47847 Posts in 5487 Topics - by 11332 Members - Latest Member: Saturny2X

Author Topic: Why Vote For McCain?  (Read 13603 times)

willplayer

• 128-bit
Why Vote For McCain?
« on: October 27, 2008, 08:21:54 PM »
Out of curiosity, if you could vote (or if you can already), why would you vote for McCain?

Only a few more days before the final decisions are cast!

darkNiGHTS

• soccerboi
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
  • Is it getting dark in here, or is it just me?
Re: Why Vote For McCain?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 09:10:09 PM »
I'm wondering the same thing. And how can you defend voting for Sarah Palin as well?

Generalidea

• Forum Cowboy/Gangster
  • 128-bit
  • Would you say... a million?
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 10:23:42 PM »
uhhh

I like chicks >.>

xdanxx

• Donator
  • 64-bit
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 12:40:15 AM »
hes not going to strip us of our 2nd amendment rights? Or atleast not as bad as the anointed one.
"I refuse to leave our children with a debt that they cannot repay, and that means taking responsibility right now, in this administration, for getting our spending under control."  Obama Feb. 23, 2009.
Yearly Budget Deficit Tops $1 Trillion Dollars- A First  Jul. 2009
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090713/ap_on_bi_go_ec_fi/us_economy_deficit

darkNiGHTS

• soccerboi
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 01:56:47 AM »
So you're going to elect someone based on the fact that you'll be able to keep your gun?  How about instead of bashing Obama like you have been you tell us something that McCain is going to do.

mr.giggity

• Global Moderator
  • 128-bit
  • Giggity giggity goo!!
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 02:19:24 AM »
I don't know much about your election down here in Australia, but this I do know - surely whoever wins is an upgrade on Dubya...

Ya Yooooooose!!

Generalidea

• Forum Cowboy/Gangster
  • 128-bit
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 02:40:56 AM »
word.

dcfan1

• 16-bit
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 03:59:51 AM »
I wish here in Australia that we are given the choice to vote or not like the US. It's compulsory and frankly both parties are the same and I couldn't be bothered voting for either.

Yes dubya was bad for you guys, but do you honestly think he makes all the decisions? He is just a hand puppet who is told what to say in the "supposed" intrest of the American people. Who ever succeeds him, will turn out the same.

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 04:00:28 AM »
I've heard things like they're both Pro-Life which is great but ... even George Bush is pro-life and here we find 1 million innocent unborn babies dying a YEAR ... kinda scary.

I'm from South Carolina and someone made a great point that McCain will most likely win our state. If even one point of the majority is McCain, all the 7 or 8 electorates go straight for McCain, so ... at least I have a voice.

mr.giggity

• Global Moderator
  • 128-bit
  • Giggity giggity goo!!
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 04:07:13 AM »
I wish here in Australia that we are given the choice to vote or not like the US. It's compulsory and frankly both parties are the same and I couldn't be bothered voting for either.

Only if you're registered :D

Ya Yooooooose!!

darkNiGHTS

• soccerboi
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 04:58:27 AM »
I've heard things like they're both Pro-Life which is great but ... even George Bush is pro-life and here we find 1 million innocent unborn babies dying a YEAR ... kinda scary.

I'm from South Carolina and someone made a great point that McCain will most likely win our state. If even one point of the majority is McCain, all the 7 or 8 electorates go straight for McCain, so ... at least I have a voice.
I don't get how people can be pro-life and pro-war.  It's so contradictory.  Are you saying that an unborn American child's life is more important than a young adult from another country?

Muler22

• 32-bit
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 06:17:11 AM »
I don't get how people can be pro-life and pro-war.  It's so contradictory.  Are you saying that an unborn American child's life is more important than a young adult from another country?

You cant just take self thought into the picture and not the way that the world actually turns.
I would respond more but it will be pointless because everyone is so set in the path that they have chosen that what someone else points out wont even matter. (But I will anyway :D)

Reasons to vote for McCain:
-Favors Offshore Drilling
-Will appoint judges who interpret the law not make it
-Served 22 Years in Senate
-Supports gun ownership rights
-0% on home sales up to $500,000 per home (couples). McCain does not propose any change in existing home sales income tax.
-Will not raise taxes on Americans and will give big companies tax breaks so that prices actually GO DOWN because THAT IS HOW AMERICA WORKS LIKE IT OR NOT!

