47847 Posts in 5487 Topics - by 11330 Members - Latest Member: chaosdu55

Author Topic: Gekido Urban Fighters PSX  (Read 9125 times)

Generalidea

• Forum Cowboy/Gangster
  • 128-bit
  • Would you say... a million?
Gekido Urban Fighters PSX
« on: April 03, 2008, 10:33:36 PM »
Page by retro_killa

Developers: Naps Team
Publishers: Interplay
Release date: May 18, 2000
Sony ID: SLUS-00970
Genre: 3D Beat 'em up
Number of players: 1-4 players

32 MB ( it may be ripped, I don't know )     
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AQYDDKYT

GAME INTRO
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbSLXR2vgNM[/youtube]

GAME PLAY
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAH6IdCsBvE[/youtube]

Story:

A young girl named Angela has been kidnapped. Rumor has it that Kintaro has made a deal with the devil Akujin. Angela's parents hire Travis, a private detective, to rescue Angela. Knowing that the mission to rescue Angela will not be easy, he is aided by three sidekicks, Michelle the military commando, Ushi the martial artist, and Tetsuo the big muscle of the group.

About the game:

This game is an underrated fast-paced 3D beat 'em up sleeper hit. (It's what Fighting Force should've been in the first place IMHO). You can link your combos (which you learn as you progress) and sweep all the enemies with super moves. You can also make use of some items which are just lying around, such as boxes, barrels, pipes and even cars. Beating the game several times unlockes more characters and game modes. One of the extra modes already available at the start is the Arena Battle where up to 4 players can duke it out (CPU and human).

The game soundtrack features music of Fatboy Slim and Apartment 26. The artwork was done by Marvel comic book artist Joe Mad.
Trivia:  The PAL release has the subtitle Urban Fighters (Naps Team developed it, this is a UK-made game). The North American release is simply called Gekido. Maybe the censors in the US thought "Urban Fighter" implies too much violence making people go out in the streets beating each other up since it's a "beat'em up" after all?   Grin Lazily enough, the "urban fighter" is still present in the game title screen. They only removed it from the box cover and official title release.

retro_killa

• 128-bit
  • You must be the change you want 2 see in the world
    • Colorblind Designs
Re: Gekido Urban Fighters PSX
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 11:30:35 PM »
very nice thank you for filling my request i just made a eboot to play this on my PSP & oh my gosh this is fun fun fin... A++ work thank you

darkNiGHTS

• soccerboi
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
  • Is it getting dark in here, or is it just me?
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 11:40:35 PM »
Nice, thanks for the up.  I'll have to give this a try.

miketrix042

• Uploader
  • 128-bit
  • fat can dodge
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 07:15:01 PM »
thanks for the game