47847 Posts in 5487 Topics - by 11331 Members - Latest Member: Cipango

Author Topic: Anybody play any good new games lately?  (Read 45830 times)

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
Anybody play any good new games lately?
« on: October 30, 2008, 03:04:49 AM »
I beat MGS4 the other day and deem it to have no replay value, so I'm going to return it for store credit.
I don't know what's a good play anymore, I like Assassins Creed, Oblivion, GTA, stuff like that. Anyone playing anything lately that just rocks your socks off?
Just anything open world, where I don't have to stick to some main plot.

mr.giggity

• Global Moderator
  • 128-bit
  • Giggity giggity goo!!
Re: Anybody play any good new games lately?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 03:20:02 AM »
I've heard good things about Saints Row 2. That would suit your sick bloodlust :D

Ya Yooooooose!!

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 03:26:32 AM »
Saints Row 2 is great, but I beat it in 3-4 days ... straight. ;D

It's a great game though. Each open sandbox game just keeps getting better. You can play online co-op with your friends via Live, and that's where I think this game really shines, broski!

I'm playin Fable 2 and I definitely recommend it as a WoW alternative.

jem

• Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 04:31:05 AM »
Far Cry 2 is awesome. 

You want something where you REALLY don't have to stick to a plot!?  -Fallout 3.

I got out of the vault and had no directions whatsoever:  just wide-open D.C.

SKullinator

• 128-bit
  • Since Hub Mk-2
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 04:56:38 AM »
F A B L E 2  is the omega shiz!!!!
"I am Resisting your aggressions against me in favor that they are illegal" ~ some skilled crack head

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 06:55:15 AM »
Is Fable 2 really that much better than the original? I never really cared for it, actually got bored after a couple of hours. I think Fallout 3 may be right up my alley.
Saints row 2 looks pretty cool, but oh so gta-like.

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 08:47:34 AM »
Judging by your direction Sir, I don't think you would like Fable 2 as much as me and Skully have. Fable 1 seemed to take a lot longer to beat than Fable 2 did, which feels strange to me. It's such a great open game but probably not as open as Fallout 3. I know what Oblivion's like, and that game was HUGE. And there was a crapload of shit to do. Fable 2 has one main story that takes about 10-15 hours to beat, and then the replay value is found in starting over and playing it all the way through again to make different choices. I don't know if that's really how Fallout 3 works, where you can choose whether or not to be a good person, but it's definitely interesting to wonder to yourself "Gee I wonder what would have happened if I had done something else ..." then you have some other quests but they're not really of much worth once you get past the main story.

Fallout 3 seems to me to be your next game to go for! :)

SKullinator

• 128-bit
  • Since Hub Mk-2
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 08:50:05 AM »
personally I thought the 1st one was awsome, dont know if that makes my view bias.

In fable 1, you could be good or evil neutral. you could go from being solid evil to good and nothing would really happen. you apperance would change, people would be scared of you, and shops may give you a discount.

How ever in fable 2... the effects of being good or evil actually play some role in the game.  You be faced with a few decision that will change the game. Like if you help the farmer, his farm will thrive in the future and get alot bigger, but if you take the other quest and kill him or what ever it was, it probably turns into a bandit camp or somthing (IDK I went the good route).  

Yeah I also found it strange fable 2 has atleast 10 times the land that fable 1 has but the main story doesnt feel as long.

If you dont want to drop the 50$ for it, I'd atleast rent it or borrow it off a buddy.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 08:53:08 AM by SKullinator »
"I am Resisting your aggressions against me in favor that they are illegal" ~ some skilled crack head

i_got_you60

• 64-bit
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2008, 11:31:34 AM »
well i say fallout 3 is awesome but personally iam playing metroid fusion on my gba  ;D

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 08:14:28 PM »
I wish in Fable 2 I could just be somewhere in the middle between corrupt and pure. And I'm confused about the fat/thin stuff ... for some reason I'm the fattest bitch on earth right now ... and it said my fatness was -19, so I got confused and ate stuff that said Fatness +5% and things like that. It made it even worse LOL I was the fattest thing in history ... so I'm totally confused, I'll have to double check my fatness when I get home later, I think I ended the game the other day on a good dieted note :D

Generalidea

• Forum Cowboy/Gangster
  • 128-bit
  • Would you say... a million?
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2008, 02:08:26 AM »
lol, just don't eat :P

By the way, played Dead Space a good while today, its a pretty good game :) some neat effects to be sure.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 10:29:54 PM by Generalidea »

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2008, 11:36:36 PM »
I picked up this DVD last night called Dead Space: Downfall, supposed to be the prequel to the video game. Haven't watched it yet, but it looks pretty neat.
The guy who plays drums in my band right now just bought Fable 2 and he's just raving about it, I'll just set up house in his living room one of these days and give it a go.

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2008, 01:29:38 AM »
lol :)

I like Fable 2, they're saying it's possible it will have more missions to dl for it later :)

kokujin

• 8-Bit
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2008, 01:55:12 AM »
Been playing Dead Space, and Fallout 3.I'm liking Dead Space, but Fallout 3 isn't as fun as I thought it would be.I knew it wasn't a real RPG anymore, but it just feels too much like Oblivion.

Mesh

• Administrator
  • 128-bit
  • TESSSSTIFY
    • Segahub
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2008, 08:09:22 AM »
dude,  Dead Space.  Just beat it the other day.  Fucking insane story, awesome gameplay, rediculous graphics, etc.  The game is just phenomenal.  Do yourself a huge favor and pick it up.

soviet

• Uploader
  • 32-bit
  • THE ULTIMATE
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 09:47:27 PM »
Played far cry 2- it felt rather repetitive and boring. Will have a crack at that fall out game

Generalidea

• Forum Cowboy/Gangster
  • 128-bit
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 11:51:24 PM »
It was pretty cool at first (Farcry 2) but yeah, got really boring.

Adam Bomb 669

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2008, 05:46:17 AM »
I have put a decent amount of time into dead space, I like the game, its different and all, but theres better games for the money that have come out in the last couple months or will come out soon.  It is fun though.

franky562

• 32-bit
    • http://myspace.com/footlongfranky
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2008, 10:47:14 PM »
i just picked up resistance 2 and little big planet. resistance story mode was cool but as with most fps really short and easy but still fun but the multiplayer is insane with 60 player skirmish and death matches. little big planet is like no game i've played in a long time the intro screen/level is unbelievable i didn't expect that game to surprise me as much as it did its really fun with a few people.
Friend Codes ADD ME. PM me so that i can add you in return.
STEAM = FooTLongFranky
PS3 ID = ROOMOO
Mario Kart Wii = 3007-8667-2893
BRAWL = 1976-9839-2071

Generalidea

• Forum Cowboy/Gangster
  • 128-bit
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2008, 03:09:06 AM »
Left 4 Dead is crazy fun, albeit kinda cheep feeling :P the physics are neat for when you nail a zombie, kinda like the physics in Area 51 (the fps) for anyone who played it.

I reccommend!