47847 Posts in 5487 Topics - by 11331 Members - Latest Member: Cipango

Author Topic: In the world of bad consoles the sega 32x is pretty amazing bruhs...............  (Read 3605 times)

spshortman

• Bruh
  • 64-bit
compared to real turds like the xbox one, 3do, jaguar, cd-i, virtual boy etc, the sega 32x is pretty amazing!

theres even more good ones, these are just the ones i like. in terms of adding to the genesis i think the 32x actually made more sense then the sega cd. with sega cd you got mode 7 scaling, cd music with genesis sfx and the worst looking fmv of all time. with 32x you got good flat shaded 3d (metal head texture mapped) increased color palette and slightly better audio. i love the sega cd and it has its classics but i feel like the 32x gets more shit than it deserves. its better then a lot of uber turd consoles out there!

did you bruhs like the 32x? ever experience it back in the day? i got one in the late 90s with a crappy wrestling game, didnt think much of it then but when i started to collect more 5-7 years ago i bought a bunch of these games and they were all awesome! talk to me brehs...................

p.s. the cosmic carnage soundtrack is baller https://youtu.be/EJ9qouRxwDM?t=14m30s
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 12:30:17 PM by spshortman »

Elite Evil

• Well hung poster
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
I think the issue with 32X is why would anyone buy one when saturn and ps1 were either out or just about to be released?

I don't remember ever meeting anyone who had a 32X and I have never played on one in real life.
Freedom headquarters!

spshortman

• Bruh
  • 64-bit
yeah imo neither the sega cd or 32x were needed, they should have put everything they had behind the genesis and then made the saturn perfect. but considering that the 32x does exist and it was made by sega its actually pretty good, not the total piece of shit everyone makes it out to be. just classic 90s sega not giving a fuck and doing whatever they wanted lulz!!!11

heres a pretty cool tech demo of the 32x: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOWZbydnlZE had some 3d potential!

darkNiGHTS

• soccerboi
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
  • Is it getting dark in here, or is it just me?
Yeah, if SEGA had skipped 32x and CD they might have done better with the Saturn which in turn would have given the Dreamcast a longer life. But hey, maybe I would have never found out about the Dreamcast then? I got it for $15 from EB Games and it could played burned games.

32X had some nice 2D scalers but both it and Saturn's 3D capabilities aren't great. PS1 came out in the same year as the 32X and was much more capable for 3D games (and waiting 5 minutes for a game to load!).

spshortman

• Bruh
  • 64-bit
i dont think sega wanted to let go of the genesis because it was so successful. the sega of america boss tom kalinske thought it was a good idea to have a cheap way for gamers to get into the 32 bit era with the 32x. i dont know why he thought it was smart with the saturn already in development, but maybe thats just how fragmented sega of america was to sega of japan. its pretty crazy to think how much hardware sega launched in the 90s compared to what we get today. its also interesting that sega of america made the 32x while sega of japan made most of the other hardware, they were almost separate companies sometimes.

your right about the ps1 dude. sony accurately predicted what would be popular in gaming at that time. they had the nice fmv compression and pretty good 3d. and yes that thing fucking loads man shit!11!111

even though the saturn wasn't as capable with 3d as the ps1, it would have been interesting to see what kind of success it could have had if they hadn't fucked up the launch and the price. i bet even with the same hardware it would have been way more successful if it was the same price as ps1 and had a good launch.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 02:22:10 AM by spshortman »