47847 Posts in 5487 Topics - by 11330 Members - Latest Member: chaosdu55

Author Topic: The Last Game You Played - Review Thread  (Read 15417 times)

spshortman

• Bruh
  • 64-bit
Re: The Last Game You Played - Review Thread
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2017, 08:03:33 AM »
you bought ps4 vr dude? are you a fucking millionaire? shit is not cheap! btw if your rich as fuck sell your vanilla ps4 and go for the pro, the vr headset games look better hooked up to the pro!1111

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2017, 08:07:22 AM »
Hardly, I'm pretty poor man, I just had some fun with some of my tax money. :D
I really like the size of my slim, it fits well on my shelf and I haven't noticed any issues with frame rates or anything so far. Maybe in the future.

spshortman

• Bruh
  • 64-bit
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2017, 08:19:09 AM »
slim is nice too. ps4 gets a firmware update tomorrow and the pro is getting even better. boost mode for old games with no pro support. all games will have better framerates and even some improved load times! you gonna check out horizon call me sir or not your type of game? i got zelda so i dont need anymore games for a while

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2017, 02:15:49 AM »
Yeah my brother is playing horizon, I'll probably check it out this weekend. I have mass effect pre ordered though so I probably won't get any other new games till after that.

spshortman

• Bruh
  • 64-bit
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2017, 02:58:37 AM »
sounds like you dig the ps4 callmesir, thats kewl

Cockatiel

• 16-bit
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2017, 09:48:53 AM »
I'm playing overwatch on PC right now. its a huge departure of what I used to play on (consoles). its a great game, but I wish people would push the payload.
I am Chocobo, I just changed my name. there.

spshortman

• Bruh
  • 64-bit
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2017, 10:22:29 AM »
i haven't played any overwatch, is it just a team fortress clone like it appears to be? i have seen some of this overwatch fan art online though.............

spshortman

• Bruh
  • 64-bit
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2017, 06:16:25 AM »
Sonic Mania 9/10. this game is basically perfect for what it is, a love letter to classic sonic games. the only reason i wont give it a 10 is because i wish it was 100% new. i just finished it first run and now i need to collect all the chaos emeralds. first play through it feels like i still have a lot to see. there's well over 20 levels in the game so it has good value imo. extremely recommended. probably best sonic game since genesis.

PLEASE MAKE THE NEXT ONE 100% NEW AND CALL IT SONIC 5 SEGA!!1111

EKXODUS

• 32-bit
  • 30 hits and the room melts
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2017, 12:29:56 PM »
Hellblade: Senuas Sacrifice

awesome combat, awesome puzzles. great story and the implementation of lore was VERY well done.

team ninja did a good job on this.

Ofnir_leader

• 64-bit
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2017, 08:40:24 PM »
SW Battlefront,
had a great time last night, havent played in a while, took me some time to re-learn how to kick noob ass. :)
@Dreamcast Witch@

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2017, 02:30:04 AM »
SW Battlefront
As much as I tried to like that game I still only play the speeder bike level.

Ofnir_leader

• 64-bit
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2017, 11:57:31 PM »
As much as I tried to like that game I still only play the speeder bike level.
Really? lol, i can play this until 6am, Walker Assault mode is so addictive to me.
@Dreamcast Witch@

Kleison

• 8-Bit
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2017, 09:42:19 PM »
Last game I played was The Evil Within 2. I expected more out of that game but it's still pretty decent. I give it like 6.5/10.
Everyone should check out this ExpressVPN review asap.

spshortman

• Bruh
  • 64-bit
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2017, 08:18:02 AM »
Zelda Breath of the Wild- 9/10. i finally beat this game last night. i played this game for tons of hours and still have plenty of side quests to do. it will probably take me another 30 hours or more to really finish this game. i dont really have to say much about this game because everyone else has talked about it in great length. i feel this is a great nintendo game and a worthy game of the amazing zelda franchise but i wouldn't go so far as to call it one of the greatest games ever. i was there in the 90s when Oot dropped and nothing will ever come close to that for me. yes i fucking love sega, but i probably consider ocarina of time to be the greatest videogame ever.

