47847 Posts in 5487 Topics - by 11332 Members - Latest Member: Saturny2X

Author Topic: happy 4-20  (Read 16374 times)

xdanxx

• Donator
  • 64-bit
happy 4-20
« on: April 21, 2008, 05:26:20 AM »
anybody else lit right now?
"I refuse to leave our children with a debt that they cannot repay, and that means taking responsibility right now, in this administration, for getting our spending under control."  Obama Feb. 23, 2009.
Yearly Budget Deficit Tops $1 Trillion Dollars- A First  Jul. 2009
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090713/ap_on_bi_go_ec_fi/us_economy_deficit

willplayer

• 128-bit
Re: happy 4-20
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 05:41:23 AM »
Yeah ... on LIFE :D

Adam Bomb 669

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 06:05:14 AM »
not high but ive just drank a 5th of SOCO and had 4 adam bombs(glass o wired x3000, and a shot of 151, jager, hot damn 101 and rumpleminz

Donkeyboy

• SegaHub's prodigal son. I show up with the wind.
  • Administrator
  • 64-bit
  • Everyday Legend
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 06:17:56 AM »
I wish I could.  Money's a little tight, though.
XBL Gamertag: Everyday Legend  -  PSN ID: Everyday_Legend  -  Steam: Everyday Legend
Dtoid: Everyday Legend  -  Raptr: Everyday Legend  -  Twitter: Everyday_Legend

Yep.  There's a theme.

xdanxx

• Donator
  • 64-bit
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 07:02:22 AM »
yeah everybody that drinks and smokes bud recreationally becomes an alcoholic and a drug addict.  ::)

idiot.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 07:08:23 AM by xdanxx »
"I refuse to leave our children with a debt that they cannot repay, and that means taking responsibility right now, in this administration, for getting our spending under control."  Obama Feb. 23, 2009.

Adam Bomb 669

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 07:07:54 AM »
Im not sure how to respond to this jem as I respect you and know you mean well by your comment.
I dont want to be a dick to you but your comments make that somewhat difficult seeing as I believe if you dont either drink or smoke on at the least a rare ocasion, you are either one of the few people who can go through life without that, or a loser who thinks there better than everyone else for not doing that, meanwhile going through life miserable and emotionaly dead. and 90 percent of you anti drinking-smoking people are just that.

Anyway, depression is made up to sell drugs so Ill never have to live with it, or commit suicide since only a retard would do that.
and being that I work to make the money to afford the alcohol as well as games, Id say that means Im far from a loser, no more so than someone who puts there money into say video games or music or movies or any other vice you can name.
I never saw it as the cool thing to do as a child, infact I didnt like beer or liquor until I was of age. of course Im not exactly young either, 25 going on 26. and as time goes by im becoming a better person, and I think the involvement of alcohol in my life is a part of that bettering of me.  Im glad you are happy and doing good without them, but Im telling you if I didnt have alcohol, id likely be as bad as I was in highschool, I had no patience or tollerance for stupid or slow people and was extremely blunt when it came to that stuff, Id likely lose any job I got within a week if it werent for the beer and liquor.  its not a cheap thrill, its a way to relieve daily stress, much in the same way I use games to do the same thing, only it works quicker and better.  maybe Im the odd man out here though, but I actualy level out and calm down alot quicker if I have a good beer.

BTW when Im 40, I will be the owner of a beer company.  and Ill be glad to live with the choices I make in my life, infact Im working at owning my own brewery by the time im 30.

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 07:08:21 AM »
Jem, I don't think anyone can hear you :P

warmaster670

• 64-bit
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 07:15:13 AM »
yeah everybody that drinks and smokes bud recreationally becomes an alcoholic and a drug addict.  ::)

idiot.
QFT, you shouldnt judge people and act like your better than them becasue you dont like something they do.

its a way to relieve daily stress, much in the same way I use games to do the same thing, only it works quicker and better.  maybe Im the odd man out here though, but I actualy level out and calm down alot quicker if I have a good beer.
QFT again, though i dont drink.
 smoking a joint and playing some co-op games is a great way to kick back.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 07:21:24 AM by warmaster670 »
BANNED!

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 07:19:04 AM »
Sure I drink, sure I smoked weed once when I was 21. But I haven't done anything drug-related since, and I only drink but once a month if that. And I'm not addicted to it. So buzz off.

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 07:33:21 AM »
I don't smoke weed anymore, but I have a high amount of respect for people who do. :D

BigJuiceUC

• 64-bit
  • Unsung Champion
    • Myspace
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 07:37:05 AM »
There ain't nothin' wrong with big dope! 8)
Booty? Whether it be pirate treasure or sluts Big Juice is down!

Donkeyboy

• Administrator
  • 64-bit
  • Everyday Legend
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 07:39:11 AM »
Jem, I respect the hell out of you too.  So please understand how awkward this makes me feel:

Get off of the soapbox, man.  I know you carried the best intentions up there, but you just turned that into sheer judgmental finger-pointing.  It makes you appear to be looking down on others and judging them for their lifestyle choices.  Everyone has to deal with the consequences of their actions in due time, this is true.  But just because someone does something you don't personally approve of does not give you any right to tell them how to live their lives in such a a manner.  Different strokes move the world, man. 

