47847 Posts in 5487 Topics - by 11331 Members - Latest Member: Cipango

Author Topic: How do you think one console has affected the other consoles?  (Read 17307 times)

Adam Bomb 669

Re: How do you think one console has affected the other consoles?
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2009, 04:13:03 PM »
That's exactly who Nintendo has become - that one kid that went to visit a cousin in a posh city one summer and came back to school as the coolest kid around.  Now he can't be troubled to play D&D with his old friends, he's too busy listening to Saosin and Atreyu and hooking up with chicks that don't care what gets stuck inside of them, just as long as it moves fast.

Oh, and he's also been flirting with all of our mothers lately.  Son of a bitch.

The 360 is nothing more than a hardcore nerd machine with a wannabe Wii candy-coating.  However, the Netflix support is radbadical, and Live remains the greatest online option to date.  $50 a year for a service that I haven't gotten a dropped game in over a year, I'm sure...yeah, that's worth that much at the very least.

The PS3 is that goofy rich kid who thinks he's the next David Blaine.  "Look at how cool my tricks are: now I'm movies, now I'm a computer, now I'm Second Life..."  I just said, "Look, now I'm bored...when is God Of War coming out again?"  That's the one thing that the entire console war hinges on: software availability.

Check it:

Nintendo has the lock on the whole "interactivity" tip, and has the stupid-assed mass market on lock.  They can take a shit all over that system, spray paint the arid feces bright, shiny gold and millions of people will flock to it and taste it and claim that it's the greatest thing they've ever seen/heard/done/experienced.  That's where they are.

Sony lost almost all of their much-needed software support through making a "future-proof" system...I guess someone didn't tell them that by "future-proofing" the system, you "present-proof" the shit out of it as well.  It's made from the tears of Japanese space leprechauns.  And nobody but Sony has the knowhow to program that shit, nor the devkits made completely out of ground up and reshaped unicorn horns.  Look it up, I swear it's true.  (It's not.)

Microsoft...well, MS just did what they do best.  Rob the shit out of your competitors and improve on their already impressive work.  The 360 Avatars may be gay, but they're making the Mii's look godawful by comparison.  No Blu-Ray?  HD-DVD dead?  No prob - HD movie streaming courtesy of Netflix.  Oh, and the biggest, baddest crime of all: robbing the shit out of Sony's Rolodex of software developers.  No J-RPG games on a Japanese system?  I'd never had guessed it...but here we are.

Tell me I'm not on to something, never mind just plain right.
no sane person listens to atreyu.
Thank god sony is getting raped, there only getting what they deserve.
nintendo fans are starting to remind me of this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0Gzq-QEt0s

Elite Evil

• Well hung poster
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2009, 05:27:56 PM »
That was great, I believed it was real for the first half lol.
Freedom headquarters!

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2009, 07:43:24 PM »
Well a console that claims to do everything is just asking for an ass whoopin by the feds. The problem is how they just jumped into the competition claiming over $600-$800 or something for their consoles. I know inflation is crazy and the economy is bad but WHAT THE FUCK!

Donkeyboy

• SegaHub's prodigal son. I show up with the wind.
  • Administrator
  • 64-bit
  • Everyday Legend
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2009, 09:26:27 PM »
The problem lies in too much "future" technology for the present to handle, whether in a case of price point or programming difficulty, and so all they  have accomplished is shooting themselves in the foot.  That's why the 360 is so cheap - standard DVDs, PC architecture, technology that's a little ahead of its time but not far beyond tomorrow - so yeah, 3 years later you can cop one with no storage solution for $200.  Cheaper than a Wii, which is technologically inferior in every respect and yet sells for $250 still because Nintendo has no reason to drop price when every stupid in the universe will gladly shell out that amount of money just to say they have one.  That alone is a fleeting feeling of excitement, because I have a Wii and have had it since launch - and I haven't turned the motherfucker on in over 6 months.  Granted, the PS3 is a beast of a machine, with the best internet browser I've ever seen on a console, media hub functionality, switchable HDD, ability to run Linux, full Bluetooth compatibility, the list goes on.  But does it have the software to make itself stand out?  No.  And people will swear up and down that the PS3 looks better graphically - which is a flat-out lie perpetuated by people who think that they know better.  The PS3 and 360 look almost IDENTICAL performance-wise, and the only thing I've ever noticed is that the 360 will push 1080p graphics in almost every game that hits that system while the PS3 maxes out at 720p most of the time.  It's a strange thing to see, especially coming from the company who said that the "HD revolution doesn't begin until we say so."

XBL Gamertag: Everyday Legend  -  PSN ID: Everyday_Legend  -  Steam: Everyday Legend
Dtoid: Everyday Legend  -  Raptr: Everyday Legend  -  Twitter: Everyday_Legend

Yep.  There's a theme.

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2009, 09:55:06 PM »
I don't think any of us are HD-ready ... :( lol

Donkeyboy

• SegaHub's prodigal son. I show up with the wind.
  • Administrator
  • 64-bit
  • Everyday Legend
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2009, 07:45:02 AM »
I play in 1080i.  I don't have the scratch for a 1080p set just yet, but it'll happen soon.  Probably after the summer, after I change houses and get new furniture to put in that new house.  Then I shall be uber-ballin'.
XBL Gamertag: Everyday Legend  -  PSN ID: Everyday_Legend  -  Steam: Everyday Legend
Dtoid: Everyday Legend  -  Raptr: Everyday Legend  -  Twitter: Everyday_Legend

Yep.  There's a theme.

Adam Bomb 669

« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2009, 07:58:21 AM »
I haves a 1080 p tv, but its a rear projection tv, fuck all that, ill stick with my 1080 i CRT. it dominates.

Elite Evil

• Well hung poster
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2009, 06:39:29 PM »
CRT ftw. :D
Freedom headquarters!

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2009, 08:14:06 PM »
CRT fucking RULES!