47847 Posts in 5487 Topics - by 11331 Members - Latest Member: Cipango

Author Topic: ¿?¿? help me make my mind up... PSP or DS-Lite ¿?¿?  (Read 14175 times)

retro_killa

• 128-bit
  • You must be the change you want 2 see in the world
    • Colorblind Designs
¿?¿? help me make my mind up... PSP or DS-Lite ¿?¿?
« on: August 20, 2007, 07:29:43 AM »
I will be buying a DS-Lite or a PSP on friday 8/24/2007

so this is why i need help...

I am going to be buying a few games that are worth keeping for classic gaming in the near future. But i do how ever plan on buying a Flash-Cart or MODDing the PSP... so this is where the help come in...

please Inlighten me on witch system would be the best for me... my plans are playing games & well watching vidoes on on of those systems ..

when i do modd the system i buy i would like to be able to use wifi & still save game files in real time...

so please help me make my mind up

macck

• 8-Bit
Re: ¿?¿? help me make my mind up... PSP or DS-Lite ¿?¿?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 07:37:56 AM »
Well.....i bought a PSP 3 months ago....and last month i bought the LUMINES game and downgrade my PSP like 3.50 >1.50 after this i upgrade them to CFW3.52-M33-2 and i can play many games....at moment i'm finishing Flashback (Genesis version)....whatever......if you love games at old-school PSP is the winner....
NeoGeo
MegaDrive
Nes
Snes
MasterSystem

All works great trust me !

[]'Macck

SKullinator

• 128-bit
  • Since Hub Mk-2
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 07:56:42 AM »
PSP or DS light, a tough choice I personally would go with the psp for the fact of good homebrew for it.

I've saw whats on offer with the DS game wise an theres only been a few that i've liked, but as for the psp they getting the new sega rally and alot more 3d games. it feels sort of like ps2 and xbox games as opposed to what a handheld game is like playing.

I'd have to say the PSP homebrew scene has exploded, there are alot of really cool apps and emulators for it. you can get good gba/nes/snes/genesis/master system/neo geo and N64 emulation is playable just not 100%, we just need to wait for Daedalus R13.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 07:59:33 AM by SKullinator »
"I am Resisting your aggressions against me in favor that they are illegal" ~ some skilled crack head

retro_killa

• 128-bit
    • Colorblind Designs
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 08:05:30 AM »
is there away to modd a newer psp ? and will there be a newer psp any time soon ? because i would hate to buy this psp or ds & have a newer one with better GFX come out

PSP or DS light, a tough choice I personally would go with the psp for the fact of good homebrew for it.

I've saw whats on offer with the DS game wise an theres only been a few that i've liked, but as for the psp they getting the new sega rally and alot more 3d games. it feels sort of like ps2 and xbox games as opposed to what a handheld game is like playing.

I'd have to say the PSP homebrew scene has exploded, there are alot of really cool apps and emulators for it. you can get good gba/nes/snes/genesis/master system/neo geo and N64 emulation is playable just not 100%, we just need to wait for Daedalus R13.

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 08:17:58 AM »
I did exactly what Maack did. But I've had 2 ds and 3 psp's (this one's my 3rd). And I downgraded it from like 3 something to 1.5, it was totally crazy, and then upgraded to CF 3.40 LE. And it is totally great man, you can play psx games on it as long as you have a high memory stick (2 gb-4gb, if you're lucky a 4gb is like $30?).

I know a few here have Nintendo DS and they enjoy it, modded or not. And I would agree it's a great system! Definitely innovative. But the only games I found entertaining were Animal Crossing and the new Super Mario Bros game.

On psp it is just so easy to download and put whatever games you want on it. Movies are easy too, just convert them and put em on and they're ready! Psp can even play some n64 games through emulation, which is amazing and at pretty good speeds right now! It's all worth looking out for!

I really think someone else with a DS and modding experience should speak out about their experience, give Retro another perspective on it. We have to be fair with Retro! :)

Cockatiel

• 16-bit
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 11:06:38 AM »
I just collect DS's.... um.... i don't really touch them. I'd like to have a PSP for coolness factor.
I am Chocobo, I just changed my name. there.

darkNiGHTS

• soccerboi
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
  • Is it getting dark in here, or is it just me?
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 04:43:13 PM »
Hmm, depends if you want to play old school games or newer games.  On the DS there is enough games to keep you busy forever, and there's a few emulators for it too.  On the PSP there is tons of emulators, but I've heard from a lot of people that if they didn't hack it, they would never use it.

You don't even really need to mod a DS, you just buy an R4DS and a MicroSD card.  On a 2GB memory card you can fit at least 30 games because the data on cartridges is compressed better.

Oh, and also it depends on if you are going to be doing multiplayer.  DS owns for multiplayer gaming :P.

macck

• 8-Bit
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 06:56:03 PM »
Hahaha....yeah PSone games too...i forgot.....man i love play Command Conquer Red Alert (skirmish) and yes PSP play this game realy good.....

[]'Macck

xsonicx

• 128-bit
  • XBL: XsonicX08
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 12:04:39 AM »
PSP!
You can't mod the new psps yet coz there well... new.
And you should definatly buy  psp coz those 4gb mems are going cheap.
You can watch videos ;D(you know what im talking bout fellas) listen 2 music go online and then theres... HOMEBREW!!
You can literal do anythin with homebrew: watch tv, play nintendo 64 the list is endless
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 03:26:33 PM by xsonicx »

Mesh

• Administrator
  • 128-bit
  • TESSSSTIFY
    • Segahub
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 08:02:53 AM »
I like my PSP probably because i havent bought a DS lite yet and since i played on my friends DS lite,  my fat DS's screen suddenly seems unplayable so ive been playing my PSP alot more.  Since i finally figured out how to load the recovery menu from a bad flash and re-flash my bricked PSP,  I put Tekken Ressurection on there and i play it for hours when i work the night shift at Walgreens 8)

retro_killa

• 128-bit
    • Colorblind Designs
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 08:08:59 AM »
yeah i think i will buy a psp ;) i might wait for the psp lite to come out dunno ;) we will have to see

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 08:46:07 AM »
Mesh how did you reflash it and unbrick it? I'm intrigued!

darkNiGHTS

• soccerboi
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 06:25:09 PM »
Yeah, me too!  I'm going to buy a bricked PSP online when I find out so I can play Mario Kart 64 on the go 8).

xsonicx

• 128-bit
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2007, 06:46:19 PM »
But you can only unbrick semibricked psp, fully bricked ones wont turn on

macck

• 8-Bit
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2007, 07:16:53 PM »
Yeah...semibrick is easy....recovery mode.....but a fully bricked psp = DIE

[]'Macck

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 07:28:46 PM »
what's the difference?

darkNiGHTS

• soccerboi
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2007, 10:15:20 PM »
Yeah, how can you tell?  And how do you fully brick a PSP and how do you semi brick a PSP?

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2007, 12:05:46 AM »
I always thought that if you downgraded it incorrectly, it'd turn off, and you'd hit the on switch but it'd just cut back off ... and that'd be bricked, period?

xsonicx

• 128-bit
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2007, 04:28:00 AM »
Well a fully bricked psp deosn't even turn on so its literaly as usefuly a a brick
A Semi-bricked psp though im not sure, maybe it deosnt boot games.
But don't worry, bricked psps make good paper weights.
:) i just pulled a will

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2007, 04:39:55 AM »
LOL