I'm more like Adam than you in this scenario - I too am 25 going on 26, I too enjoy A  beer and maybe A  puff on the peace pipe every now and again.  In no way, shape or form am I addicted to any substance.  In fact, I quit smoking cigarettes January 1st.  I've gone without a regular smoking fix for over 3 1/2 months so far, and that was a 10-year addiction that I beat by the sheer force of will, cold turkey from a pack a day to absolute zero.  I think that my mind is my strongest weapon, I am enrolled in college, married, and am proud to be a pretty damn responsible man.  To generalize me into a "loser" category based solely on the fact that I choose to partake in any substance, legal or otherwise, seems to break one of the cardinal rules I was raised on: Judge not, lest thee be judged.

I'm not upset with you, and I can totally see where your viewpoint comes from.  I'm not going to tell you that you're wrong for feeling the way you feel.  But I want you to know that you are pigeon-holeing quite a few people that I know don't deserve such a label, myself included.  Understanding someone else is allowing them to be true to themselves, allowing them experience the things they want to (and most likely will) experience, and not forcing your viewpoints as the only true path - such is the height of arrogance.  I don't preach that my way is better than anyone else's.  I just know that it works for me, and if it works for me, then it might work for you.  I don't tell people that they're wrong for doing anything, unless they're committing murder or sexual assault...that's pretty fucked up.

In conclusion, it's okay to feel how you want to feel and form your own ideologies from said feelings and experiences - but if you push those same ideologies onto someone else, especially if you lack the experiences that you're denouncing, then you're just as lost as the people that you think you're trying to guide.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 07:41:24 AM by Donkeyboy »
XBL Gamertag: Everyday Legend  -  PSN ID: Everyday_Legend  -  Steam: Everyday Legend

Yep.  There's a theme.

BigJuiceUC

• 64-bit
  • Unsung Champion
    • Myspace
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 07:41:56 AM »
Jem, I respect the hell out of you too.  So please understand how awkward this makes me feel:

Get off of the soapbox, man.  I know you carried the best intentions up there, but you just turned that into sheer judgmental finger-pointing.  It makes you appear to be looking down on others and judging them for their lifestyle choices.  Everyone has to deal with the consequences of their actions in due time, this is true.  But just because someone does something you don't personally approve of does not give you any right to tell them how to live their lives in such a a manner.  Different strokes move the world, man. 

I'm more like Adam than you in this scenario - I too am 25 going on 26, I too enjoy A  beer and maybe A  puff on the peace pipe every now and again.  In no way, shape or form am I addicted to any substance.  In fact, I quit smoking cigarettes January 1st.  I've gone without a regular smoking fix for over 3 1/2 months so far, and that was a 10-year addiction that I beat by the sheer force of will, cold turkey from a pack a day to absolute zero.  I think that my mind is my strongest weapon, I am enrolled in college, married, and am proud to be a pretty damn responsible man.  To generalize me into a "loser" category based solely on the fact that I choose to partake in any substance, legal or otherwise, seems to break one of the cardinal rules I was raised on: Judge not, lest thee be judged.

I'm not upset with you, and I can totally see where your viewpoint comes from.  I'm not going to tell you that you're wrong for feeling the way you feel.  But I want you to know that you are pigeon-holeing quite a few people that I know don't deserve such a label, myself included.  Understanding someone else is allowing them to be true to themselves, allowing them experience the things they want to (and most likely will) experience, and not forcing your viewpoints as the only true path - such is the height of arrogance.  I don't preach that my way is better than anyone else's.  I just know that it works for me, and if it works for me, then it might work for you.  I don't tell people that they're wrong for doing anything, unless they're committing murder or sexual assault...that's pretty fucked up.

In conclusion, it's okay to feel how you want to feel and form your own ideologies from said feelings and experiences - but if you push those same ideologies onto someone else, especially if you lack the experiences that you're denouncing, then you're just as lost as the people that you think you're trying to guide.

word
Booty? Whether it be pirate treasure or sluts Big Juice is down!

xdanxx

• Donator
  • 64-bit
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008, 07:42:26 AM »
There ain't nothin' wrong with big dope! 8)

my favorite things mixed into one, what could be better.

retro_killa

• 128-bit
  • You must be the change you want 2 see in the world
    • Colorblind Designs
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 09:28:27 AM »
on 4-19-2008 I was fun camping out in the snow @ a underground Rave

happy 420 yall no pot/weed/dope for me just magic mushrooms & xtc he he he ;)

mr.giggity

• Global Moderator
  • 128-bit
  • Giggity giggity goo!!
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2008, 10:11:54 AM »
Smokers and drinkers are losers. 

When you see adults who are alcoholics, is your first reaction:  "wow, those guys are so cool.  I wanna be like that when I grow up"  ?

