47847 Posts in 5487 Topics - by 11331 Members - Latest Member: Saturny2X

Author Topic: The crapiness that is xbox 360  (Read 3371 times)

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
The crapiness that is xbox 360
« on: April 03, 2009, 07:11:18 AM »
OR, the benefits of PS3

So what exactly is the point of the 360 hard drive? I can't store movies on it. I have to play aqua teen episodes off of a flash drive. That's lame. The only benefits of a hard drive are the ability to copy a game to it for supposedly faster loading times, but really that's just a good thing because the crappy DVD drive makes loads of noise otherwise. The other almost good thing is the ability to copy music. Of course the bad thing about that is if I burn a CD of songs I want (because for some idiotic reason I can't copy songs from a flash drive) my 360 will only copy some of the songs. So to do that I have to use some program to remove the rights protection first, then burn the disc.
There's no wireless connection, although my 360 magically detects my laptop even though it isn't plugged in via ethernet cable. There's no internet browser.
Yesterday I attempted to move my 360 while it was on and a disc was in the drive. WHOOPS! In hindsight it almost seems stupid that I tried this, but I had no reason to think that moving a console would completely scratch the game inside it.
So after owning a PS3 and a 360 for a long time, I have to say that the 360 is both the most copyright friendly and cheaply made console ever. The PS3 on the other hand is flawless. And the warranty doesn't run out.
There's only one benefit for 360 owners in my opinion: third party games run better because the 360's install base is so much bigger that developers take their time to create quality product, while releasing choppy ports for the PS3.
Blah.

Forgot a few things,
10 gigs on the hdd are used for backwards compatibility, no option to remove it for more room, and all the old games I want to play like metal gear solid 2 aren't supported anyway.

1 good thing about 360: vga output. That's about the only thing I like about it.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 07:33:28 AM by Call_me_sir »

Adam Bomb 669

Re: The crapiness that is xbox 360
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 12:17:37 AM »
Ive had zero problems ripping my burnt cds. Ive moved my 360 while playing a game and no problem, hell it even fell once a good 4 feet and didnt fuck anything up, so there goes the cheeply made arguement.
360 doesnt force you to install a game to the hdd, and even when you play an installed game on the ps3 it loads and runs slower.
Me personaly I dont want wireless internet connection anyway, my shits gotta be wired.
Why complain about movies?  I dont see a point in storing movies on a game system. and using a 360 or ps3 to play movies is like using a ps1 to play audio cds. sure it might seem like a neat feature, but its useless, buy a br/dvd player.
PS3 is more difficult to develop for than the 360, thats why 360 has so many more good games, they dont have to take as much time to create quality as they do with the ps3.
As far as I know the warranty for all systems besides 360 is 1 year.
and as for copyright friendly, have you tried modding your ps3?  what can you do with that? play emulators that work better on the old xbox or pc?

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 10:06:01 AM »
I don't hate the damn thing, but I'm talking about out of the box features. It's like PS2 vs XBOX. PS2 had the better game selection and sales even though the Xbox was a much better console. And if your 360 fell and didn't fuck a game, then maybe only MY 360 is cheaply made. Fuck.
I wasn't saying the 360 makes you install a game, I'm saying without the option there wouldn't be any point at all. With PS3's you can put anything on it. Hell, you can buy a new one for it, it's a standard hdd. The controllers hold a charge without buying charge kits.
How the hell do I get the razorblade menu thing back, anyway? The NXE sucks. The little douche mii knockoff characters suck. And there's no mustache that works at all for my Hitler character. That alone pisses me off.

i_got_you60

• 64-bit
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 01:34:31 PM »
I don't hate the damn thing, but I'm talking about out of the box features. It's like PS2 vs XBOX. PS2 had the better game selection and sales even though the Xbox was a much better console. And if your 360 fell and didn't fuck a game, then maybe only MY 360 is cheaply made. Fuck.
I wasn't saying the 360 makes you install a game, I'm saying without the option there wouldn't be any point at all. With PS3's you can put anything on it. Hell, you can buy a new one for it, it's a standard hdd. The controllers hold a charge without buying charge kits.
How the hell do I get the razorblade menu thing back, anyway? The NXE sucks. The little douche mii knockoff characters suck. And there's no mustache that works at all for my Hitler character. That alone pisses me off.
  ;D.i played soul caliber 4 on the ps3 and of the 15 mins of single player campaign of darth vader more than 5 mins of it was wasted on the damn loading screen period.i still like the ps3 though

Adam Bomb 669

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 01:38:08 AM »
yeah the nxe is prety gay, and I agree with you on the hitler thing. can you even get new shit for your 360ii like clothes and shit?
I was pointing out the install thing cause to me its a positive that you dont need to install a game if you dont want to, its a console, shit should come ready to play out of the box without any kind of install, I mean Im cool with installing if it actualy improves the overall speed and I play it enough to warrant an install. but dont make me install gigs of data just to be able to play at all. I actualy had to delete stuff off the hdd to install mgs4. If I want to install stuff, Ill buy a computer game. hahaha.
I wish LBP was on 360 though

SKullinator

• 128-bit
  • Since Hub Mk-2
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 10:54:04 AM »
I knew Nex would get brought up. I cant really saw Im down with the avatar type thing. It just seems like a mega cheap rip off of the mii. If i wanted the mii experience Id go out and buy a wii. I was much happier with my bmw logo over the new avatar. Some people might be put off by it and maybe enough to go straight to sony.

I totally agree with adam. If I want to play a cd, Im not going to bust out my ps1. just like how if I want to use my computer I'll actually take out my computer. I think what ever short comings (no matter how much I probably wouldnt of used them what ever they are...) the hardware has, it definatly makes it up in the game library.
"I am Resisting your aggressions against me in favor that they are illegal" ~ some skilled crack head

willplayer

• 128-bit
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 03:51:51 AM »
I traded my 360 for a Wii, then my Wii for a 360, then sold my 360 and bought an N64 because THAT system was groundbreaking as was the Dreamcast.

Microsoft has ruined a lot of what gaming is all about. They cheat and steal to get what they want. That's just it. All the problems you've listed, Microsoft won't fix because they're fucking stupid.

Here are my problems:
-The 360 doesn't have internal wi-fi (either bridge it to a laptop if you're smart or pay $90 for the adapter if you're stupid)
-Xbox Live Arcade games really rack up, I probably wasted over $200 alone for all that shit.
-Only a few good games, the only great ones are the 3rd party multi-platformed ones.
-FPS is fun until Halo comes along and ruins it.
-A ton of accessories are overpriced, and most aren't necessary.
-The whole idea with memory cards / flash drives is stupid. Why can't I save my files on a flash drive instead of paying like $30 for a 64 MB card that's JUST for the 360. With Saints Row 2 for example you can't even play it without downloading an update that's apparently bigger than 64 MB, requiring a hard drive. . . fuck this.
-Xbox Live = $50 a year ... that's bull dookie.

Sooo yeah. Everyone just sell your shit and go back to the old shit because it's freaking cheap! :D