47518 Posts in 5447 Topics - by 10851 Members - Latest Member: 1984doubledragon

Author Topic: Help me to hack and translate(Japonese to English) the games of dreamcast!  (Read 13253 times)

lucasmilu

• Uploader
  • 16-bit
  • DCHQ
DCHQ(Dreamcast High Quality)

I opened this topic for require all help possible to hack and translate the games of dreamcast.
in this moment I'm tranlating Frame gride(JAP to English), of course, I'm not a expert in japonese, any help is welcome see pictures below:

I re-working on Frame Gride...
I finally decoded the internal font, now I'm able to translate 100%

« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 07:50:17 PM by lucasmilu »

xXSTR8FSXx

• 64-bit
  • ????????????????? ?????
    • My DeviantArt
I've studied the Japanese language for a little less than a year and will be willing to help with the project. As long as I don't have to have a super powerful computer it shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Petition for a Dreamcast 2! It might not work but it's worth a shot!
http://www.petitiononline.com/dreamcst/petition-sign.html

Facebook Segahub group! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=211332538537&v=info

lucasmilu

• Uploader
  • 16-bit
  • DCHQ
I've studied the Japanese language for a little less than a year and will be willing to help with the project. As long as I don't have to have a super powerful computer it shouldn't be that much of a problem.
Your help is welcome, if you see some worng, report me.
This text I'm not sure if is correct  ????????????????? = Kono tsudzuki wa seishihan de otanoshime kudasai = This Continuation is a retail version
Please enjoy it

Call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
From what I've seen this game looks a lot like Virtual On.

Cheeseman

• 32-bit
Goodluck man! Any help with the dreamcast scene is an A+ in my book. Don't know any Japanese personally but there is soooo many good games on dreamcast that are in Japanese only, good to see some people willing to take the time to translate them for the rest of the DC community! Cheers and GL!!!
"I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast!"
"You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?!?!?"
"NO!!!!"

xXSTR8FSXx

• 64-bit
    • My DeviantArt
Your help is welcome, if you see some worng, report me.
This text I'm not sure if is correct  ????????????????? = Kono tsudzuki wa seishihan de otanoshime kudasai = This Continuation is a retail version
Please enjoy it

The Kanji kicked me in the nuts but I think you're close. It doesn't sound right to me. It's probably something like "This is a retail version, please enjoy" or "Please enjoy this game in its retail form", or something like that. I'll download it when possible. Internet here is shit.

Facebook Segahub group! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=211332538537&v=info

Anthony817

• 8-Bit
Wow, great work you are doing with this game! The more games translated the better!

Could I intrest you with joining up with a newly created release group project going on here?

http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3194&p=31339#p31339

The goal was to get any games dumped that have never been released in all 3 regions, and to create mods for games, and translations too. Captain Dreamcast is good with optomizing games too, and he is able to help out possibly.

Maybe you could get work done faster by working in a group?

lucasmilu

• Uploader
  • 16-bit
  • DCHQ
Wow, great work you are doing with this game! The more games translated the better!

Could I intrest you with joining up with a newly created release group project going on here?

http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3194&p=31339#p31339

The goal was to get any games dumped that have never been released in all 3 regions, and to create mods for games, and translations too. Captain Dreamcast is good with optomizing games too, and he is able to help out possibly.

Maybe you could get work done faster by working in a group?

Ok, include me in group!
Any help is welcome, you can contact me in my personal e-mail for any question.
lucasmilu@yahoo.com.br

Captain Dreamcast

• 8-Bit
  • Sixth Generation Video Defender
Ok, include me in group!
Any help is welcome, you can contact me in my personal e-mail for any question.
lucasmilu@yahoo.com.br
Awesome, this is gonna rock!  :D
All of your projects are really great, I hope we can get a whole lot of cool stuff done.

As for the Alien Front problem...
Extracting the 3D textures is gonna be tough, they use the lossy VQ compression. I have worked with this compression before on a game development project, so I might still have a tool for that lying around. But even if you managed to extract the textures they'd have a horrible quality, which could even get worse after re-encoding. :(

On a positive note, the Sprites seem to have a lossless encoding type. Depending on how close it is to the DEFLATE algorithm, I might be able to help you. What really strikes me as odd though is that the normal PVR headers seem to be intact. Once I have a little more time on my hands I'll give it another thorough look.

And if all fails, I bet there's someone at the new release group who knows how to extract the textures!  :P
I'll send you some more info on the group in the next few days, okay?