Seems like choosing to smoke and drink at a young age is choosing to have cheap thrills now instead of working hard to make something of yourself.  There's a word for people who settle for cheap thrills instead of hard work and achievement:  losers.

And when your parents aren't around to blame anymore, and you're 40 years old... you'll have to live with the choices you made. 

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just trying to keep you from committing suicide 20 years from now.  Depression is hard to live with.
I think its safe to say that jem in no way was directing this post to any particular peron/persons on this forum, but to the general populace. He's too much of a great bloke to do that.
I can see his point from the general perspective of things. Shit, when I was growing up it was damn near impossible to get a drink or smoke when you where younger than 16. Not only that but you didn't really want to anyway. Nowdays its so easy for kids to hit the bottle or light a scoob whenever they want.
Its just easier these days for kids to go off the rails from a younger and younger age. And whilst i've never been depressed myself, I know people who have and its fucking hard to snap out of, with or without support. I just had a good friend commit suicide on the weekend. He was depressed and he drank. Nobody ever saw it coming. I've had another friend commit suicide who hadn't touched a drop or a puff of the green his whole life.
I guess my point is that drinking and/or smoking MAY contribute to depression, but not necessarily in every case. To generalise all smokers and/or drinkers into this category would be a gross miscalculation and show no bearing on depression or how it works in society at all.

Best guess is jem that you've been directly ( or indirectly ) effected by depression due to drug or alcohol related problems, so I can understand your opinion. And I know for a fact you were not judging anybody here whatsoever. The good news is though, nobody thinks less of your for your opinion. Heck, they probably respect you more for having the balls to share it. Giggity out.

Ya Yooooooose!!

retro_killa

• 128-bit
  • You must be the change you want 2 see in the world
    • Colorblind Designs
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2008, 10:27:23 AM »

DarthBong

• 8-Bit
  • Muad'Dib
    • Chet and Aram at the Millwork Desk
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2008, 02:07:45 PM »
On the one hand, I can certainly see where jem's point of view comes from. Responsibility involves sacrificing a lot of the 'fun' stuff in order to provide for those who depend on you, be it a parent depending on you to make your own way in the world, a spouse depending on you to be their rock, or a child depending on you to be their role model. This not only applies to drugs and alcohol, but most things in general. Working at Home Depot, my wife saw a couple in their 30's come in with 2 toddler-ages children one day. They were covered head to toe in tattoos. Suddenly she saw why her dad always told her to wait and think "Do I want to have done this when I'm 30? 40? 50?" They just looked so awkward with their two kids. And who knows if they wanted their kids to go out at 14 and get covered in tattoos because "mom and dad did it."

On the other hand, I want very much to say that this is a very narrow minded point of view. Not everyone gets into drugs and alcohol at a young age for 'cheap thrills.' When I was 16 my mom died after a couple of years of fighting breast cancer. After she died, we moved to a new state, and my dad was suddenly never home, even on weekends a lot of the time. He always provided financial backing for groceries, etc... but this left me alone to take care of my brother and sister as well as handle school and eventually a job. I have to tell you that this is a lot of stress for a 16, 17, 18 year old to handle by themselves, no matter how 'mature' they seem.

My relaxing time was always smoking a bowl of reef after I got home from my classes and before they got home from school while I did chores. It helped me relax, de-stress myself, while I got things done around the house. It helped me figure things out for myself, and above all it helped me to be the rock my brother and sister needed at the time. Years later, I still like to kick back and have a bowl every so often. I fly around the country for my job quite often, and I have to tell you, after 3 days in L.A. dealing with an adversarial server data collection job it's nice to come home and be able to relax on such a level.

Before anyone volunteers "What if your brother or sister started doing it?" I'll volunteer my reply: They didn't ever find out I did it, as there was no need for them to know, and if they started it, I'd kick their ass and have a long talk about why they started it. My answer is a definite mix of my feelings that you should enjoy it to the point it helps you, but not to the point that you abandon responsibility in any area of life.

As with everything in life, these substances - alcohol and weed - must be done wisely and in moderation. If you do too much of anything it'll lead to heartbreak. You just have to not be a dumbass about it.

blurr

• 32-bit
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2008, 05:11:27 PM »
I think the point that Jem is trying to make is that when you have matured to the point of having a family, real job, mortgage, and other responsibilities...  you will look back and wonder why you ever wasted so much time, money and killed so many brain cells on stuff like that.  Is it really worth it??  In my opinion, no...  Should we classify everyone who does as a loser??  I dont think so, maybe 'misguided' is a better adjective. 

It is usually just a quick fix... a way to relax or 'get away'. It will never be a long term fix (or should not be)

When you have a family of your own, you think back about how stupid you where back in your younger days... and you pray that your family never meets one of those 'younger stupid' kids jacked up on reefer or drunk off their rocker on the road...

Donkeyboy

• Administrator
  • 64-bit
  • Everyday Legend
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2008, 07:23:25 PM »
Now that's wisdom.  Well put.

Yep.  There's a theme.