47847 Posts in 5487 Topics - by 11330 Members - Latest Member: chaosdu55

Author Topic: 1 red ring of death and life.  (Read 5501 times)

coolimac2003

• Donator
  • 64-bit
1 red ring of death and life.
« on: December 07, 2008, 12:06:50 PM »
I was playing gears of war. then out of nowhere i was in a black pit and i was going up the invisible stairs to a balcony. after that happen the co-op game i was playing got disconnected and then i decided to quit for a while. so i press the guide button on my controller and then Y. as soon as i did that my xbox froze (my xbox freezes all the time. fable 2 is unplayable) and i turned it off. when i turned it back on i had one flashing red light and i turned it back off. when i turned  it on again it was working again. does this mean that my xbox is dying on me?

SouthernKomfort

• 16-bit
Re: 1 red ring of death and life.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 12:08:36 PM »
that is a fairly safe assumption

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 10:57:40 PM »
lol I really don't know man, but like I said it's a good indication that it's slowly dying. At least it's giving you one last chance to say goodbye before you send it off to MS! And it's always nice to know you can get it replaced for free, we'll always be here for you til you get it back! And by the time you get it back there'll be new games for you to play like Banjo Tooie lol

coolimac2003

• Donator
  • 64-bit
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 11:01:10 PM »
lol i hope we can do a preorder scam for banjo tooie.

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 02:14:41 AM »
I doubt it will be possible. They won't have it for pre-order or anything, they'll just probably chuck it up on the Marketplace but what do I know

SolidMetal

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 04:11:38 AM »
haha ill play gears 1 with you just only if you have a mic.

coolimac2003

• Donator
  • 64-bit
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 07:29:12 AM »
haha ill play gears 1 with you just only if you have a mic.

i do have a mic

Adam Bomb 669

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 04:18:25 PM »
Why would you WANT to hear people talk from here?  arent you affraid there gonna sound like peter griffin?  or even worse, the jewish guy that runs the store from family guy?  hahahahaha.

SKullinator

• 128-bit
  • Since Hub Mk-2
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 05:20:07 PM »
Man I went to the gym at my school and was filled with people that sounded exactly like the guy from family guy but if he was like 30 years older. It was like some type of crazy jewish convention. AND it was so stereotipical too, the kept talking about the stupidest stuff, stuff that reinforced negative stereo types. Like how the guy at his grocery store has been ripping him off by taking 1 or 2 cents of his change each time he vistied, and how that he could probably of bought a new watch with all that money. Another guy was talking about how Steven Harper (canadain priminister for those who dont know) is an antisemite.

I tried going to that gym a second and third time and each time it was just as bad or worse.

One time the gym was completely empty, so I went for a swim and then in the sauna (BIG MISTAKE), 5 minutes later, a who group of older over weight jewish guys pour into the sauna, and start talking about stereotipical stuff again. There was way too much human per cubic foot.
"I am Resisting your aggressions against me in favor that they are illegal" ~ some skilled crack head

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 05:30:42 PM »
O_O

SolidMetal

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 03:27:45 AM »
lol

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 03:43:44 AM »
I know this is unrelated but I'm downloading that Sonic game HP's been talking about, I'll get back to all of you once I try it ... here's hoping it's a good one ...

Mesh

• Administrator
  • 128-bit
  • TESSSSTIFY
    • Segahub
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 04:07:37 AM »
1 ROL usually means general hardware failure.  Essentially the same thing as the 3RROD.  Just means your GPU solder points are fucked up and you need to reset them by hotboxing your 360.  I usually take apart the console,  Clean off all the thermal paste, and apply some arctic silver 5 to the CPU and GPU die, throw the heatsinks back on, then i rest the fan over the CPU (Temperature sensor is in the CPU not the GPU) so the GPU actually overheats and the CPU doesnt and shut the 360 off.  Leave it on for about 30 minutes.  The GPU should be hot as FUCK.  Like melt your skin off hot.  Let it cool for about 30 minutes.  It should work from here.  Id also recommend getting new fans.  Talismoon has some kick ass high-RPM fans that have a 7v/12v 'nitro' switch.  Hope this helps :P

Generalidea

• Forum Cowboy/Gangster
  • 128-bit
  • Would you say... a million?
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 04:09:44 AM »
One time the gym was completely empty, so I went for a swim and then in the sauna (BIG MISTAKE), 5 minutes later, a who group of older over weight jewish guys pour into the sauna, and start talking about stereotipical stuff again. There was way too much human per cubic foot.

God thats spicy.