47847 Posts in 5487 Topics - by 11332 Members - Latest Member: Saturny2X

Author Topic: DS games I bought this week  (Read 5679 times)

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
DS games I bought this week
« on: August 08, 2009, 09:55:30 AM »
I just bought a few cool ones.
Final Fantasy IV. Thought I was really going to dig that one, but to get anywhere you have to level grind for a few hours every so often. I almost finished it but don't see myself picking it up again for a while.

Animal Crossing DS. Another game I thought I was going to love, but how much fun is fishing and catching bugs? That damn Tom Nook... It got old after about a day, I didn't expect that, but I know lots of other people love this game for some reason.

Jam Sessions. This one was going for under $10 on ebay so I figured "what the hell". If you like playing guitar and being creative musically it's actually really fun.

Chrono Trigger
I played the heck out of it several times, but it was at least a sure thing. It's awesome just like always.

I also ordered new super mario bros but it hasn't arrived yet. I hear it's good though. Anyone else with some good DS game suggestions?

Elite Evil

• Well hung poster
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
Re: DS games I bought this week
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 04:33:41 PM »
Freedom headquarters!

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 06:24:26 PM »
I thought about the whole flash cart thing, but I like the DS and I don't want to kill it. I've heard of old ladies with flash carts, it seems everyone's doing it.

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 11:23:11 PM »
Jam Sessions is pretty cool :) would be great if it had other instruments besides just a guitar ... there's not much fun in playing with other people that are playing the same instrument, even with different effects.

Animal Crossing was fun when I was like ... 15. But it's still got the same shit idea, that you collect shells and fruit and fish and sell them to Tom Nook, send the money you make to Tom Nook, it just flat out SUCKS, gets old REAL fast.

Well the DS is almost at its end ... not DSi since they're starting to make games JUST for that.

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 02:08:01 AM »
Damn, what DSi exclusive games are coming out? If dragon quest IX is dsi exclusive that will suck balls.

retro_killa

• 128-bit
  • You must be the change you want 2 see in the world
    • Colorblind Designs
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 08:56:45 PM »
I highly recommend Professor Layton And The Curious Village its very fun to play :)

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 01:18:10 AM »
I highly recommend Professor Layton And The Curious Village its very fun to play :)
I heard about that, isn't it a bunch of puzzles or something?

retro_killa

• 128-bit
  • You must be the change you want 2 see in the world
    • Colorblind Designs
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 03:01:27 AM »
I heard about that, isn't it a bunch of puzzles or something?

yup its a puzzle game & it is so much fooking fun

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 11:08:41 PM »
Alright, so new super mario bros is in my opinion the worst mario game of all time. It's worse than those "educational" mario games.
For starters, it's portable yet only lets you save after beating castles or unlocking mushroom houses. The game addresses this in the manual with the sleep mode. Tired of playing but can't save? use the sleep mode! So what if you want to play something else! Fuck you, go buy another nintendo ds so this one is exclusive to nsmb!
Apparently you can "unlock" the feature to save anywhere after beating the game, so I'm trying to do a speed run through the game in order to then play it and actually have any fun.
The game is incredibly easy, yet tried to balance this inadequacy by making things jump out of walls, but the second time through you should remember where they are. This game is a piece of shit.

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 08:52:10 AM »
wow ... heartless! I didn't critique the game THAT much when I played it! Thought it was pretty decent ... lol

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 09:49:57 AM »
Yeah I know a lot of people seem to like it. I had lots more fun with mario 64 ds for some reason.

Elite Evil

• Well hung poster
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 07:43:55 PM »
I liked NSMB, but couldn't get into Mario 64 at all. Don't think I managed to find my way out of that fucking field you start in.

I still find Tomb Raider better than Mario 64...
Freedom headquarters!

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 01:41:32 AM »
I still find Tomb Raider better than Mario 64...
I can definitely agree with that, I had a playstation and didn't play mario 64 for the first time till I had a pc good enough to emulate it. If Tomb Raider came out for the DS without any changes I'd be pretty darn happy.
I still love mario 64 though.