47847 Posts in 5487 Topics - by 11331 Members - Latest Member: Cipango

Author Topic: Steves hyperspace chicken or beef curry  (Read 3412 times)

steve

• 32-bit
Steves hyperspace chicken or beef curry
« on: May 30, 2016, 08:12:13 PM »
Well :grin: Here is Uncle Steve's Very delicious, special Hyperspace chicken\beef curry, that he tells everyone about, With a step by step tutorial on how to make it,so you cant go wrong, I suggest getting the mise en place ready before doing anything, this way you can add everything as you go, And for those of you who don't know what mise en place means, this is french for " putting in place " Basically just getting all of your ingredients ready and prepared to go so we have no slip ups and can follow the recipe without any hesitation! But this dish is very simple to make.The aroma is also extremely intoxicating,and it is served with either basmati rice or steamed potatoes, lets begin shall we?

Before we start, You can use either chicken or beef, Chicken is preferred, But since I've got a nice beef roast already thawed out, Ill be using a beef roast for this tek. :grin:

First the ingredients you will need are as follows:

2 Tbsp olive oil, I preferably use avocado, Either is fine.
2 tsp cumin seeds
1 large red onion - Rough chopped
6 cloves garlic - rough chopped
1 Serrano Chile - Rough chopped
1 chicken breast, or steak, dried, Tendered cubed
2 tsp Tomato paste
1 tsp turmeric
1 Tbsp salt
1 Tbsp Madras Curry powder
1 Cup of water
Veggie greens of your choice, In this tek I will be using fresh organic spinach, I recommend also using broccoli.

(Tbsp = Tablespoon tsp = Teaspoon)

First, prepare your onions, garlic, and Serrano Chile, just giving it all a rough chop, you don't need to mince as it will all be pureed.

Now that we have our onions garlic and Serrano prepared, we want to prep the meat, I'll be using this beef roast, Either chicken or beef is great with this dish.

We want to tenderize and dry the meat,then cube. we dry the meat because this helps flavor stick to it better. (and because the beef was so large I only used half )

Now that we have all of that ready, We want to heat the oil in a large skillet, on medium heat

You want to wait till you see just a little smoke rising from the oil, this is when you will know its ready to add the cumin seeds.

Let the cumin seeds roast for about a minute and a half in the oil, then add our onion, garlic, And Serrano chile.

Then we are going to stir in the 1 Tbsp of curry powder, Now you want to brown the vegies, and let the spice bloom, So I usually sautee for about 10 minutes before moving to the next step

Once you've given the veggies a nice brownning, You want to add them to a blender or food processor along with the tomatoe paste, Tumeric and water.

As they say, puree Away!

Now we want to add the finely pureeed mix back into our skillet, And set to a medium heat for now.

Begin adding in the meat, Let simmer, If your using beef, you'll want to cook it a little longer before adding the greens, as the beef can be very rough.

Next add the 1 Tbsp salt

Now once the meat has gotten some color and we're confident it is about ready, We can add our greens, If your using spinach, You usually just put a handful at a time, And let it slowly wilt in, It will wilt down very quick

Now it might be a little thin, so we might want to thicken it up, Turn the heat up a little high to help some of the liquid evaporate, but remember to keep stirring we don't want to burn.

Now when its ready, Serve on top of your rice or potatoes.

And Voila my fellow hub goers!! :D Steve's exclusive hyperspace curry! Enjoy!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 08:22:09 PM by steve »

EKXODUS

• 32-bit
  • 30 hits and the room melts
Re: Steves hyperspace chicken or beef curry
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 08:14:36 PM »
looks delicious. thanks for the recipe.

steve

• 32-bit
Re: Steves hyperspace chicken or beef curry
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 08:22:56 PM »
I hope you get a chance to try it duke.