Reasons not to vote for Obama:
-Does not want offshore Drilling
-Will appoint judges who make the law not interpret it
-Only 173 Days served in Senate
-Will institute a socialized national health care plan
-Supports abortion throughout the pregnancy
-Would pull troops out of Iraq immediately
-Does not support Gun Ownership
-Proposed programs will mean a huge tax increase
-Voted against making English the official language
-Voted to give Social Security benefits to illegals
-Voted over 40x to raise taxes
-28% on profit from ALL home sales.  (How does this affect you? If you sell your home and make a profit, you will pay 28% of your gain on taxes. If you are heading toward retirement and would like to down-size your home or move into a retirement community, 28% of the money you make from your home will go to taxes. This proposal will adversely affect the elderly who are counting on the income from their homes as part of their retirement income.)
-New government taxes proposed on homes that are more than 2400 square feet.  New gasoline taxes (as if gas weren't high enough already) New taxes on natural resources consumption (heating gas, water, electricity)  New taxes on retirement accounts, and last but not least....New taxes to pay for socialized medicine so we can receive the same level of medical care as other third-world countries!!!

Sorry Mr. Obama, I DO NOT WANT your change!

Now please tell me I am a racist, and that I am an idiot, and that you dont like this country, and how getting oil from the Arab countries is helping America and how that the Muslim Religion does not teach to HATE America.

AS FAR BACK AS YOU WANT TO GO, THE STOCK MARKET FAILURE CAN BE TRACED BACK TO THE DEMOCRATS!

So go ahed. Call me Racist just because Obama happens to be black. (Also Muslim! :P)
Say I dont know how the country is run.
Throw your pointless little opinions at me because you cant form a logical response because you are brainwashed into thinking that his Plan will change everything to how it should be and will work.

SKullinator

• 128-bit
  • Since Hub Mk-2
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 06:38:01 AM »
Although I'm not american and I'm not actually going to vote so my opinion has no effect on the out come of the election unless it changes some ones mind (which I know it wont, we all came into this thread ready to bash the other guy and defend our point)

Anyways my reasons for mcCain are:

1) supports nafta. Although its good to beable to stand on your own feet, no country can survive with out trade. look at the USSR, living there was practically. They didnt import anything, their economy was crap. Anyways if you get rid of nafta that will make canada and mexico get thier good else where. I'm sure our good buddy china will still export goods to you, but what happens when its time for you to export?

2) Socialized health care. Sure its a good thing to have. Canada implemented it well. BUT BUT  BUT, americas economy I dont think is up to it at the moment with the whole financial crisis. If you live in canada you get omega taxed. Tax money is what pays for it, and it shows.  There is a reason why gas is close to 30c more expensive in canada than america and why sales tax is 13%, income tax is also alot higher too.  If america had no dept, then I'd suggest a socialized health care system.

Socialized health care isnt as free as you may think, its only free for those who dont earn or spend. That and McCain kinda has an experience advantage. 
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 08:25:11 AM by SKullinator »
"I am Resisting your aggressions against me in favor that they are illegal" ~ some skilled crack head

HiroProbot

• 32-bit
  • www.retrocast.ch.vu
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2008, 07:33:30 AM »
I suspect many here at Segahub are not old enough to vote and/or are not registered to do so. Perhaps a better question is will you vote? I personally already voted, but then that's between me and our next president Barack Obama. :) Regardless who you vote for people VOTE!

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2008, 07:52:42 AM »
I say don't vote. You'll make my vote count more if you don't. Personally I'm sick to death of republican presidents.

Generalidea

• Forum Cowboy/Gangster
  • 128-bit
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 08:22:17 AM »
I just hate assholes, at the beginning of the race there was a good chance I'd have picked McCain, but ever since he changed his mind on torture tactics and a few other things, he's just seemed like kind of a creep to me, and not any kind of a maverick he may have been in the past. -Also I'd never want to see a 'pollyanna' type in the whitehouse, maybe if she was from Minnesota, but that would be a different story entirely since we Minnesotans are inherently perfect in every way.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 08:25:04 AM by Generalidea »

ultrapyro222

• Donator
  • 32-bit
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2008, 09:04:29 AM »
After going from liking McCain (which he ruined by picking Palin' for me), and then I liked Obama for a little but then I realized he's all talk (brace for shitstorm) plus I don't want a majority democratic congress, and democratic president - it just gives to much power to one party.

