47847 Posts in 5487 Topics - by 11331 Members - Latest Member: Saturny2X

Author Topic: Anybody play any good new games lately?  (Read 46034 times)

leglessparrot

• 32-bit
Re: Anybody play any good new games lately?
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2008, 02:36:23 PM »
The best I've gotten lately are Saint's Row 2, Gears of War 2, Too Human, Mirror's Edge, Fable 2 of course, Fallout 3, Burstlimit and Guitar Hero World Tour. Can't wait for Flashpoint 2.
My computer beat me at chess. But I beat it at kickboxing.

Generalidea

• Forum Cowboy/Gangster
  • 128-bit
  • Would you say... a million?
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2008, 09:48:03 PM »
The other night a friend and I stayed up 'till 5-6 ish playing Team Deatchmatch on Resistance 2 :O

The 60 player servers are insane! and there are tons of them filled to the brim! The maps are wide enough, and vary enough so you're not always swapping bullets (a little breathing time) and the sniping is so damn fun :)
Managed to rank first on my team once, nearly got 1/10th of the kills (team kill count was 1000 , it was a huge battle!)

Aside from the deathmatch, the coop is awesome, class based so you're looking at limited weapons, but the classes are balanced and helpful (tank type, healer, ammo giver) the healer (my choice) charges his own health and healing ability by drawing it from the enemy via a gun not unlike ut's pulse rifle alt shot. Didn't play the other classes, but on top of it all, you have leveling up and stuff, its cool! :o

So yeah, that was the best multilayer experience I've had in a LONG time :D Y'all should try it if you have the chance

SolidMetal

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2008, 01:10:31 AM »
I got Sonic Unleashed and The Last Remnant.

Both really good games except in The Last Remnant the loading screens are really a bother but the game is very beautiful.  In Sonic Unleashed its really fun but your going to spend a good 20 minutes on every Werehog level which I honestly don't feel like I have the time for all that.

darkNiGHTS

• soccerboi
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
  • Is it getting dark in here, or is it just me?
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2008, 01:56:40 AM »
You liked Sonic Unleashed?  The story makes me want to hurt myself (not too much of an exaggeration) and the werewolf levels are stupid as hell.

kazekagesama

• 32-bit
  • Strongest Under The Heavens
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2009, 05:50:01 AM »
Valkyria Chronicles is pretty good, except for the story layout. It's basically laid out as if it's a history book and you go back to the book screen after each cut-scene, which is a pain, but the battles are badass and more than make up for the wait; you can also get Vyse and Aika from Skies of Arcadia on your squad, which is pretty cool.

Persona 4 is pretty nice as well. It's a definite improvement over Persona 3; also, there's a dungeon in the game that pokes fun at 8-bit RPGS complete with a boss that looks like a hero from a 8-bit RPG.

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2009, 09:25:42 AM »
''I've been really digging Fallout 3. It isn't "Oblivion with guns" like I'd heard (and was hoping for), but it's pretty sweet.

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2009, 10:55:47 AM »
Wow ... I guess to each their own. Because I found Fallout 3 to have the exact same feel as Oblivion except different story, a few new concepts, and you couldn't run ... wtf ... ::)

SolidMetal

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2009, 06:37:10 PM »
You liked Sonic Unleashed?  The story makes me want to hurt myself (not too much of an exaggeration) and the werewolf levels are stupid as hell.
uh yeah? Your just being too skeptical, if you played it for the wii then I understand. The ps2/wii versions are a lot different then the 360/ps3, more hedgehog levels in 360.

darkNiGHTS

• soccerboi
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
  • Is it getting dark in here, or is it just me?
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2009, 09:32:05 PM »
uh yeah? Your just being too skeptical, if you played it for the wii then I understand. The ps2/wii versions are a lot different then the 360/ps3, more hedgehog levels in 360.
The Wii/PS2 version are rated quite a bit higher than the X360 and PS3 versions....

