47847 Posts in 5487 Topics - by 11330 Members - Latest Member: chaosdu55

Author Topic: Got my Wii today  (Read 1852 times)

gblock

• 64-bit
Got my Wii today
« on: October 18, 2008, 06:24:35 AM »
Got a used one from a local pawn shop....$242 after tax...

negatives: 
- Came with a Nyko Wireless sensor bar instead of a Nintendo brand one ($7.50 for a used Nintendo brand on nintendo.com, no big deal, plus the wireless one works well)
- Didn't come with Wii Sports (eh, I'm sure I can get a copy some where)
-Hinge was broke on the Gamecube port door (no biggie, it's a $1.00 for a replacement, will get it when I get the sensor bar)

Positives:
- Came with an extra Wii-Mote and Nunchuck set (WOOT!!!)
- Open up the SD cover to sync the Wii-mote and I find a 1GB Wii SD card (K, i know there dirt cheap now, but still a nice bonus)
- Finally, I turn on my Wii and hit the eject button thinking Wii Sports is in there...nope, but something much better...a practially flawless copy of Super Smash Brothers: Brawl!!!!!!  (OH HELL YEAH!!!)

So even with the minor flaws, I think I got a pretty good deal for what I paid, at least fer me.... :D

Now to decide if I still try to get rid of my 360 or now *hmmm*

SolidMetal

Re: Got my Wii today
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 06:36:00 AM »
IDIOT.

YOU WILL GET SICK OF THIS, DON'T GET RID OF YOUR 360!!

gblock

• 64-bit
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 06:47:02 AM »
Im seriously considering getting my 360 flashed and saying the hell with Live......

SKullinator

• 128-bit
  • Since Hub Mk-2
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 08:05:39 AM »
I wouldnt get rid of the 360. I'd send it to me with 20$ and I'll soft mod it ;)

now thats a plan

From what I've concluded, aslong as your careful, you wont get caught. Dont play games that arent out yet. ms will beable to tell if it alters your gamer score, dont play games that have just been released that day, but not in your countrie yet (regionless), use stealth frimware/games, dont update your console until you know what the update does.

I'm in the process of flashing mine, and so far thats been the usual how safe is it speil I've got from most people.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 08:10:54 AM by SKullinator »
"I am Resisting your aggressions against me in favor that they are illegal" ~ some skilled crack head

gblock

• 64-bit
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 12:33:14 PM »
Hmmm,  That's a definite possibility....

The only problem is, I would have no clue on how to stealth backups and aren't most 360 backups required to be on DL discs?

There's a place on another forum where I can get backups for $4 each DL, which really isn't bad considering....

Yeah, I'll definitely let you know by Halloween(the next time I get paid) whether I'll do it or not.

BTW, it's $20 or $20 plus return shipping? and would you need the console or the console and power brick(since the older ones have a slightly different end than the new ones)