47847 Posts in 5487 Topics - by 11332 Members - Latest Member: Saturny2X

Author Topic: Obama taps Sun's McNealy for open source advice  (Read 16708 times)

willplayer

• 128-bit
Re: Obama taps Sun's McNealy for open source advice
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2009, 07:21:47 AM »
All those drugs kinda fuck you up man ... but there's nothing wrong with doing that stuff as far as the Bible goes. You are free to do whatever you want with your life, but don't abuse it or make it the number one thing in your life. A lot of people do. There are just a lot of better things to do out there than smoke pot all day. It's a plant, it comes from the dirt. Why can't we smoke it? I'm with ya on that one. If they make homosexual marriage legal, then they should make smoking marijuana legal. Only sounds fair to me! :)

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009, 08:21:23 AM »
I've got to disagree with you Will, tobacco also comes from the ground and some people have it on good authority that it causes cancer. So smoking tobacco breaks the 6th commandment. I'm all for the legalization of marijuana, but I'm not sure that Biblically speaking there's nothing wrong with it.

Adam Bomb 669

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2009, 09:21:47 AM »
Im not even a stoner, I just wanted to see where he would stand on that issue.
My grandmother smoked from the age of 14 and lived to 85, died in her sleep, never had cancer once, and its very rare that anyone on that side of the family gets cancer, infact of her 13 kids, one of there kids had cancer and none of hers did.  So Id argue thats more to do with genetics than tobacco, and think of all the shit they add to cigs, thats what causes the cancer if anything.  Id say its more accurate to say that smoking promotes the growth of cancer rather than it causes it.

at any rate, I think all natural drugs should be legal, just treat abuse of them drugs the same as you would alchohol. 

Elite Evil

• Well hung poster
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2009, 07:35:17 PM »
but there's nothing wrong with doing that stuff as far as the Bible goes.

The Bible was based on the society of, in the more recent bits, 2000 years ago where cocaine abuse was probably not too big an issue. Instead the people who wrote the Bible were more concerned with stopping people having sex with their wives and killing them and scaring their children into obeying them.

I never saw Bushes birth certificate so I guess I should demand he personaly show me his huh?  and that will get me as far as you saying he needs to prove to you he is a citizen.

What other nation could produce GW Bush?
Freedom headquarters!

jem

• Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2009, 08:25:48 PM »
You know what?  Even if Obama was born in Hawaii, his biological father was Kenyan, his adopted father was Indonesian, and Obama attended Indonesian Islamic school.

He should be disqualified from natural-born status based solely on that.

The whole reason for the natural-born citizenship requirement was to keep foreign influence out of US politics.  I'd say foreign influence is pretty prevalent in Obama's life.

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2009, 10:19:47 PM »
Jesus made water into wine for a festive wedding ... what an awesome guy he is! Don't you think he drank some of that himself? I think the idea here is, to drink, but don't overdo it! Smoke, but don't overdo it. And don't put your whole life into drinking and smoking or you'll just live a lazy fucked up life until you die. At least eat some veggies while you're at it, fuck if I know ;D

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2009, 04:40:44 AM »
I may be wrong, but I believe in Biblical times wine referred to both grape juice and alcohol, so when the word is used as a reference to alcohol it's followed with the phrase "strong drink".

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2009, 06:56:46 AM »
I dunno, I kinda feel like the wine Jesus made at the wedding wasn't just simply grape juice. ;D

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2009, 07:49:14 AM »
Thanks for calling us all morons ... moron ;D

jem

• Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2009, 08:01:21 AM »
Well I'm not gonna complement you for making a bad decision!

We're all adults now, and it's time we become responsible for our own behavior.

I would quickly complement you for making the right choices!

Adam Bomb 669

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2009, 08:06:02 AM »
You have obviously never drank a beer or a shot in your life. otherwise you would see why people do such things.

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2009, 08:12:24 AM »
BE A WARRIOR and DRINK ONE for me ... moron. :D

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2009, 09:21:31 AM »
Whatever you say man, I think you need to lighten up and relax, but apparently talking about Obama calms you down. Everyone has a preference. ;D

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2009, 10:07:29 AM »
I think it speaks volumes to jems character that he won't drink. You don't have to try everything to know that it just isn't you. I think "everything in moderation" is a good motto, but I also haven't consumed anything alcoholic in a while now. I think what he's saying is that taking any mind-altering substance is just escapism. I think that's pretty accurate.
Whether or not there's anything wrong with that is just based on your perspective.

