47847 Posts in 5487 Topics - by 11331 Members - Latest Member: Saturny2X

Author Topic: Dreamcast - Best console ever  (Read 14960 times)

hmhamster

• 8-Bit
Dreamcast - Best console ever
« on: February 17, 2009, 02:55:21 AM »
Got to say this. The Dreamcast has to be the best console EVER!!! This is the machine that brought us such classics as Shenmue, Jet Set Radio, Toy Commander & Head Hunter. Not forgetting Res Evil-Code Veronica to name but a few!!! It was also the first console to offer online gaming & also let you play against PC gamers. If only SEGA had paid more attention in their advertising, we might have seen more new games on the shelves for this wonderful machine. I've had my Dreamcast for quite some time now, & thanks to great sites like Segahub, I'm able to get the games I always wanted, but never could. So a big THANKYOU to you guys, & once i get paypal sorted, I will donate..I promise.  Quite simply.......SEGA Rule!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Life is like a video game..you keep coming back until you get it right!!!

willplayer

• 128-bit
Re: Dreamcast - Best console ever
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 06:04:04 AM »
Sonic Adventure .... how could you leave that one out?! :( lol ...

hmhamster

• 8-Bit
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 06:23:55 PM »
oops...knew i forgot probably one of the best platformers ever released. sorry  :D :D

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 06:44:08 PM »
I wish there were new games out, I think I've pretty much played everything. But yeah, dreamcast is the bomb. :D

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 08:22:25 PM »
I thought GTA 2 was pretty sweet on DC also. I know it's on other consoles but it just felt RIGHT to play it on a DC :)

hmhamster

• 8-Bit
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 03:39:11 AM »
I've managed to get so many games for my Dreamcast thanks to Segahub, games I've never heard of like Propeller Arena & Moto Pro Yakyu, which are just brilliant. But what i love so much about the DC is all the mods available. I just got my hands on counter strike, which is sweet  ;) plus all the old megadrive & master system games i used to play years ago. I still play Jet Set Radio, Sonic & Code Veronica which has to be my second fave res evil game. But it would be great if there were new games available for this wonderful machine.  ;D ;D

i_got_you60

• 64-bit
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 12:20:14 AM »
if only my connection didnt suck i would download and play those games.sadly i still need to download shenmue and code veronica.god i hate my isp

freshchurros

• 8-Bit
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 10:38:47 PM »
Yeah, I'll have to agree with you on this one.

Sonic Adventure and Phantasy Star Online are also pretty sweet.

hmhamster

• 8-Bit
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 04:14:09 AM »
phantasy star is a great game, it's just a pity that i'm not able to play it online  :'(. oh well, at least it has a pretty decent single player mode.  skies of arcadia isn't too bad either

Grose

• 8-Bit
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 08:16:03 AM »
Just comment to agree every word said with passion about Dreamcast , this console are amazing , i'm ever writing and saying to reach how many ears and brains that i can to discover it , not in english obviously  :-[ , and well ... i don't remember any bad game for he , i think that the worst was "mtv skateboard" and same this i try , keep playing over and over again  ;D , is easy sometimes ...

My favorite game is a "cliche" untill but i get impressed since the first moment , the game is Shenmue , now i'm knowing more japanese game , since the great projects never released it here before and the little beauty projects , thanks SegaHub !

My english isn't too good but i'll learning with the time ...

hmhamster

• 8-Bit
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 02:36:57 PM »
i still remember the very first tme i played shenmue, looooong time ago now. fell in love with it almost straight away. alas, i lost my original copy (actually, i think someone nicked it... :-X :-X). i'm just grateful that we all have SEGAHUB!!!  ;D ;D so that we're all able to get these fantastic games for the best console in the world!! We salute you. I mean that from the bottom of my pond..oops..i mean heart. yes, that's it.  ;D

grimangel

• 8-Bit
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 09:37:41 AM »
I cant believe you forgot to mention the great fighting games with minimal loading time+ this:

The most awesome arcade controller ever made for a console!

nunex_16

• 16-bit
  • Dreamcast Rules!!!
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 11:19:38 PM »
dead or alive 2 its pretty sweet to

dreamcast needs a fifa or something
 :P :P :P

Tieden

• 32-bit
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2009, 07:57:00 AM »
I can never play sonic adventure :/
It sucks cause I know I'm missing out but I always get lost, then I get busy for a week forget what was happening and get even more lost and never finish. I've started new games like 50 times cause of this.
But yeah i have to say I play my dc more then anything else.
--
Check out the online comic I'm making http://darkstaralliance.co.cc

That is not dead which
can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons
even death may die.
-- Abdul Alhazred:

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2009, 10:43:35 AM »
I can never play sonic adventure :/
It sucks cause I know I'm missing out but I always get lost, then I get busy for a week forget what was happening and get even more lost and never finish.
Your really not missing out on anything that great, it's not like sonic adventure has some over the top or even remotely cool/ sensible story line anyway.

Elite Evil

• Well hung poster
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2009, 05:30:58 PM »
The charachter development wasn't great either. :P
Freedom headquarters!

SKullinator

• 128-bit
  • Since Hub Mk-2
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2009, 01:07:16 PM »
idk. I think sonic adventure 1&2 are way better than almost all of the platformers on any current gen systems.
"I am Resisting your aggressions against me in favor that they are illegal" ~ some skilled crack head

Rep_Plus_^-^

• Uploader
  • 64-bit
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2009, 01:05:49 AM »
Got to say this. The Dreamcast has to be the best console EVER!!! This is the machine that brought us such classics as Shenmue, Jet Set Radio, Toy Commander & Head Hunter. Not forgetting Res Evil-Code Veronica to name but a few!!! It was also the first console to offer online gaming & also let you play against PC gamers. If only SEGA had paid more attention in their advertising, we might have seen more new games on the shelves for this wonderful machine. I've had my Dreamcast for quite some time now, & thanks to great sites like Segahub, I'm able to get the games I always wanted, but never could. So a big THANKYOU to you guys, & once i get paypal sorted, I will donate..I promise.  Quite simply.......SEGA Rule!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sega will be ruling forever and even longer :).
Every fanboy of Sony will be destoryed on Our forum, yes ;D??

I have some games on dc, but not played for a long time in them... becasue of my still 100% working Saturn 8)!!

Hmmm, i good remember, that SFIII 3rd Strike was the best 2d fighting game, which i ever played, and i have very nice memories about Record of Lodoss War (something similar to Diablo, but far more advanced), Grandia 2 (of course too :P, the best version with the higest amount of fps only on dc), and Sonic Adventure 2 (what a wonderful game, the best platformer what i ever played and propably the best ever!, Shadow rules 8), purely awesome, released too on Gamecube...lol).
Problems with Saturn type of images?
Feel free to ask me about it, or go
here(1st) and here(2nd)

My uploads(1st) and Sega Saturn Download Index(2nd)

Click on her to view...

Grose

• 8-Bit
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2009, 11:51:43 PM »
idk. I think sonic adventure 1&2 are way better than almost all of the platformers on any current gen systems.
I like SA 1 & 2 too. I'ts a great game with cool graphics for me , cannot be the best , but i feel very good walking on Station Square , playing with Amy , or running of the truck or Free Willy . The songs are very happy and inspirated , the control works fine , just the cam fail sometimes but nothing that makes me say - oh! this is s**t ! , yeah ! i recommend strongly.

My english isn't too good but i'll learning with the time ...

k-0tik

• 8-Bit
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2009, 09:52:36 AM »
It's one of the greatest systems, it's just too bad sega didn't have the right business mind.