47847 Posts in 5487 Topics - by 11331 Members - Latest Member: Saturny2X

Author Topic: Heading to Japan next month... what weird gaming shit should I pickup?  (Read 1308 times)

darkNiGHTS

• soccerboi
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
  • Is it getting dark in here, or is it just me?
So guys, I just found out you can order from Amazon.co.jp and have it shipped to a corner store!

I still can't get the idea out of my head that I'm going to bring back Dreamcast Twin Sticks for Virtual ON... Less than $50 there instead of $100 here in the US! I'll really have to take close measurements and make sure it can be packed so it won't get broken, such an awkward shape to fit in a suitcase. Does anyone have one? How easy are they to remove the joysticks on?

Also super tempted to get Samba De Amigo maracas... Only $20. But look at that sensor bar, lol! But possibly that would pack fine because it's just long and flat.

More realistically, I'm going to pick up a Dreamcast Skeleton Keyboard (about $15), a Neo Geo Pocket (about $50), a Neo Geo CD controller (about $35), a Saturn console (about $25).

Anyone have any suggestions for awesome stuff Japan got but we didn't (or is significantly cheaper in Japan)?