i have only a few complaints about BOTW. i dont like how all your weapons break, i spent plenty of time super early on with no weapon because my play style isnt to be conservative, its to fuck shit up! in the next game please dont make the weapons breakable, just make me upgrade because a weapons stats become insufficient! also this game had to be different for the survival of the series, but i think its a little too different. no proper dungeons and lack of classic items like the hookshot make me sad bruh! give me this game with real huge dungeons and then you got your masterpiece! lastly in 2017 the performance of the wii u port is basically unacceptable! the frame rate is fucking awful on the wii u port! for a game running in 720p with little effects its sad the wii u cant run it better! this game has incredible art but that doesn't really matter when you enter a town and the framerate in like 12 frames a second!

either way its still a fucking awesome game and highly recommended, just play it on the switch not the poverty wii u!

https://www.youtube.com/v/Tps4EqjLyiQ&t

Ofnir_leader

• 64-bit
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2017, 12:34:26 AM »
Horizon Zero Dawn -  8.5/10
The game  took me by surprise!, honestly i didnt have high expectations even knowing its a Guerrilla game, and truly its really great!.
Exploration is so much fun; combat, hunting, and stealth approach are awesome. I just love the fact that your primary weapons are Bows and arrows, feels like a combination of The Last of Us with MGS The Phantom Pain, in a good way! Story is catching, there are lots of items and stuff to find and collect.  There are some interesting audios and these Holo - images of the past. Havent  play anything in years with Mini-Bosses feel, so thats a plus for me and the RPG elements are nicely implemented.
Controls works really well, fluid animations, some nice characters designs; Aloy became a must love figure each time i played. But the mechanical animals really steal the show!.
Graphics are great, very sharp, good textures, high contrast, there are some fantastic views in the open world, lighting is well done, and the changing wheater its a refreshing for the eyes. 
Audio in general is good, above average, dialogue could be better in my opinion, ambient music is nice, there are a couple of great tunes.
Horizon its an excellent game, you will have a good time going through this journey!
@Dreamcast Witch@

spshortman

• Bruh
  • 64-bit
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2017, 05:57:16 AM »
nice review Ofnir_leader !!111

Ofnir_leader

• 64-bit
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2017, 02:03:20 AM »
nice review Ofnir_leader !!111
Thank you!, i just want to apologize if i were grammatically incorrect in some parts, English isnt my first language :D
I will post a next review soon!
@Dreamcast Witch@

Ofnir_leader

• 64-bit
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2017, 02:02:38 AM »
BloodRayne Betrayal - 7.9/10
So its december 2017,
I finally got some free time from work so i have decided to wake up my dormant PS3 and finish some of the 50+ games i have stored.
I remember buy BloodRayne some day 3 years ago, i remember i did try it once but never came back, until now.

Alert!, Important!, this is a hard-core/old school/almost Castlevania on its heart, that means you will die, a lot; shout, curse, cry, one hit, one fall dead. So repeat again and again until you conquest the game. I love it!
Gameplay and controls, game plays nice, Rayne moves acrobatic, jumps, slash, shoot and dashes with good response. Story could be said its generic, but some events save the game from it, look for Chapter 12, i would love WayForward could have developed a little more the events and the characters in terms of dialogue and the script.
The game plays mostly linear, of course theres some exploration, there are bunch of treasures, hidden stuff to collect, even off the screen. At midgame theres some very interesting puzzle implementation that force you think out of the box; an alternate weapon and a new ability are part of the adventure too. Theres some enemies with tricky hitmarks, and even some "can not escape scenarios", but i accepted them, and then we have level big bosses, that brings me memories from Castlevania and even Megaman X series, this whole experience brings me back to the late 80´s so i embrace it.
Graphics and Audio, BloodRayne Betrayal shines with beautiful animated graphics, Rayne and the enemies animations are nice to the eye, they are crisp and colorful and you will aprecciate them in combat when the camera Zooms in. The backgrounds, though a little repetitive, are nicely drawn too.
Most of the levels have a kind of rock tunes, though you are welcome to the game with a dramatic Orchesta level music. Here Chapter 12 also shines on its own with a beautiful moody tune that gets into your head for a while.

Im very pleased to have came back to BloodRayne Betrayal, it was a nice experience that made remember those NES era challenges. If you are an old school gamer like me, i invite you to try it, you will enjoy it!.

@Dreamcast Witch@

spshortman

• Bruh
  • 64-bit
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2017, 11:42:01 PM »
i love bloodraynes breasts ofnir_leader!

Ofnir_leader

• 64-bit
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2017, 08:05:58 PM »
i love bloodraynes breasts ofnir_leader!
LOL me too!, Her curves are just perfect! :D
@Dreamcast Witch@