Author Topic: Dreamcast Burning Problem  (Read 2094 times)

Maximus

• 8-Bit
Dreamcast Burning Problem
« on: February 26, 2008, 12:27:19 AM »
Hello.

I followed the tutorial that was on this site and downloaded a game called ''Resident evil 3" for the DC. I'm trying to burn it at this very moment but it will not allow me to. For some reason, it says my cd does not have enough space and the game file is 798 mb big.

Do you think I should overburn it or something? I heard it will not perform well if you do, is that true?

Maximus.
''This life is temporary but the next is forever.''

darkNiGHTS

• soccerboi
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
  • Is it getting dark in here, or is it just me?
Re: Dreamcast Burning Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 01:15:36 AM »
Is this the resident evil 3 from this site?

Maximus

• 8-Bit
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 01:44:48 AM »
No, I downloaded it from MiniNova using a torrent.

Did i do something wrong?

darkNiGHTS

• soccerboi
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 01:49:05 AM »
The on this site will fit on a normal CD, it'd be easier to just download that!

http://segahub.org/smf/index.php?topic=1605.0
or if you want to download that same one of bittorrent (a working copy)
http://segahub.org/smf/index.php?topic=690.0

Maximus

• 8-Bit
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 06:21:32 AM »
What I did was that I downloaded the torrent of Resident Evil 3 from MiniNova, then downloaded the game using Azereus. Afterwards, when completed, I opened the files and extracted all the files into a folder i created, then i opened the .001 file using winrar, which made one huge iso file. Afterwards, I used the program to make it selfboot, then i used some other program to convert it to CDI image format. I saw a thread that said that "How to make every game run on any dreamcast" or somewhere along that lines and i followed it from there. After i did everything, i got one huge CDI to burn, but when i tried to burn it, it didn't work due to the large size. is it because i downloaded the wrong torrent or did i do something  wrong during the process?

Maximus.

mr.giggity

• Global Moderator
  • 128-bit
  • Giggity giggity goo!!
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 07:55:56 AM »
When you say huge, how huge?

Ya Yooooooose!!

darkNiGHTS

• soccerboi
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 03:35:32 AM »
What I did was that I downloaded the torrent of Resident Evil 3 from MiniNova, then downloaded the game using Azereus. Afterwards, when completed, I opened the files and extracted all the files into a folder i created, then i opened the .001 file using winrar, which made one huge iso file. Afterwards, I used the program to make it selfboot, then i used some other program to convert it to CDI image format. I saw a thread that said that "How to make every game run on any dreamcast" or somewhere along that lines and i followed it from there. After i did everything, i got one huge CDI to burn, but when i tried to burn it, it didn't work due to the large size. is it because i downloaded the wrong torrent or did i do something  wrong during the process?

Maximus.
The Resident Evil 3 uploaded on this site is already selfboot.  The tools made to convert games to selfboot add a few minutes of data onto images and some of the time make them too large to burn.

Maximus

• 8-Bit
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 12:24:17 AM »
It's done, it works.

Thank you very much!  :D

Maximus.