47847 Posts in 5487 Topics - by 11332 Members - Latest Member: Saturny2X

Author Topic: Who is the most played on your zune/ ipod/ cd player/ mp3 player?  (Read 18904 times)

willplayer

• 128-bit
Re: Who is the most played on your zune/ ipod/ cd player/ mp3 player?
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2008, 07:43:47 AM »
ben folds is ok in my book

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2008, 07:53:08 AM »
Lately its been tool. I've been listening to their album aenima for days straight.

Elite Evil

• Well hung poster
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2008, 03:40:52 PM »
also, whats with all the ellipses?

He is announcing it in a WWE-style manner.
Freedom headquarters!

bernie

• 128-bit
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2008, 01:09:16 AM »
Oh, I know.  It's like Helmet or Bad Religion - a lot of folks only know stuff that was on the radio.  And the back catalog of music is far superior to what's most widely known.

when did bad religion have commercially successful albums??  i don't know much about helmet other than the fact that i always assumed that they sucked based on the people that i know that like them.

SolidMetal

« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2008, 12:58:03 AM »
Gah I don't even know who is the most played on my zune.
Probably:
A dream too Late
Ivoryline

One of those two bands^

Donkeyboy

• SegaHub's prodigal son. I show up with the wind.
  • Administrator
  • 64-bit
  • Everyday Legend
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2008, 10:47:12 AM »
when did bad religion have commercially successful albums??  i don't know much about helmet other than the fact that i always assumed that they sucked based on the people that i know that like them.

Commercial success isn't selling out arenas, it's proportional to the general sub-genre audience's (as a whole) reaction to their body of work as a band.  There's a lot of folks who know who Bad Religion is just off of the song "Infected" alone, and that's all I was referencing. 

On a sidebar, I don't know if it's the way you form your thoughts or the words you choose, but you do come off like a standoff-ish kind of person.  I can't help but read an air of snotty, arrogant rebuttal into everything you post, and to be fair, that may just be me reading an emotion into it that may not exist.  But I just thought I'd let you know regardless.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 10:49:54 AM by Donkeyboy »
XBL Gamertag: Everyday Legend  -  PSN ID: Everyday_Legend  -  Steam: Everyday Legend
Dtoid: Everyday Legend  -  Raptr: Everyday Legend  -  Twitter: Everyday_Legend

Yep.  There's a theme.

bernie

• 128-bit
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2008, 06:54:23 AM »
Commercial success isn't selling out arenas, it's proportional to the general sub-genre audience's (as a whole) reaction to their body of work as a band.  There's a lot of folks who know who Bad Religion is just off of the song "Infected" alone, and that's all I was referencing. 

On a sidebar, I don't know if it's the way you form your thoughts or the words you choose, but you do come off like a standoff-ish kind of person.  I can't help but read an air of snotty, arrogant rebuttal into everything you post, and to be fair, that may just be me reading an emotion into it that may not exist.  But I just thought I'd let you know regardless.

i can see that (regarding you reading into an emotion that may or may not exist).  whatev.

and yeah, lots of really prolific bands have a song or two get popular and most people will assume they're a one and done band.  bad religion doesn't really strike me as that sort of a band.  i'm not sure why.  maybe because i didn't realize that during their brief major label stint they had any hits and knowing a good deal about that hardcore punk for the hardcore punks it can be hard to wrap my head around the idea that most of the music listening public wouldn't at least get the idea that bad religion has been around for a long time and people that like that sort of thing tend to admire them.

while on that subject (sort of) it makes me sad and sick that against me! is all of a sudden this fucking music industry darling after shitting out their latest album.  it would have been amazing to have seen them gain more than underground notoriety when they were putting out music that really meant something.

Donkeyboy

• SegaHub's prodigal son. I show up with the wind.
  • Administrator
  • 64-bit
  • Everyday Legend
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2008, 02:07:22 AM »
...and yet, music that really means something is rarely commercially viable.  It's a shame that you have to craft easily-digestible bullshit in order for the radio to play your music, as that's really the only way to get commercially successful.  You can do it without the major labels, radio and MTV (all in cahoots) - but it's not easy, in fact, I'd say it's nearly impossible.
XBL Gamertag: Everyday Legend  -  PSN ID: Everyday_Legend  -  Steam: Everyday Legend
Dtoid: Everyday Legend  -  Raptr: Everyday Legend  -  Twitter: Everyday_Legend

Yep.  There's a theme.