Author Topic: Dreamcast CD-R reading help  (Read 2695 times)

Link2097

• 32-bit
  • MVC2 Rocks!!!
Dreamcast CD-R reading help
« on: August 30, 2007, 01:39:19 AM »
Hi i just got my dreamcast before i have been using nulldc and i burnt a cdi image of power stone 2 US self boot DATA/DATA in alcohol %120 at 8 X speed and when the dreamcast tries to read it ,it sits at the dc logo for a little bit and then goes to the main menu and when i try to go to game in main menu it says no disc and ive played original dc games and music and they have worked so what am i doing wrong please help thanks o and also the utopia boot disc does same thing sits at logo
My Most Played MVC2 Characters(in no order): Cable, Magneto, Ironman, Captain Commando,

darkNiGHTS

• soccerboi
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
  • Is it getting dark in here, or is it just me?
Re: Dreamcast CD-R reading help
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 01:41:04 AM »
What brand of CD-Rs are you using?

Link2097

• 32-bit
  • MVC2 Rocks!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 01:42:45 AM »
memorex 700meg
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 01:52:44 AM by Link2097 »
My Most Played MVC2 Characters(in no order): Cable, Magneto, Ironman, Captain Commando,

Link2097

• 32-bit
  • MVC2 Rocks!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 02:14:16 AM »
ok i got the dc to boot i realized in alcohol the method was set to TAO/DAO something so i changed it to RAW DAO and it at least get past the dc logo but now after it show sega info and stuff it reboots the system cloud it be because it was burnt at 12 X speed if so in alcohol it only lets me do maximum write speed so i need some help thanks

Link2097

• 32-bit
  • MVC2 Rocks!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 02:39:32 AM »
ok i tried disc juggler same thing reboots system :(

Elite Evil

• Well hung poster
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 03:03:41 AM »
Might be that your DC doesn't like the disks from that burner. Try it with another drive.
Freedom headquarters!

Link2097

• 32-bit
  • MVC2 Rocks!!!
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 03:52:42 AM »
ok i just recently got ikaruga or something however you spell it to work it is a DATA/DATA image so mine must not work for some reason something went wrong when i made it DATA/DATA i guess ok im going to try other games now

darkNiGHTS

• soccerboi
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
  • Is it getting dark in here, or is it just me?
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 04:09:06 AM »
Try what elite said, a lot of the time that is the case.

ucaboys

• 8-Bit
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 07:45:01 AM »
What step did U use to make your DATA/DATA disk - there are tons of people trying to do this on their own, it is not complicated once you get the hang of it. And also once you have the right tools for the job. Where did you get the Ikaruga DATA/DATA Image?

The symptom about the game not going beyond the boot/logo screen is due to the IP.BIN not being able to pass control over to the 1ST_BOOT file  ( The worst case is when it passes control and the 1ST_BOOT files is corrupted and reboot your DC or just sends you to the main menu). the IP.BIN file will boot the dreamcast ( set everything up for execution and in some cases lock/scramble the Giga-Drive ) and then pass control to the 1ST_BOOT file.

ucaboys
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 07:35:08 PM by ucaboys »