Donkeyboy

• SegaHub's prodigal son. I show up with the wind.
  • Administrator
  • 64-bit
  • Everyday Legend
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2009, 02:17:41 AM »
The 360 version made me want to KILL MYSELF.  Hedgehog = okay, could use more polish.  Werehog = God of War for Four-Year-Olds in hell.

Good stuff: Valkyria Chronicles.  WOW. :o
XBL Gamertag: Everyday Legend  -  PSN ID: Everyday_Legend  -  Steam: Everyday Legend
Dtoid: Everyday Legend  -  Raptr: Everyday Legend  -  Twitter: Everyday_Legend

Yep.  There's a theme.

SolidMetal

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2009, 02:30:55 AM »
yeah right.

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2009, 02:44:52 AM »
Damn donkeyboy, haven't seen you on in a while!

Donkeyboy

• Administrator
  • 64-bit
  • Everyday Legend
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2009, 02:49:37 AM »
Too busy playing Valkyria Chronicles.  If it had online play it would be Advance Wars for the PS3.  But it doesn't.  And that's the ONLY thing that sucks about that game.
XBL Gamertag: Everyday Legend  -  PSN ID: Everyday_Legend  -  Steam: Everyday Legend

Yep.  There's a theme.

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2009, 03:30:02 AM »
i almost picked that up last week, bought fallout 3 instead.

Donkeyboy

• Administrator
  • 64-bit
  • Everyday Legend
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2009, 09:33:23 AM »
The only drawback is a matter of personal taste: anime.  If you don't dig anime art style, you may write it off too quickly as a exposition-heavy Japanese RPG.  Which, under the circumstances, would make you very right - but this isn't long, drawn out and boring like a "Tales" series game, so expect a lot of military shit with a Pocky flavor to it.

I can't stand Fallout.  It's Oblivion, and anyone who tries to convince me otherwise fails miserably.  I also played the shit out of LittleBigPlanet, and I am digging it, actually.  That and a little gem called PixelJunk Monsters.  Wow, that game is addictive.

Yep.  There's a theme.

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2009, 09:42:52 AM »
I heard a similar game to Little Big Planet is in the works for Xbox 360, it had some weird japanese name to it though so I don't remember what it was called, but it will definitely be worth a look! :D

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2009, 09:49:59 AM »
fallout isn't bad, but I definitely don't think it's oblivion. My reason? I love oblivion, and fallout 3 is just OK. No spells. I don't know why I don't love it, I admit it is pretty similar. Just doesn't feel the same.

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2009, 08:06:52 PM »
I just feel like Oblivion was its own genre ... it had this Zelda feel but it was huge and the story actually had a meaning. And even after I beat it I still wanted to play it! Amazing ...

Donkeyboy

• Administrator
  • 64-bit
  • Everyday Legend
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2009, 09:41:53 PM »
Oblivion bored the living shit out of me.  Fallout did the same, but the difference is that F3 took a few days to bore me where Oblivion took a few hours. 

Here's what I've played since I've been gone:

LittleBigPlanet
Lumines Supernova
PixelJunk Monsters
Valkyria Chronicles
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Warriors Orochi 2
Samurai Warriors 2 Xtreme Legends
Far Cry 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
Fallout 3
Prince Of Persia
Tenchu Z
Resistance 2
Mega Man 9
SoulCalibur 4
Catan
Tales Of Vesperia
Sonic Unleashed
Burnout Paradise
Naruto: The Broken Bond
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm
Left 4 Dead
Castle Crashers
Mirror's Edge
Gears Of War 2
Fable 2
Guilty Gear 2: Overture
Mercenaries 2
GTA IV
Too Human
Lost Odyssey
Iron Man
Sonic Unleashed
Unreal Tournament III
Dark Sector

And some other miscellaneous shit, I can assure you.  But yeah, this is what I've been up to.

Yep.  There's a theme.

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2009, 09:53:47 PM »
I wanna know where you get all the money to just buy all these XBLA games! Every minute I look on there, you've already dl'ed the newest game, good or bad!