47847 Posts in 5487 Topics - by 11331 Members - Latest Member: Saturny2X

Author Topic: need for speed high stakes  (Read 6742 times)

i_got_you60

• 64-bit
need for speed high stakes
« on: November 07, 2008, 11:31:07 PM »
personally i think this is one of the best nfs games including hot pursuit 1 ever made before EA bastardised the series with stupid customization and the series going all ricer on us with all the night time racing and crap.

The fourth game in the series, Need for Speed: High Stakes is for the most part a heavily updated version of Need for Speed III, once again featuring a host of exotic sport cars and tracks located in Western Europe and North America. Along with the courses and modes from Need for Speed III, NFS:HS also adds the new "High Stakes" mode along with two new pursuit modes: "Getaway" and "Time Trap".

Contained in the download below is the English release, along with patches to add Windows XP compatability.

This game has a few problems if installed on Windows XP, mainly crashing randomly during a race. A set of patches to fix these bugs (and allow you to run the game without a CD) is included in the "XP Compatability" folder. To apply these patches, follow the directions in the "!!Instructions!!.txt" file.

Also, for the best performance, make sure you run the "3D Device Setup" in the Start menu, and change from the software renderer to direct3d.

Code: [Select]
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IUHXBA07

miketrix042

• Uploader
  • 128-bit
  • fat can dodge
Re: need for speed high stakes
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 12:20:24 AM »
looks cool, thanks, added to index

darkNiGHTS

• soccerboi
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
  • Is it getting dark in here, or is it just me?
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 08:54:40 AM »
This game is amazing, I love it!  One of my favorite NFS.

Biggie578

• 16-bit
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 11:02:34 AM »
thanks NFS Undercover and UG2 always crash on me before i can play. i can finally get my NFS fix