47847 Posts in 5487 Topics - by 11330 Members - Latest Member: chaosdu55

Author Topic: Burning Perfect Shenmue Help...  (Read 5112 times)

jerzmob

• 8-Bit
Burning Perfect Shenmue Help...
« on: November 08, 2009, 07:18:57 AM »
hi.  i downloaded recently the Perfect Series of Shenmue.  i had no problem burning the 2nd chapter of Perfect Series Shenmue but for the first one, Alcohol will not allow me to overburn any of the discs.  i tried making a cdi image out of it using the VD but the burn was unsuccesful.  The cdi did not want to play on nulldc as well, but when i run the original alcohol image, it plays no problem on nulldc.   i tried using magiciso to burn, making a ccd image & burn...i had no luck at all.  The image seems to work no problem if nulldc can run but i don't understand why i can't overburn even when i have the overburn setting checked on alcohol120%.  any help would be greatly appreciated.  thanks
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 07:20:58 AM by jerzmob »

Elite Evil

• Well hung poster
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
Re: Burning Perfect Shenmue Help...
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 10:43:16 PM »
What is the fileformat?

If it is an alcohol file then don't bother playing around with it, just use alcohol.

Is it a 90/99 min image?
Freedom headquarters!

jerzmob

• 8-Bit
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 04:26:13 AM »
it is alcohol120% originally.  i still have the pack but according to them & many others, using 80 min discs are fine.  i have tried many of my different branded 80 min disc & no luck.  My burner can surely do overburn but this image is making alcohol 120% act up for whatever reason.  i get a window telling that disc size is to small & that it won't fit.  i would upload it myself but down at snesorama they have links alive.  i at least want to get disc #4 to work but at the same time it would be great to play this release in full 4 discs.  any help would be greatly appreciated.  thank you.

Elite Evil

• Well hung poster
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 02:10:28 PM »

That is all you should need to do I think..
Freedom headquarters!

jerzmob

• 8-Bit
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 05:39:27 AM »
yes i do have that overburn option enabled & it still happened.  it only happens with this perfect series.  i burned perfect series for shenmue 2 & it did allow me to overburn, not sure what's up with shenmue 1 though.

Elite Evil

• Well hung poster
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 03:09:38 PM »
Hmmm... not sure what to suggest really, only other ideas is that you might need to update alcohol or use the same version as the other people in the forum are using.
Freedom headquarters!

jerzmob

• 8-Bit
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 04:26:08 AM »
Hmmm... not sure what to suggest really, only other ideas is that you might need to update alcohol or use the same version as the other people in the forum are using.

there are so many version folks are you using.  which one would you/they be using?  thanks for the help

Elite Evil

• Well hung poster
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 12:29:24 PM »
Dunno, I would ask them if they have done it successfully. :)
Freedom headquarters!