47791 Posts in 5479 Topics - by 11191 Members - Latest Member: anubisx

Author Topic: Xbox Soft Mod Kit  (Read 4094 times)

Muler22

• 32-bit
Xbox Soft Mod Kit
« on: November 22, 2008, 12:07:57 AM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300275259170

Starting bid 12$
I only used it 1x to mod my xbox,
everything works perfect.

If someone on here buys it Ill leave the
splinter cell linux save of the memory card,
but if no1 here buys it im gona format the card
before i send it.

Action replay new $40+

Splinter Cell $2.50+/-

Have at it :D

gblock

• 64-bit
Re: Xbox Soft Mod Kit
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 06:13:42 PM »
Hey,  couple of questions...

1)Do you still have the Spinter Cell softmod powersave on your computer? Or know where I can get it at?
2) Is it the one that has the old 360 dashboard on it?
3) I'm looking to get a action replay so I can finally do an xbox myself. Do you have step-by-step on what to do?
Oh and do I have to get a certain version of the Splinter Cell game(like the older the better interms of production run)?

Any help would be appreciated and thanks :)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 06:16:33 PM by gblock »

Call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 11:12:28 PM »
gblock: if you really want to do it that way that's cool, but you know you can just use a pc.
You started this thread in July asking for help.
http://segahub.org/index.php?topic=2882.0
Procrastinate much? :D

strangedogs

• 8-Bit
  • Having fun while getting old...
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 02:59:04 AM »
hmmm... been reading more and more - went to the older thread and the Xbox forums page too - so If I soft mod an Xbox (older one not the 360) I can play "backups"???  I was all set to grab an Xbox but settled on the Dreamcast (which I absolutely LOVE) cause playing "backups" is so nice.  Are the games readily available?  I wanted an Xbox cause it has a lot of my FAV games (Halo, COD, etc) that I played on my PC and my Mac too...  I can get one fairly cheap but wanna know if it's easy to find ISO's and the soft mod will actually work...  I'm great with ROMS, flashing chips, etc., -  but my soldering skills "lack"...  I sold FLASHED Video Cards for a long time on Ebay (bought PC cards and reflashed the rom chips for Mac's).  Actually ran a website and forum for a few years for Mac Video Card flashing (strangedogs.com) - let my domain expire a year or 2 ago and one of my competitors took it over.  There's still the original PROBOARDS forum I started but I'm no longer a part of it as I got back out of it long ago - so I'm quite handy with PC's and chips, etc - the softmod might be worth checking out if I can play "Backups" and find them too.  I belong to lots of torrent sites (Pirate's Bay, Demonoid, etc) but haven't checked for that stuff - BUT I WILL!  Will it work??
There's nothing sweeter than a vintage tube amp and nothing finer than an old dude pushin' it hard.

Generalidea

• Forum Cowboy/Gangster
  • 128-bit
  • Would you say... a million?
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 03:29:21 AM »
Don't use block text, but re write that for me :D :D

Also, for anyone who wants me to, I can mod xbox memory cards and give them usb connectors. its simple, extremely useful for softmodding, and pretty fun to do (I geek out for this sort of stuff).

Call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 07:12:59 AM »
hmmm... been reading more and more - went to the older thread and the Xbox forums page too - so If I soft mod an Xbox (older one not the 360) I can play "backups"???  I was all set to grab an Xbox but settled on the Dreamcast (which I absolutely LOVE) cause playing "backups" is so nice.  Are the games readily available?  I wanted an Xbox cause it has a lot of my FAV games (Halo, COD, etc) that I played on my PC and my Mac too...  I can get one fairly cheap but wanna know if it's easy to find ISO's and the soft mod will actually work...  I'm great with ROMS, flashing chips, etc., -  but my soldering skills "lack"...  I sold FLASHED Video Cards for a long time on Ebay (bought PC cards and reflashed the rom chips for Mac's).  Actually ran a website and forum for a few years for Mac Video Card flashing (strangedogs.com) - let my domain expire a year or 2 ago and one of my competitors took it over.  There's still the original PROBOARDS forum I started but I'm no longer a part of it as I got back out of it long ago - so I'm quite handy with PC's and chips, etc - the softmod might be worth checking out if I can play "Backups" and find them too.  I belong to lots of torrent sites (Pirate's Bay, Demonoid, etc) but haven't checked for that stuff - BUT I WILL!  Will it work??
I never tried actual disc backups so all I can say there is I assume you can. I just FTP the games onto the hard drive. Theres a few torrent sites out there with nice collections of xbox games. I think the nicest part about a modded xbox is the ability to play nes, snes, n64, etc.

gblock

• 64-bit
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 09:18:09 AM »
Yeah...

I wouldn't mind doing a HD upgrade to one, but I'd be afraid of screwing it up...I'd be happy with softmodding(since it's practically idiot proof now lol).  The stock hard drive had enough space for the Big Ass Emulator Disc #1(NES, Snes, Genesis) and Marvel Vs Capcom 2 and still have plenty of room for game saves, so I would be happy :)

Call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 10:12:50 AM »
Mariokart 64 runs quite well. Usually I only play that, araknoid and family fued for snes.

wickidweasel

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 11:06:03 PM »
The old ndure mod works fine with backups but depending on your drive it can be touchy with what media it likes. when I did my old crystal it booted anything and everything.