47847 Posts in 5487 Topics - by 11330 Members - Latest Member: chaosdu55

Author Topic: Looking for an old school xbox  (Read 11134 times)

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
Looking for an old school xbox
« on: April 06, 2008, 03:26:48 AM »
Anybody have one they don't want, or know of where to get one? See the thing is I don't want to spend hardly any money, so I may just be shit out of luck. I don't want to spend over $30. Like I said, probably SOL but I thought it was worth asking.

willplayer

• 128-bit
Re: Looking for an old school xbox
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 03:31:56 AM »
You're right, it's worth asking :) I've got a modded one, that's all ...

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 03:47:04 AM »
Yeah I actually want one so I can try to mod it. I figured if I could use the hd to store games it'd be worth having around.

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 06:35:22 AM »
Right again! Although for me, I can't figure out how to get on xbox live with it without them detecting the mods. The fun thing is playin n64 games on it. :)

Generalidea

• Forum Cowboy/Gangster
  • 128-bit
  • Would you say... a million?
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 11:32:53 AM »
Theres a dash you can switch to if you softmod that bypasses a good amount of detection.

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 08:07:24 PM »
Do you know what it's called? I actually think something might be wrong with this dash, it's xbmc which is one of my favorites and it's worked before but right now it's not working and I'm not sure why. I'm trying to get my xbox to hook up to my desktop that has a wireless adapter, to give the xbox a wireless connection. I've done it before with a laptop, but I'm thinking this might be a bit different. I did the netsh bridge adapter thing. It seems to get all cooky right now if I bridge the connection though (which I think I need to do to get to the next step).

Muler22

• 32-bit
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 09:14:24 AM »
I have a softmodded with some games, controllers, modding equipment, and shit...

Im not lettin it go for anywhere near 30$ hahaha

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 09:29:29 AM »
It's definitely a treasure, but I'd love to go back to the 360, that's why I put up a trade offer for one every so often. So many of my friends send me messages on there about how they miss me, it's crazy :( haha

Mesh

• Administrator
  • 128-bit
  • TESSSSTIFY
    • Segahub
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 10:47:56 PM »
Hmm i know gamestop sells them for 60 dollars used.  A retarded monkey with down syndrome and multiple sclerosis could softmod an xbox, so you really cant charge extra for something so simple.  I cant understand why people who are like OMFG IT HAS EMULATORZ AND STUFF, and charge like 50 extra dollars for maybe a half hour of work combined.  roflcopter.

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 11:39:20 PM »
I saw the gamestop deal, thats probably what I'm going to end up buying. I bought a used xbox from them last year, had to return it because it wouldn't read discs, got a different one, and after a month it didn't read discs either, so I ended up selling it. But, if I''m going to softmod it anyway, it won't really matter if it reads discs or not.
Is it really that easy to softmod? I was always a ps2 fan and never did much with xbox, consequently I know very little about anything xbox.

Generalidea

• Forum Cowboy/Gangster
  • 128-bit
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 12:31:47 AM »
Theres a topic about this somewhere bud :P I'll dig it for you.

http://segahub.org/smf/index.php?topic=2082.0

Mesh

• Administrator
  • 128-bit
  • TESSSSTIFY
    • Segahub
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 09:13:50 PM »
Dude.....its so easy its just a matter of having the right shit (Legit copy of either mechassault, 007, or splinter cell), the xbox to USB adapter (Which is insanely easy to make, just make sure you have an extra breakaway cable and a crappy usb cable laying around), and an xbox memory card.  I still have all the files you need backed up so you dont have to go digging through mininova for hours.  Its so simple once you do it you will be like wow that really is fuckin easy.

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 09:34:28 PM »
Kick ass man, thanks. I'll let you know when I get the xbox so I can nab those files from you.

wickidweasel

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 03:14:16 AM »
 Go for the NDURE mod its piss easy i did it first try takes about 10 mins then just ftp all your shit over to it
when i did the ps2 HDD mod i had a prog so you could use the drive in pc to dump isos faster not sure if one came out for the box tho.

wouldnt mind having another box myself but i only want one game on it

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 05:06:25 AM »
The only game I'm really jonzin' to play again is morrowind. But I also want tiger and thief, which I don't want to pay for, and good luck finding thief at all.

Muler22

• 32-bit
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2008, 11:42:43 AM »
Hmm i know gamestop sells them for 60 dollars used.  A retarded monkey with down syndrome and multiple sclerosis could softmod an xbox, so you really cant charge extra for something so simple.  I cant understand why people who are like OMFG IT HAS EMULATORZ AND STUFF, and charge like 50 extra dollars for maybe a half hour of work combined.  roflcopter.

well i have like 50 games, and i own like 12.
hahaha

(XBOX GAMES)
not emulators and shit

Generalidea

• Forum Cowboy/Gangster
  • 128-bit
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2008, 06:33:37 PM »
I've got about 50 games on right now, but I never play them, I generally stick with the 20,000 games that I've got running on emulators *laugh*

wickidweasel

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2008, 06:53:37 PM »
The Ndure exploit has the ability to load up to a stock state by using the eject button from where you could launch a retail
game and access live

thats the last of my Ndure sales pitch as now im just wanting to mod a box for the fun of it
and i cant find a crystal as cheap as i sold mine i was expecting them to cost about a tenner by now

Mesh

• Administrator
  • 128-bit
  • TESSSSTIFY
    • Segahub
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2008, 09:44:10 PM »
I have a special Morrowind complete with like every hack, mod, and add-on you can imagine packed up into an ISO.  I decompiled it and plopped it on my HD though so the loading times are like 2 seconds rofl.  I have that backed up too.  Ill upload it if you ever get your hands on an Xbox and softmod it ^^.

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2008, 11:39:40 PM »
I have a special Morrowind complete with like every hack, mod, and add-on you can imagine packed up into an ISO.  I decompiled it and plopped it on my HD though so the loading times are like 2 seconds rofl.  I have that backed up too.  Ill upload it if you ever get your hands on an Xbox and softmod it ^^.
Now THAT is awesome. I'm just going to pick up a box from gamestop, little more than I wanted to spend, but now I'm anxious to softmod it. Hopefully I don't screw it up and have to drop another $60. :D