47847 Posts in 5487 Topics - by 11332 Members - Latest Member: Saturny2X

Author Topic: Segahub Not As Livley As It Used to Be?  (Read 15254 times)

Biggie578

• 16-bit
Segahub Not As Livley As It Used to Be?
« on: October 23, 2008, 09:46:40 AM »
Is it just me, or do the forums seem less active than they were say 2 or even 1 year ago? I know that as each year passes, less and less people probably still play dreamcast, but idk, I just remember posting something, and then when the site would reload there would be two new posts (one always by willgp/willplayer). Perhaps that im checking the site too often but it just seems a little dead to me :-/. I miss all the old posters we used to have like Chocobo, Kevlar, uhh, who else.... idk, but yeah... MESH? WHERE'S MESH? Anyone feel the same?

Generalidea

• Forum Cowboy/Gangster
  • 128-bit
  • Would you say... a million?
Re: Segahub Not As Livley As It Used to Be?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 10:24:09 AM »
I've not been a member for long, but I know this has been my most stressful time of year, and I've noticed the hub kinda slowed down with me, perhapse we've all just got a good amount going on :<

Still love muh dreamcast. Still love the community :) (minus Jon and Adam)

jem

• Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 05:33:08 PM »
Hey Biggie!  I just noticed you're back :D

It does seem less active, especially from the old crew.  But you gotta remember that the old crew is 2 years older than it was 2 years ago.  We grew up a little, and we all have more responsibilities.  I know law school is alot harder than undergrad for me, so I don't have as much free time to post as much as I'd like.

But that's just the nature of life, I guess.

chandler_455

• 128-bit
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 05:40:15 PM »
it does seem more dead than usual

19/246 Dreamcast games and counting

Biggie578

• 16-bit
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 07:14:04 PM »
yeah jem, i like to dissappear and come back about every year lol. Im glad im not the only one to feel this way, i thought i was going loco. Hopefully soccerboi's new GCN site will be poppin like the hub used to.

BTW: Generalidea, nice sig, it works :) , too bad im on a mac. T_T

Elite Evil

• Well hung poster
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 08:42:24 PM »
I am back.

Long story short Psu blew taking mobo with it...
Freedom headquarters!

blurr

• 32-bit
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 09:01:39 PM »
im not really here... none of saw anything...

SKullinator

• 128-bit
  • Since Hub Mk-2
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 09:51:54 PM »
yeah I noticed inb the last few months, the forum has slowly startred to die down a bit. But I'm sure it will be back in full force in no time.
"I am Resisting your aggressions against me in favor that they are illegal" ~ some skilled crack head

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 10:09:52 PM »
Christmas is coming, we're all stocking up our cheeks full of acorns for the winter! ;D

Seriously, I think I've been here for 3-5 years, I seriously lost count. But seriously, all the good ol' buddies that have been here since the start, like seriously Soccerboi, Mesh, Chocobo, Kevlar, Donkeyboy, the list goes on seriously, we were all here to help feed the website and make it grow. But seriously we all grew up a few notches, a good few of us seriously got married and some of us go to college now. Responsibility isn't just a phase. It's an eternal reality. We'll always be held more responsible with each passing year and we're always expected to do more than what we want to. Me? I go to college. But I put so much of my free time into this site. Why? I kinda forgot. I don't even have a Dreamcast :GASPS!: I guess it's because I love having a family. I mean I have one in real life but it's not like I can talk to them about video games, they just let the conversation disappear asap and just respond with "Yeah" or "Uh huh" and that's about it. Dad and I played video games of Golf and Basketball, even Baseball over a decade ago, but now he's downstairs watchin ESPN on HD. Can I blame him? I guess not. Maybe he's grown up. Scary shit man ... seriously.

Mesh has a job and plays video games. I guess he's just busy.
Kevlar's into this phase right now where technology is the lamest thing in history.
Chocobo is a sweet lil girl that probably has a lot of other better things to do than read what us nerdy boys have to say.
DonkeyBoy grew up, got married = too busy. I saw him on Fable 2 last night though so he's not completely gone.

And whoever else you listed, most likely they've changed their ways. I've been stuck to doing this since I was in highschool. It's not just a hobby. It's almost my life.

What I'm saying is ... we're all growing up, I'll probably always be here for ya. There's IRC, a bunch of us love to get on there and talk a lot when Segahub's nice and quiet. But 75% of these topics won't go unreplied by yours truly ;D
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 10:12:50 PM by willwgp »

i_got_you60

• 64-bit
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 11:00:37 PM »
blah blah blah iam the random new guy who hardly posts.i really hope someone remembers me  :'(

jem

• Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 11:19:50 PM »
blah blah blah iam the random new guy who hardly posts.i really hope someone remembers me  :'(

The more you post, the more we'll be able to put a personality with the name.  It'd take less time if you had an avatar  :P

Biggie578

• 16-bit
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 01:27:49 AM »
yeahhh pictures man. get an avatar and a sig. I know jem as the guy who would always have that girl from resident evil in his avatar or a guitar. and i bet everyone knows me as the guy with the asian girl for an avatar.

SolidMetal

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2008, 01:43:32 AM »
:[

mr.giggity

• Global Moderator
  • 128-bit
  • Giggity giggity goo!!
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2008, 03:02:55 AM »
The forums may be a bit quieter but they are mostly inhabited by decent people who wish to converse in a (mostly) civilised and intelligent manner, not like the idiotic riff-raff we used to have infecting the hallowed halls of segahub...

Ya Yooooooose!!

darkNiGHTS

• soccerboi
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
  • Is it getting dark in here, or is it just me?
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2008, 03:23:09 AM »
Online forums always have their ups and downs, they can't keep the same people forever.  As the long time members leave, there's a gap that's left that will eventually be filled.  Donkeyboy left us earlier this year and that took away a lot of the gaming talk we used to do and a lot of the long time members don't have as much time to waste as when they first joined the site (like me). This is the most thought I've put into a post in a while.  I have a lot to think about these days and can't really add as much to discussions as I'd like to.  Also, times of the year have a lot to do with forum activity.  Looking at the stats, this summer was quite a bit more active than right now even though we basically had the same members.

jem

• Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2008, 04:42:20 AM »
yeahhh pictures man. get an avatar and a sig. I know jem as the guy who would always have that girl from resident evil in his avatar or a guitar. and i bet everyone knows me as the guy with the asian girl for an avatar.

There you go, Biggie ;).

And yea, I immediately recognized it was you when I saw your avatar.

SolidMetal

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2008, 06:56:19 AM »
:D

wickidweasel

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2008, 12:17:51 PM »
I always pop in to see how things are when i was moving things got hectic and i had no time to post. I find coming up to xmas a hard time to get online what with chasing the pennies and what not. The forums been an escape for me and had some good ups and downs over the past year. The one thing that has been consistant is Will being a dick but thats just Will and what makes him part of the site Segahugs man :P
and what happend to barnie i miss his persistant grumbling?

NuTTy

• 8-Bit
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2008, 02:57:20 PM »
Well am still here and always will be. Hope you all are all o.k !! :)

blurr

• 32-bit
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2008, 07:06:16 PM »
speaking of avatars.. who is urs of Jem?