Adam Bomb 669

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2009, 11:54:03 AM »
I say Excess in moderation is the way to go.
dont eat a little bit of shrooms every day and see colors.  eat the entire bag and see god. just dont do it every day.

darkNiGHTS

• soccerboi
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
  • Is it getting dark in here, or is it just me?
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2009, 08:06:35 PM »
You're talking to the wrong guy.  I'd outlaw alcohol, too.

Drugs and alcohol are huge time-wasters.  I prefer to spend my spare time learning history, politics, guitar, and plenty of other stuff.
So you're all for a smaller government that stays out of people's lives except for a few things that you believe in?  Alcohol itself is not a time waster, it is used as one by many though just like a lot of things!  I'd say video games are worse than Alcohol for being a time waster.  I drink MAYBE once a month and when I do, I don't get drunk and I have a fun time with my friends.  It's fun just sitting around someone's dorm room and having 2-3 to drink.  Everyone still remembers the night and doesn't do anything they will regret the next day.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 08:12:20 PM by darkNiGHTS »

jem

• Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2009, 08:31:10 PM »
And I haven't even mentioned the damaging effect alcohol has on society.  It lowers the people's inhibitions, and they do things they wouldn't normally do.
Approximately four out of ten crimes, however, involve the use of alcohol. Alcohol also plays a role in four out of ten fatal automobile accidents.  As reported in the National Crime Victimization Survey maintained by the Bureau of Justice Statistics, persons who were victimized by an intimate acquaintance such as a former spouse, boyfriend, or girlfriend, reported alcohol was involved 66 percent of the time. Those victimized by a current spouse listed alcohol as a factor in 75 percent of the offenses. In contrast, about 31 percent of violent stranger-to-stranger criminal acts involved alcohol.

Then there's the cascading effect of drunk parents leading to broken homes, leading to poor child rearing, leading to the children growing up to be less than they should be.  Then the kids don't know how to teach their own children, because a good example was never set for them.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 08:33:02 PM by jem »

Adam Bomb 669

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2009, 10:28:49 PM »
if I had to pretend to be a christian, Id drink a whole hell of a lot more than I do now. and heavier content alcohol too.
You want to talk about someone sounding like hitler when I mention simple things like child licenses, you sound way more like hitler when you say everyone should be christian and believe in god.  whats your sollution to those who wont? Kill them? deport them?  your idea about natural sellection eventualy removing them from society is goofy at best.

and heres some more realistic statistics on alcohol.
aproximately 7 out of ten crimes that were supposedly commited while under the influence were most likely situations where someone had half a beer and there wife started hitting them so they deffended themselves by holding her down so the bitch calls the cops and gets him arrested.  Of course they wont list any stat like that cause lets face it, that doesnt make for a great story.  those statistics you listed are as accurate as truth's anti smoking comercials.  Ill let you in on a secret, damn near every thing they say in them ads are lies.  and wether you think its okay for them to lie or not is beside the point, its not okay for them to lie.  If I went on tv and made comercials that say one out of five mollestation charges are filed on Obama, he would have free reign to sue the shit out of me for it.  but its perfectly okay for them to do that about smokers and drinkers.  I would bet it would be more accurate for me to say four out of ten acts of violence are christians who dont like someone cause they arent white enough today, or because they dont follow the same religion as that person like a sheep.

jem

• Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2009, 11:47:24 PM »
you sound way more like hitler when you say everyone should be christian and believe in god.  whats your sollution to those who wont? Kill them? deport them? 

Oh please.  Don't try and make sharing one's faith sound like a crime.

And you're being ridiculous if you think Christians would kill or deport those who won't willingly convert.  And you obviously have no idea what Christianity is.  Christians don't violently force their faith on anyone, because we believe that you can't force anyone to be heartfelt and repent.  It's not a cultural thing or just another religion; Christ is the truth.  I'm not trying to pass on my beliefs so I can die thinking I "earned points for my team".

I think you're thinking of Muslims, who have always spread their religion by the sword - and who only tolerate Judaism and Christianity when Islam controls the government and everyone lives under Shariah law.

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2009, 01:12:45 AM »
I want some popcorn ... who wants popcorn?! :)