47847 Posts in 5487 Topics - by 11330 Members - Latest Member: chaosdu55

Author Topic: Im new to S@ga Hub and lovin it! !L0NG post!  (Read 7678 times)

Hallister

• 8-Bit
Im new to S@ga Hub and lovin it! !L0NG post!
« on: December 15, 2009, 08:24:08 PM »
Greets all!Just thought I should intro myself to y'all,ya know,like as formal intro
before I post allot (to late-lol) just so you's can kinda get an idea who I am..
Ok,first of all,Im defenatly old school,.not to old(or so I like to think)he he,but
basically I grew up in the era of the old Atari 2600.
I remember that I wanted one soooo bad,but because we didnt have allot of money
(Atari's were expensive at the time,I think prolly around 150-200 bux canadian...)and the
games themselfs were 20-30 ish a piece and since I have a relativy mid sized family
that didnt have any teck toys,Im not shure if my parents even understood video games.
Anyways,when I was like 11 and christmas was near,I begged my mom to get me an Atari.
It turned out that she thought I would have more fun with a table top hockey game,not electronic,
you had to have two people,to play,you had to "pull" skiny rods and turn then to make the
player flick the puck.Fun,but not what I *really* wanted.
Arcade coin-op's were getting big at the time,and I could get quarters easier so I began to play
Donkey Kong allot at the local Beckers store.
Years later,in my late teens,I bought a nintendo(!) wow,was I ever excited.But I bought *any* game
in my hometown I could get,because I couldent find game review mags so I ended up spending ALLOT
sometimes on games that just sucked.Then,when the Sega Genesis came out,that was the holy grail to me.
Wow,it came w/Alterd Beast!Then I eventually got a sega cd,there was a cool boxing fmv game that I
really enjoyed although the screen was like a tiny square in the centre of the tv.(lol)
Later,I got the 32 x then the Sega Saturn.Panzer Dragoon was and still to this day is like my most favored
game e v e r.The only thing I used to hate w/sega,I felt they pulled support for the machines they put out
way to quickly,and it began to get expensive to keep up.
But,I could go on,but I love the excitement,the feeling of playing retro games,as sometimes the game leaves
a little bit in the imiganation of the player-I mean,gameplay to me,far out weighs glossy real looking graphics.
But I hope yous have enjoyed this post,albeit a wee bit long,it's greaaaatt that I can be part of this retro
community-and in time I hope to contribute allot back!!!  :D

AmberButane

• 16-bit
  • Amber Butane Corps
Re: Im new to S@ga Hub and lovin it! !L0NG post!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 02:38:15 AM »
Cool!  Welcome!

I was born in 81 so I don't remember the Atari era too well....   but when I bought my first one back in 92 for a dollar at a yard sale it sparked a love affair.  My Atari collection is only rivaled by my Sega collection.
During the NES era all the kids in my town had a very complex trading network so I never spent alot of money on crappy games.... or really any, come to think of it (my family wasn't too big into funding tech either).

What really amazes me is how quickly Nintendo drops thier old systems now.  You'd think they'd like Game Cube to of never existed....  ***they dropped it like it's HOT***
What also amazes me is that PS2 is still releasing games!!!

Anyways, this site Rocks!

Sega will Rise Again!
Sega will become self-aware and launch a preimptive attack on Sony and Microsoft....
Then enslave Nintendo!  It'll be cool....
THE SEEDS OF CRIME BEAR BITTER FRUIT, YOU OLD HAG!!!!!!

xXSTR8FSXx

• 128-bit
  • ????????????????? ?????
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 04:46:53 AM »
Welcome to the best Dreamcast site on the web!

Petition for a Dreamcast 2! It might not work but it's worth a shot!
http://www.petitiononline.com/dreamcst/petition-sign.html

Facebook Segahub group! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=211332538537&v=info

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 08:09:14 AM »
welcome! :D

Rep_Plus_^-^

• Uploader
  • 64-bit
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 07:32:56 PM »
Welcome to the best Dreamcast site on the web!
And welcome to the best Saturn site on the web! ;)
Problems with Saturn type of images?
Feel free to ask me about it, or go
here(1st) and here(2nd)

My uploads(1st) and Sega Saturn Download Index(2nd)

Click on her to view...

retro_killa

• 128-bit
  • You must be the change you want 2 see in the world
    • Colorblind Designs
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 10:59:11 AM »
welcome to the site I was made in 1983 !!!

axpert989

• 8-Bit
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 02:01:27 AM »
Welcome Hallister...Im new here as well...As a matter of fact this is my first post...Judging by your description you are probably about the same age as me....I to beg and beg my parents...Finally i ended with then new Atari 5200...Which unfortunately met an early demise....See i bought a game that had a broken piece....Stuck it in Atari heard a crunch and it was done.... :(....Many years passed and much and much begging I secured a NES(few months prior to the Genesis release)...I to remember the complex trading system and became proficient in trading....Thus not long after the Genesis released I sold traded until I got the money and bought a Genesis sort of a back Alley deal... ;).... Of course I was Hmmm maybe 15 or so at that point....Thus my love for Sega started.....I dont really play games much like I use to...Some magical switch came on a few years ago... and for some reason I "somewhat" outgrew it...Man I wish i could back before that period...But of course it will always be a part of me and many many memories....

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 02:27:44 AM »
Trades were the shiznight back in the day.
One time I traded my friend Dan a sega pocket arcade (basically a lame lcd game with a pop open screen) for his genesis. That was a hard one to sell, I had to talk up my pocket arcade for over a month in advance.
A few months later I was able to trade him back the genesis and a few games for his saturn.
I was boss at trading.

axpert989

• 8-Bit
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 06:54:18 AM »
Well as a poor kid we had to come up with some clever ways of getting the games we wanted. Sometimes I wouldnt eat School lunch for a week or two and save my 2 bucks a day to buy a game.... ;) Sometimes we got stuck with games we didnt want it but in the end it was pretty much worth it... ;D