47847 Posts in 5487 Topics - by 11332 Members - Latest Member: blue88eagles

Author Topic: Maximum pool pc no audio  (Read 6464 times)

ajseguin

• 8-Bit
Maximum pool pc no audio
« on: August 13, 2011, 10:32:53 PM »
My friend recently got maximum pool on the dreamcast and since i don't have a dreamcast yet, i decided to play with my pc online (cross-platform FTW) but the pc version doesn't have any audio... well some occasional sound efects play but it's rare. all the settings are in the right position...  Any of you solved this?

Thanks, AJ
I used to think that anything else then nintendo or atari was shit, I got a Sega Saturn at a flea market, it proved me wrong.

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
Re: Maximum pool pc no audio
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 11:02:35 PM »
I've never heard of maximum pool before, but I know that old games sometimes have issues with current sound cards, the PC port of Metal Gear Solid 2 also has these issues. If there's not a patch for modern cards, I'm not sure what to tell you.

ajseguin

• 8-Bit
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 12:23:59 AM »
arlight, i'll keep searching, if i find the solution, i'll share it
I used to think that anything else then nintendo or atari was shit, I got a Sega Saturn at a flea market, it proved me wrong.

Elite Evil

• Well hung poster
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 03:31:08 AM »
You could try using DXDIAG (start, run dxdiag.exe) and try turning down the acceleration one step at a time and see if any fix the issue.
Freedom headquarters!

ajseguin

• 8-Bit
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 10:27:05 PM »
i ran the direct x diagnosis but i can't find anything to change the acceleration for the sound device...

Elite Evil

• Well hung poster
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 03:56:39 AM »
Freedom headquarters!

ajseguin

• 8-Bit
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 06:53:08 AM »
oh, i don't have the DirectX Features section... probably because i'm running windows 7?

Elite Evil

• Well hung poster
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 11:05:42 PM »
Hmmmm.... maybe that is the main problem!
Freedom headquarters!

ajseguin

• 8-Bit
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 02:57:58 AM »
yea i tried different compability modes.... using analog audio outputs... i tried it on a windows xp machine and still doesn't work

call_me_sir

• Hardcore n00b
  • Administrator
  • 128-bit
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 03:16:06 AM »
You've likely tried this already and I don't think it would work anyway, but have you set the compatibility mode to windows 95?

ajseguin

• 8-Bit
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 04:31:05 AM »
You've likely tried this already and I don't think it would work anyway, but have you set the compatibility mode to windows 95?

yeap all from 95 to xp....