I'm voting bob barr' 08!

screw the war, screw pro choice/life, screw all that shit... it doesn't matter if we have no money -Nobody is talking about the real issues anymore! We need to fix the economy first and then figure out that stuff out later! and don't you dare say Obama has a "good" economy plan for the middle class because thats bullcrap lol

/end rant

Mesh

• Administrator
  • 128-bit
  • TESSSSTIFY
    • Segahub
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2008, 09:17:01 AM »
You cant just take self thought into the picture and not the way that the world actually turns.
I would respond more but it will be pointless because everyone is so set in the path that they have chosen that what someone else points out wont even matter. (But I will anyway :D)

Reasons to vote for McCain:
-Favors Offshore Drilling
-Will appoint judges who interpret the law not make it
-Served 22 Years in Senate
-Supports gun ownership rights
-0% on home sales up to $500,000 per home (couples). McCain does not propose any change in existing home sales income tax.
-Will not raise taxes on Americans and will give big companies tax breaks so that prices actually GO DOWN because THAT IS HOW AMERICA WORKS LIKE IT OR NOT!

Reasons not to vote for Obama:
-Does not want offshore Drilling
-Will appoint judges who make the law not interpret it
-Only 173 Days served in Senate
-Will institute a socialized national health care plan
-Supports abortion throughout the pregnancy
-Would pull troops out of Iraq immediately
-Does not support Gun Ownership
-Proposed programs will mean a huge tax increase
-Voted against making English the official language
-Voted to give Social Security benefits to illegals
-Voted over 40x to raise taxes
-28% on profit from ALL home sales.  (How does this affect you? If you sell your home and make a profit, you will pay 28% of your gain on taxes. If you are heading toward retirement and would like to down-size your home or move into a retirement community, 28% of the money you make from your home will go to taxes. This proposal will adversely affect the elderly who are counting on the income from their homes as part of their retirement income.)
-New government taxes proposed on homes that are more than 2400 square feet.  New gasoline taxes (as if gas weren't high enough already) New taxes on natural resources consumption (heating gas, water, electricity)  New taxes on retirement accounts, and last but not least....New taxes to pay for socialized medicine so we can receive the same level of medical care as other third-world countries!!!

Sorry Mr. Obama, I DO NOT WANT your change!

Now please tell me I am a racist, and that I am an idiot, and that you dont like this country, and how getting oil from the Arab countries is helping America and how that the Muslim Religion does not teach to HATE America.

AS FAR BACK AS YOU WANT TO GO, THE STOCK MARKET FAILURE CAN BE TRACED BACK TO THE DEMOCRATS!

So go ahed. Call me Racist just because Obama happens to be black. (Also Muslim! :P)
Say I dont know how the country is run.
Throw your pointless little opinions at me because you cant form a logical response because you are brainwashed into thinking that his Plan will change everything to how it should be and will work.

TY muler.

Muler22

• 32-bit
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2008, 11:45:04 AM »

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2008, 05:50:10 PM »
Glad to get responses on this! I don't mind confrontations with this subject, opinions make the world go round and making people think is nice :)

We're sending 10 billion a month to Iraq when they're already making a 79 billion surplus on their own. THAT's bullshit, what are they gonna do about that ...

The crap in Iraq, why the FUCK are we over there, the Al Queida's not there so fuck off, stop gettin people killed and send them to Afghanistan!

George W Bush hasn't done anything entirely beneficial for us for the past 8 years ... 9/11 is enough for me. "We're gonna find those terrorists" ... I'm still waiting. Peace in Afghanistan was incredibly awesome but ... it's not enough for me.

Gas prices ... what ... the ... fuck. Yeah the prices have gone down a bit, but can we get them back to the way it was? No because even if we drilled more oil, we'd still be 25% dependent on foreign oil or whatever it was. Soooo let's move on to Solar Power or something! The sun is free and will probably always be there til the end of time, oil won't. So let's burn! It's been talked about for the past 30 years that Solar Power should be utilized.

Gay marriages? Abortions? Obama gives you a choice. It's YOUR responsibility, not anyone else's, it's not the "not my brother's keeper" mentality. It's all you. You have sex before marriage? COOL. You have a baby? OKAY. Now you have a choice. You're a teenager, not out of school yet? Well DECIDE what you wanna do with that baby. But just because millions of other teenagers out there are aborting their babies doesn't mean you should too ... adoption should totally be encouraged, and so should safe sex, but apparently that's just not enough. Illegalizing would probably cause an uproar. Same with the same sex bullshit. Well it's only legal in 5 states in the US, so go move to those if you really are THAT ... gay. Be a homo and move to Canada, Denmark, Spain, I don't know, I don't care. Again, it's a choice. Eventually all of the states will recognize gay marriage. Thanks you homo's, now my kid's gone gay too, wtf! I don't understand homosexuals but like everything else, it's a CHOICE.

Initiating a ban of guns? Really? Are you serious ... ? I kind of would like to have protection. What else am I supposed to use ... ? My cell phone? ;D

These are the kind of things I think about. When it comes down to it, it's about moral values, independence, and choice ... and responsibility. The law doesn't have the final say ... YOU do. So use the rights you have and vote!