47847 Posts in 5487 Topics - by 11330 Members - Latest Member: chaosdu55

Author Topic: Panzer Dragoon Saga (U)  (Read 12883 times)

SKullinator

• 128-bit
  • Since Hub Mk-2
Re: Panzer Dragoon Saga (U)
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 07:45:59 AM »
Id really like to play this game and get into it but I dont have the time, but I suspect I'll download it play ot for an hour or 2, swear to resume play and then get distracted with something else that needs to be done and not resume.
"I am Resisting your aggressions against me in favor that they are illegal" ~ some skilled crack head

darkNiGHTS

• soccerboi
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
  • Is it getting dark in here, or is it just me?
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 07:48:23 AM »
Alright finished uploading it, I hope some people have fun with it, it's 1.7GBs :P.

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 07:48:43 AM »
This makes me wish I still had a saturn. Or a computer that could emulate it. I used to love this game.

azrd79

• 8-Bit
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 07:46:16 PM »
You're my hero, that simple. Thanks man been looking for this one for ages. I must have like 3 seperate incomplete files for this game from different sources that I could never finish, now I can finally chuck em all out.

darkNiGHTS

• soccerboi
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 06:03:37 AM »
No problem man, glad to help :).

spagett

• Donator
  • 32-bit
  • im a fag ur a fag lets do fag stuff
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 12:39:18 PM »
nice one thanks

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 01:13:27 PM »
This looks more of a turn-based rpg ... I thought all panzer dragoon games were the flying shooter scroller kinda games?!

spagett

• Donator
  • 32-bit
  • im a fag ur a fag lets do fag stuff
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 01:22:57 PM »
yea this is the only one that was a rpg, the first two were rail shooters

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 01:36:45 PM »
yeah I like those better :)

azrd79

• 8-Bit
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 08:02:24 PM »
Just my luck, down to the last RAR and the files are down. Seems it's been removed darkNights.  :(

darkNiGHTS

• soccerboi
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 10:25:53 PM »
The last two work fine for me, try again?

azrd79

• 8-Bit
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 02:23:41 AM »
Yeah sorry about that, seems last time I tried it was in between server changes, before I was getting the files from Mihd.net, then it stopped working for a bit and now it's back to iFile.it.

Sorry about that, I got a slow connection and was worried I was taking too long and the files were taken down.  :-[

azrd79

• 8-Bit
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2008, 01:37:39 PM »
Man I'm such a noob  :-[

I wonder if anyone here can help me with this. I'm having alot if trouble getting this game to run.

First question, burning it for the saturn:

I can't seem to burn these images, both DJ and Nero gives bin load error when I try to load any of the CD images. Can anyone else burn this? If so, with what application?

Second question, running on emu:

I can't get most emu to run on vista, only found two that does, one is Yabause, but both it's hardware and software VDP emulation sucks. The one that runs best for me is SSF: good software emu of graphics, sound and input.

Problem is neither emu can boot the images of CD2, CD3 or CD4. CD 1 boots just fine and I've played the game up to the first CD swap and now I'm stuck. Can anyone else emu the game further than CD1? If so, what emu are you using?

If I could burn the images I think I can just use the saturn system disk (I have the black key disc) to make sure the console boots the other CD's. The system disk don't seem to help on a emu tho.

Anyways, sorry for being clueless and thanks in advance for any help.
Az.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 04:09:15 PM by azrd79 »

darkNiGHTS

• soccerboi
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2008, 05:33:18 PM »
No need to apologize, those are good questions.

In SSF, are you loading the CD image through the emulator or are you mounting the images?  If you're not I'd recommend mounting the images.

I don't know anything about Saturn burning though, sorry.

azrd79

• 8-Bit
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2008, 11:38:51 PM »
Thanks as always darkNights for your replies....

Yeah, I'm mounting the image through Daemon's virtual IDE.

So you're saying you dont have the "disc not suitable for this system" problems on CD2 onwards on SSF??? ....Then there's hope for me. I really wanna figure this out:

1.Are you running Vista or XP? (I've had many issues in the past where Vista causes problems with virtual drives... not to mention emu's).

2. Can you tell me what reigon BIOS you're using with SSF and the country code setting you're on?

3. Are you using Daemon Tools Pro to mount your image? If not, than can you tell me what you're using?

4. Are you using the latest build or an older version of SSF? And have you done anything special with SSF's config or are you running mostly on defaults?

I would also really-really apreciate it if anyone else who has be succesfull in running this game on emu's on your PC or have burned it on you saturn or those who have the same issues as me to drop a post..... puhhhlease  ;)

Elite Evil

• Well hung poster
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2008, 11:48:56 PM »
I would try messing about with different BIOSes first. :)
Freedom headquarters!

darkNiGHTS

• soccerboi
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 12:21:29 AM »
Thanks as always darkNights for your replies....

Yeah, I'm mounting the image through Daemon's virtual IDE.

So you're saying you dont have the "disc not suitable for this system" problems on CD2 onwards on SSF??? ....Then there's hope for me. I really wanna figure this out:

1.Are you running Vista or XP? (I've had many issues in the past where Vista causes problems with virtual drives... not to mention emu's).

2. Can you tell me what reigon BIOS you're using with SSF and the country code setting you're on?

3. Are you using Daemon Tools Pro to mount your image? If not, than can you tell me what you're using?

4. Are you using the latest build or an older version of SSF? And have you done anything special with SSF's config or are you running mostly on defaults?

I would also really-really apreciate it if anyone else who has be succesfull in running this game on emu's on your PC or have burned it on you saturn or those who have the same issues as me to drop a post..... puhhhlease  ;)

I've never played a multidisc game on the Saturn before, sorry.

Try this though:
CD Open -> change the disc image in DAEmon -> CD Close should do the trick. I totally don't remember if that works or not for Azel, I think I just loaded up the saved game from the next disc.

azrd79

• 8-Bit
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2008, 12:31:39 AM »
CD Open -> change the disc image in DAEmon -> CD Close should do the trick. I totally don't remember if that works or not for Azel, I think I just loaded up the saved game from the next disc.

Yeah dude that's the usual steps I take to change disc on multi disc games with emu's that don't have a force disc change function such as the ones you see on good PSX emu's.

Trouble is both Ybause and SSF just wont recognize them as compatible game CD's. The CD loads but I get Disc Not Suitable For This System and while I can play the CD's audio tracks the Set CD+G Channel icon wont change to a Start Application icon.

I've also tried different reigon BIOS and country code combination and all I am able to achive is to make CD1 change from compatible to incompatible. The other 3 CD's remains incompatible regardless of BIOS and country code settings.

I'm gonna keep working on it, maybe try it on XP with a different version of SPTD installed. I'm also gonna ask around the EMU boards. I'll post something if I find a solution.

Thanks again,
Az.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 12:47:07 AM by azrd79 »

darkNiGHTS

• soccerboi
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2008, 12:57:10 AM »
Alright, I'll give it a try if I have time as well.  A little busy atm though.