47847 Posts in 5487 Topics - by 11331 Members - Latest Member: Saturny2X

Author Topic: Anybody play any good new games lately?  (Read 46035 times)

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
Re: Anybody play any good new games lately?
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2010, 03:57:13 AM »
Don't know, I wanted to buy a ps3 slim over the holidays and every place I called told me they were completely sold out. The guys at gamestop told me some of their customers had mentioned they were sick of the rrod thing.
It's a small city with a few other smaller cities nearby, so I called all the walmarts and kmarts around and they were out of ps3's as well.
I think the new model and price drop are working to Sony's advantage.
Plus, all the 360 exclusives I've seen are Halo type games. The only FPS games I really like are wolfenstein 3d, doom and quake.

It's not so much the games though, I don't like any console that dies so easy. It's like bedding down with a 90 year old whore you might wake up next to dead.
I had a wii for a while, it does get really really boring. My parents just bought one and they like it though.

I haven't played Nights into dreams in some time, I need to score that saturn and maybe even just christmas nights, whatever.

By the way though, I haven't ever been able to say many bad things about the ps3. If you do want a next gen console that's what I'd go with.

i_got_you60

• 64-bit
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2010, 03:18:18 PM »
dragon age origins is the best shit ever on the PC.go play it now or jesus will not forgive you.

Elite Evil

• Well hung poster
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2010, 08:09:11 PM »
I am playing it too, it is quite good but feels very dated and the difficulty curve is a series of peaks and troughs, no curve. A step back from Jade Empire.
Freedom headquarters!

i_got_you60

• 64-bit
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2010, 12:09:14 AM »
yes well it depends on the quests you take and since you can take anyone of them after playing for a while i guess i can forgive it for that.but really this game is better than fallout 3(havent played much) or oblivion.

i hate that game ughh the ugly graphics really suck.and damn its gameplay its soo fucking bad

there is also an official patch which supposedly makes the game easier and balances the gameplay

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/11/06/dragon-age-patch-out-targets-difficulty-issue/
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 12:35:36 AM by i_got_you60 »

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2010, 02:24:30 AM »
Better than Oblivion? You speak heresy!
I thought it might be like Oblivion so I read up on it and I'm not impressed.
Theres not a demo, is there?

Elite Evil

• Well hung poster
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2010, 06:18:40 AM »
The problem isn't that it is too hard, 95% of the game is a walkover once you win the battle with the mid 90s magic control system, but every now and again there is a fight where if you start in the wrong place you just die near enough instantly.

Finished the 4 recruiting main quests and most of the side quests, although ones that are impossible to complete (mostly because of violence) stay in my journal. :@

I also thought fallout 3 was wank, oblivion was great though.

With a megashares account you can find a demo of anything. ;)
Freedom headquarters!

Ofnir_leader

• 64-bit
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2010, 06:41:55 AM »
Dead Space!!!, never imagine but that shit is awesome, love the game, is in my favorite list foreverrr!
@Dreamcast Witch@

xXSTR8FSXx

• 128-bit
  • ????????????????? ?????
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2010, 03:20:05 AM »
The last time I played a new game was at PAX 09. And the last new one was Left 4 Dead 2 about 2 months before it came out. It was totally worth that 2 hour long line wait.

Petition for a Dreamcast 2! It might not work but it's worth a shot!
http://www.petitiononline.com/dreamcst/petition-sign.html

Facebook Segahub group! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=211332538537&v=info

i_got_you60

• 64-bit
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2010, 03:10:57 AM »
The problem isn't that it is too hard, 95% of the game is a walkover once you win the battle with the mid 90s magic control system, but every now and again there is a fight where if you start in the wrong place you just die near enough instantly.

Finished the 4 recruiting main quests and most of the side quests, although ones that are impossible to complete (mostly because of violence) stay in my journal. :@

I also thought fallout 3 was wank, oblivion was great though.

With a megashares account you can find a demo of anything. ;)
well the only other such game i played like this was kotor and that was made by bioware as well and one game i really enjoyed i guess you can know how i feel about it.and as for starting in the wrong place i know what your talking about.iam at this warehouse in denerim where all of the logains gaurd gang-up on me and iam not left with much space to fight in.i also had a hard time with a side quest which involved killing a blood mage.then i had to go all the way back to my camp get 2 mages and then start the fight all over again.

as for oblivion i still dont get why ppl love that game.i mean its got some of the most horrendous graphics i have ever seen in a vid game.the combat is another thing i hate about this game the most.you can easily get pwned by a single enemy.

i also hate those little triceratop like creatures near oblivion gates with their masters they hound you to death.i find myself in fights with 5 or enemies and i get pwned instantly also i think also sffers from the "starting a fight  in the wrong place can get you pwned" syndrome" mostly when entering those oblivion gates and its various buildings these guys are waiting in numbers to take my head off goddamit
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 03:15:40 AM by i_got_you60 »

Elite Evil

• Well hung poster
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2010, 04:16:52 AM »
I finished dragonage and give it 3/10. If you like it and KOTOR then play Jade Empire and Mass Effect as they are much better...
Freedom headquarters!

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2010, 07:20:08 AM »
I'll go ahead and give infamous a 9/10. It's a great game, though for whatever reason probably not one I'll remember a year from now.

scorp111

• 32-bit
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2010, 03:32:47 AM »
I had a chance to sit down and play Painkiller Resurrection for PC the other day. It's ok I would say it is better than the original Painkiller though.

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2010, 05:06:33 AM »
I've got a good game for you elder scroll fans out there,
I bought an N-gage with elder scrolls shadowkey and it rocks. Not the n-gage, just the game. All in all the n gage is pretty lame, but there are a few gems.
It's nice if you want to take the elder scrolls with you in your pocket.

AmberButane

• 16-bit
  • Amber Butane Corps
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2010, 07:04:15 AM »
All in all the n gage is pretty lame, but there are a few gems.

The N-Gage always really fascinated me.  I don't see why it always got so much crap.  The games were cool and it was a cool idea at the time.  Does the service still work on them?
THE SEEDS OF CRIME BEAR BITTER FRUIT, YOU OLD HAG!!!!!!

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2010, 08:01:45 PM »
The ngage arena service was shut down last year i believe, but local multiplayer is still possible. I'm going to find out if I can get service on the phone through alltel.

AmberButane

• 16-bit
  • Amber Butane Corps
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2010, 12:07:49 AM »
I want one now.
THE SEEDS OF CRIME BEAR BITTER FRUIT, YOU OLD HAG!!!!!!

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2010, 02:49:23 AM »
I paid around $90 for mine on ebay, they're not cheap as far as old phones go, but I think it was worth the price. If you get one make sure you get an MMC card, I'm looking into how to put multiple games on the same card.

i_got_you60

• 64-bit
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2010, 08:43:02 AM »
i finished dragon age origins on the PC and i give it a 9/10.best game of 2009.

fuck MW2 and activison/IW with their 4 hour long single player campaign

now playing dead space

Elite Evil

• Well hung poster
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2010, 03:54:18 PM »
3/10 for DGO.
Freedom headquarters!

xXSTR8FSXx

• 128-bit
  • ????????????????? ?????
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2010, 07:26:51 AM »
The new Army of 2 game better be good because the last one sucked nuts. I don't know why people even like that game.

Petition for a Dreamcast 2! It might not work but it's worth a shot!
http://www.petitiononline.com/dreamcst/petition-sign.html

Facebook Segahub group! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=211332538537&v=info