47847 Posts in 5487 Topics - by 11330 Members - Latest Member: chaosdu55

Author Topic: [PC] P2M Upload Tutorial [Alternate Method]  (Read 5485 times)

mr.giggity

• Global Moderator
  • 128-bit
  • Giggity giggity goo!!
[PC] P2M Upload Tutorial [Alternate Method]
« on: January 01, 2008, 01:34:59 PM »
I know darkNIGHTS and a couple others had dramas uploading files with P2M, so I decided to do this tutorial to make it a hell of a lot easier for people wanting to upload this way :D

First off, you will need these 4 programs:
P2M
GMail Drive
RapidCRC
7Zip

Once you have them, install them

Gmail drive is a really nifty program that once installed, will create a virtual drive under your computer...

I am assuming that we all have winrar and know how to use it...

Secondly, go to GMAIL and set up an account for your game to be stored at. If possible incorporate the name of the game into the username. Eg -segahub.ikaruga@gmail.com

1. Get your ISO,CDI etc file and rar it to one file on the best setting to make it as small as possible.
2. Right click on your rar file and choose 7zip and "Add to archive..." You should then see this:

You should only be concerned about the red highlighted sections.
Compression level : If you have a decent amount of ram, select ultra so 7zip wil compress your rar file even smaller
Word size : Always set this to the highest level
Enter Password : Use this to encrypt your zip. I always have show password ticked in case of typo...
Split to volume, bytes : This is VERY important. Manually input "7meg". This will split your zip into many equal 7 meg files, allowing each one to be sent as a separate email.
NOTE : Dictionary size will be automatically set depending on the amount of ram you have

3. Press 
4. Now depending on the file size, you will have a number of .7z files in your folder. Highlight all of these, right click and select "Open with RapidCRC"

5. Click on create SFV file
6. Highlight Create one .sfv file for all files

7. Then go ahead and save it with the other files you have just created
If it saves as a "rar" file type (instead of a green ring), delete it and repeat step 4, but this time when saving, alter the name of the .sfv file slightly

You will now have a directory similar to this:

Double click on .sfv file to check your 7z files are all ok:

*If one or more of the files do not show as OK, try using a faster setting when using 7zip to split your rar (step 2)*

8. Now right click on your Gmail virtual drive and select "login as", you should then see this

Now enter the username and password from the gmail account you set up previously and press "OK". NOTE: You DO NOT require @gmail.com

Don't forget to change the username/password each time you are posting a new game!!
Now double click the "Gmail Drive" icon

If the system says it cannot log you in because of blah blah blah, just hit back and try again.

9. Now all you have to do is simply drag and drop or copy and paste all your 7z files and .sfv file into the gmail drive, and it will automatically post them to your newly setup gmail account as separate emails!!!

SIMPLE HUH?

Almost Finished...

POSTING
The password to your account must be encrypted before you post it, open P2M and press

Simply enter your original password make sure the SSL encryption box is ticked, and hit
When you post the details where your game is located, make sure to post email provider, username, ENCRYPTED password and decryption password to 7zip files if you used it. When downloading, when copying the password in, P2M will automatically decrypt it for you

Using gmail or other web based providers ensures that game downloads stay available a lot longer than the 90 days a file sharing site will allow, and you can download it all in one hit!!

FIN

« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 12:24:48 AM by darkNiGHTS »

Ya Yooooooose!!

darkNiGHTS

• soccerboi
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
  • Is it getting dark in here, or is it just me?
Re: P2M Upload Tutorial [Alternate Method]
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 07:48:27 PM »
The uploading works fine for me, but when I go to download it, P2M freezes my computer :(.  P2M really doesn't like me, does it...

mr.giggity

• Global Moderator
  • 128-bit
  • Giggity giggity goo!!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 01:40:58 AM »
It doesn't seem to....try re-installing.

Ya Yooooooose!!

Adam Bomb 669

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 09:14:48 AM »
so I have to create a new account for every game I want to upload?

mr.giggity

• Global Moderator
  • 128-bit
  • Giggity giggity goo!!
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 01:17:42 PM »
Yep but it only takes 10 seconds

Ya Yooooooose!!