For Great Justice!

lucasmilu

• Uploader
  • 16-bit
  • DCHQ
Awesome, this is gonna rock!  :D
All of your projects are really great, I hope we can get a whole lot of cool stuff done.

As for the Alien Front problem...
Extracting the 3D textures is gonna be tough, they use the lossy VQ compression. I have worked with this compression before on a game development project, so I might still have a tool for that lying around. But even if you managed to extract the textures they'd have a horrible quality, which could even get worse after re-encoding. :(

On a positive note, the Sprites seem to have a lossless encoding type. Depending on how close it is to the DEFLATE algorithm, I might be able to help you. What really strikes me as odd though is that the normal PVR headers seem to be intact. Once I have a little more time on my hands I'll give it another thorough look.

And if all fails, I bet there's someone at the new release group who knows how to extract the textures!  :P
I'll send you some more info on the group in the next few days, okay?

Ok! I want very these graphics of alien front, I tried many times to extract pvr files from binary files, but not sucess, if you get it, send me.This game(alien front), look easy of make a mod with your engine.
The graphics from frame gride is easy to extract, but now, I need first translate, I bilieve than 50% is complete.

lucasmilu

• Uploader
  • 16-bit
  • DCHQ
The Kanji kicked me in the nuts but I think you're close. It doesn't sound right to me. It's probably something like "This is a retail version, please enjoy" or "Please enjoy this game in its retail form", or something like that. I'll download it when possible. Internet here is shit.
Thanks! I add more one, look It!

xXSTR8FSXx

• 64-bit
    • My DeviantArt
??????is "month" or "moon".
???????stereo
???????mono (one speaker sound)
???????????vibration
BGM?? (?????? = BGM volume (basically what you did is accurate)

How do you open the files? It really confuses me.

lucasmilu

• Uploader
  • 16-bit
  • DCHQ
???????stereo
???????????vibration

All option screen were translated, I would like to help for the second screenshot, tsuki is moon? moon can be write with hiragana? i know 3  used to this kanji ?(tsuki) = moon ?(gatsu) = month and ?(getsu) = moonday

I use a plugin on photoshop to view these PVR files, you can to use SEEPVR too.
I will upload it.

lucasmilu

• Uploader
  • 16-bit
  • DCHQ
???????stereo
???????????vibration

Here is the program and some text who still left http://www.zshare.net/download/8848497557019dc1 , the others text like option, menu.. were translated, see the screenshots above

I bilieve, ?? is some adverb like with.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 06:44:25 AM by lucasmilu »

VasiliyRS

• 64-bit
  • dreamcast-talk moderator
    • dreamcast-talk.com
lucasmilu ,we are interested if there is any progress with your projects.

lucasmilu

• Uploader
  • 16-bit
  • DCHQ
lucasmilu ,we are interested if there is any progress with your projects.
during translation, my Japanese improved a lot.I am very happy with my progress, this was the hardest thing to do .
I will finish it this month, but, some files with extension MGF, I could not open or extract it, maybe some text like story, will have no translation.
Any help with these files is welcome.
http://www.zshare.net/download/904239215bb2774f/

Anthony817

• 8-Bit
This is excellent work! Any news on an update on where you are now? This is a very interesting game.

darkNiGHTS

• soccerboi
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
  • Is it getting dark in here, or is it just me?
lucas, what you're doing is great and I can't wait to see the results :).

lucasmilu

• Uploader
  • 16-bit
  • DCHQ
lucas, what you're doing is great and I can't wait to see the results :).

Thank you, I will finish it soon.

lucasmilu

• Uploader
  • 16-bit
  • DCHQ
Re: Help me to hack and translate(Japonese to English) the games of dreamcast!
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2011, 06:53:08 PM »
DCHQ(Dreamcast High Quality)

I opened this topic for require all help possible to hack and translate the games of dreamcast.
in this moment I'm tranlating Frame gride(JAP to English), of course, I'm not a expert in japonese, any help is welcome see pictures below:

Frame Gride complete!
Next Game is bethween hundred sword or langrisser millenium

I want to modify the graphic of the game alien front online, i have tried many times to open your binary files, but not sucess, any help is welcome, the link of binary files is below, st_read.bin is the principal binary of the game and the other binary are container of graphic files.

http://www.zshare.net/download/87680505291bfe78/

I'm work on D2 again!! have a problem in the moment of change discs, any help is welcome.