamecube or the dualshock 4 etc. ive basically had the gamepad in its cradle for 4 years using the pro controller instead. make the innovative shit on the side and optional.

Worst GTA ever.

lulz not gonna be a popular opinion breh. as long as thats how you really feel its baller as fuck though bruh.....

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2016, 05:07:35 AM »
im going to get nintendos next system on launch.
I'll probably get it if it has a portable component that isn't tied to the system like the wii U. For some reason I always feel compelled to buy all the portables that come out.

I think vice city was the best GTA personally. Had the best radio talk shows too.

steve

• 32-bit
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2016, 08:55:39 AM »
i would like a standard controller like the gamecube or the dualshock 4 etc.

I gotta agree with you, one of my favorite controllers hands down is the gamecube controller, Im happy I have a modded wii I use the gamecube controller for everything :)

I think vice city was the best GTA personally. Had the best radio talk shows too.

I gotta say I love them all equally, GTA 4 is probably the only one I didn't really give a crap about. Vice city kicks ass.

spshortman

• Bruh
  • 64-bit
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2016, 11:18:48 PM »
gamecube controller is comfortable as fuck bruh

steve

• 32-bit
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2016, 08:06:59 AM »
its nice. i like it