47847 Posts in 5487 Topics - by 11330 Members - Latest Member: chaosdu55

Author Topic: Does it matter what speed you burn your game image at?  (Read 15357 times)

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
Re: Does it matter what speed you burn your game image at?
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2013, 09:11:47 PM »
I just bought one second hand, I don't think their being made or even sold in Germany. I'm getting my games from various sources on the net since a lot of our links don't work anymore, coolrom has some good downloads, emuparadise, and theisozone.

spshortman

• Bruh
  • 64-bit
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2013, 01:35:19 AM »
i sent you a pm callmesir, i dont know if it worked cause this forum is kinda buggy for me, but if it did work than SEgA!111

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2013, 05:27:00 PM »
Yeah I got it man, thanks. Unfortunately my Saturn disc drive isn't working now so I'm waiting to see if a friend can fix it.

Elite Evil

• Well hung poster
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2013, 09:16:30 PM »
Might be cheaper to pick up another Saturn. Is a shame as this faffing about will take the shine off it a bit when you do get it working.
Freedom headquarters!

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2013, 05:17:47 AM »
Might be cheaper to pick up another Saturn. Is a shame as this faffing about will take the shine off it a bit when you do get it working.
Not happening. The Saturn cost me $70 and now that it's not working I wish I would have just bought a snes. I'm angry at all disc based retro systems at the moment. >:(

spshortman

• Bruh
  • 64-bit
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2013, 03:41:06 AM »
sorry to hear about the saturn dude, did someone sell you a system on the verge of shit or do you think the disc swapping fucked it up?

if it turns out the lens is the problem than you can find them on ebay for 25 bucks, also youtube has some tutorials on how to replace them. like elite evil said you might be better off buying a different saturn than fixing the one you have, seeing how the lens is 25 and sometimes the issue isn't the lens but the cd deck or whatever. just the saturn nothing else can be found for 40 bucks on ebay, but i bet if you have patience you can bid on one a score a new saturn for even cheaper than that. don't give up on the saturn dude, if you get that mod chip its basically the greatest thing ever!1111

« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 03:51:34 AM by spshortman »

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2013, 10:05:55 PM »
It was my fault sadly, which makes me all the more upset about it. The modchip I got was a weird Chinese chip that I couldn't find any tuts for online at all. After plugging it in and getting no response whatsoever (we're now assuming it was faulty ribbon cables) I idiotically touched the power connector to the main power in the back of the system, which switched everything off on my surge protector and either fried the disc drive or the ribbon cables. My friend is much more experienced than I am at this sort of thing and she believes once we get some new ribbon cables everything should work. So we're just waiting in the mean time, but yeah it's sort of frustrating and I feel like a dumbass. Soldering and that sort of thing just isn't my game at all. Still not sure if the mod chip even works though, it might not, and a Saturn without a chip is almost totally worthless to me. If we get the system back in working order I'll probably just use the swap trick since at that point the Saturn's already living on borrowed time anyway.

I should add, ruining an old system also makes me feel like shit as there's only so many working Saturns left and who knows how long they have.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 10:08:20 PM by Call_me_sir »

spshortman

• Bruh
  • 64-bit
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2013, 10:40:00 AM »
dont beat yourself up too bad dude, we all make hasty mistakes like that. just learn from this time and be better next time. you might be able to fix that saturn and maybe even get that chip going, just take your time.

so the chip is for sure different than the racket boy chip? if you take a pic of the chip and upload it here maybe i can help find a tutorial bruh!11

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2013, 04:19:49 AM »
Yeah I wasn't able to find any pictures of the same chip online. Unfortunately I can't take a picture either, as my friend has the system and chip. I did just buy a SNES though in the mean time. :D