47847 Posts in 5487 Topics - by 11330 Members - Latest Member: chaosdu55

Author Topic: New XBOX revealed  (Read 8918 times)

EKXODUS

• 32-bit
  • 30 hits and the room melts
New XBOX revealed
« on: May 21, 2013, 11:53:03 PM »
It's called the XBOX ONE and it looks more like a dvr than a gaming console. The controller has once again received a slight makeover making it somewhat of a cross between the xbox original and 360's controller. It has an hdmi in port along with the expected out port. HDD's are an in house design (obviously to prevent upgrading despite the official excuse of ventilation.) The Power cable port looks like an in house design as opposed to using the universal ones you can pick up for cheap anywhere ($$$).

The rumour that it would require an always on internet connection has been confirmed, false.

The XBOX ONE will use the hdmi in port to interact with whatever device is plugged into it. At the reveal conference the XBOX ONE was shown paired with a cable providers receiver. Using voice commands it was shown how quickly the new XBOX could switch between games and 'live' tv, and even change channels.

It looks like Microsoft is branching out even further from Gaming to full on entertainment. One thing that wasn't shown much of at the revealing was gameplay. That is expected to come at E3.

Anyways, here it is, the images are from wired.

The kinect

The console itself (front view)

Overhead angle (the grilled pattern on the right reminds me of the xbox original casing)

The Back

Side (extra usb 3.0 jack)

The Controller

Controller (Back)

The whole system.

No word on pricing yet, or if they actually plan on using the kinect this time around. If you don't have the option of opting out of the kinect attachment, they need to implement it into more games.

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
Re: New XBOX revealed
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 01:40:28 PM »
I've already owned a couple of Xbox one's, and they were modded. I guess time travel is possible.
In all seriousness, ms confirmed after the event that to play used games will require a per game fee, and every game will require installation. The installation and registration will require an internet connection. (No internet connection= you can't boot up a new game)
Game disks will be tied to accounts, if you loan a friend one of your games they'll have to pay the fee for registering a pre owned game, and when they give it back to you you'll have to pay the same fee even though you paid full price for it to begin with. Xbox one will never be a retro console, as once the servers go down no one will be able to register games. This looks to be the worst console ever.

Earth

• 8-Bit
  • It's all in the hair.
    • ZombieModding
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 12:49:24 AM »
This looks to be the worst console ever.
I completely agree. Even moreso that they shut down the original xbox live servers are shut down so many games are useless.
On top of that, the Xbox 360 did nothing but make console online gaming much more popular. I think MS will do the same thing and shut down 360 servers to make players move to the new xbox if they wish to play online.

EKXODUS

• 32-bit
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 08:11:06 AM »
I share the sentiments of both of you, take note that Call Of Duty Ghosts DLC will be available to XBOX ONE first. Other consoles will get it later, this includes the 360 version. Whether you like cowadoody or not, we can already see where MS is headed.

Honestly, so far for next gen I don't plan to buy anything.

Elite Evil

• Well hung poster
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 05:50:55 PM »
Is it basically the PS3 with more DRM?
Freedom headquarters!

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 10:22:24 PM »
I'm sure I'll pick up a ps4 at some point, I've been enjoying sony consoles since the first ps1. Probably going to wait till I have a bit of unspoken for cash though, I'm experiencing a bit of a Dreamcast renaissance lately. I've only been using my ps3 for netflix and only been playing the occasional dark souls on pc. New consoles are so boring.

EKXODUS

• 32-bit
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 11:25:04 PM »
Kinect has to be connected at all times, it has an hd webcam on it, talk about privacy issues. It doesnt require connection to the internet at all times, just once every 24 hours. If you want to play used games, you have to pay a fee as stated earlier, the fee is as much as a new game.

Fuck all that noise.

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 03:16:46 AM »
the fee is as much as a new game.
Seriously? I hadn't heard that before, that's completely unacceptable. Why would anyone in their right mind even consider buying a console like this?

EKXODUS

• 32-bit
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 12:34:37 PM »
I have heard that the fee would be close to as much as a new game and just as much even steven. Games will have to be installed and tied to accounts, activation is required before playing. I don't see how this will benefit the gamers at all, because it isn't supposed to. My opinion (and it is JUST an opinion) is that this is being done to prevent piracy. Maybe it's too early to be making speculation like that on my end, though.

xXSTR8FSXx

• 128-bit
  • ????????????????? ?????
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 12:50:29 AM »
I think the blocking of used games is mostly so developers can get more money. A developer just needs to make a good game and get it out there somehow (doesn't always work, sadly). Used game bans won't give developers that much more money. If anything, banning used games will kill off thousands of jobs instead. If it's used to prevent piracy then it's pretty stupid. People who pirate games get past those key requirements all the time. I usually buy used games because it's cheaper. If I can't buy used games then I'll just be encouraged to pirate games. There, now nobody is getting my money. I can't see this going along so well in Europe. Recently, the EU said that selling used software is basically a right. Yes, software. As in you could sell someone your copy of Left 4 Dead 2 that you bought off Steam. Microsoft is basically digging themselves a grave and making it worse if this used game ban actually takes affect. With a 25% approval rating of the console's reveal, we can only wait for an amazing E3 conference or expect to see the console fall. Maybe someone else can jump in and take Microsoft's spot... We need competition, I don't wanna see the next Xbox fall but if MS keeps fucking around they're gonna be out of a spot in next generation's console war. You can't win a war when your army has a bunch of BB guns and dildos and the other guys have actual guns.

Petition for a Dreamcast 2! It might not work but it's worth a shot!
http://www.petitiononline.com/dreamcst/petition-sign.html

Facebook Segahub group! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=211332538537&v=info

Elite Evil

• Well hung poster
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 05:36:01 PM »
I think even if they u turn on their spying and DRM the damage is already done.

Especially if you are one of the people who believe the 32X and mega CD killed sega consoles, they were about 10 years old when DC died.
Freedom headquarters!

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2013, 03:45:24 PM »
So what did everyone think about e3? I think it's pretty much a done deal that most people are going ps4 next gen. I'm not so sure if I want either console though, I hate the idea of having to pay for ps plus to play multiplayer.