47847 Posts in 5487 Topics - by 11331 Members - Latest Member: Saturny2X

Author Topic: Problem for Chankast to read virtual discs (mounted .cdi games)  (Read 4686 times)

xod

• 8-Bit
Problem for Chankast to read virtual discs (mounted .cdi games)
« on: December 25, 2007, 04:18:49 PM »
This is eating my soul, I'd be thankful to anyone that can resolve this.

Basically I mount the .cdi disc image with DAEMON Tools, yes I even have intalled version 3.29 for this, but no outcome whatsoever, Chankast still gives me the "ioControl" window with the single message "error".

To be noted: when I mount the disc image with DT, windows has no problem letting me "explore" the contents, it's just when Chankast (and UltraISO for that matter) comes into play that problems arise. These problems I get with Resident Evil 3 Nemesis, and Marvel vs Capcom.

I tried also a freeware "game" (something with sonic, havent been able try it yet..) which is a disc image in CDI format (.cdi), that could again be mounted by DT, and explored, but again to be thrown up by Chankast with the same error message from above. *Howewer* unlike the above "real" games this one could be converted (in UltraISO) from CDI to ISO, *but* only to be unbootable by Chankast.

So, what hints can you guys give me, I'm really getting desperate, but so far not desperate enough to burn the CDI image to a real cd only to be "ripped" back again into an ISO or something else.

Anyway, it would be a serious pain lifted off my my head if I could make this work, especially when I read in forums about ppl that have no single problem for that.  :(
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 04:21:45 PM by xod »

mr.giggity

• Global Moderator
  • 128-bit
  • Giggity giggity goo!!
Re: Problem for Chankast to read virtual discs (mounted .cdi games)
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 03:18:06 PM »
Hmmm I don't know much about chankast, but maybe you should give nulldc a go... Its supposed to be the best. I use it and it runs all the games I have perfectly. You can get the latest release here ( Thanks to miketrix042) or if you prefer the original release ( it seems more stable- at least on my pc) I have uploaded that for you here.
Hope this helps...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 03:19:42 PM by mr.giggity »

Ya Yooooooose!!

xod

• 8-Bit
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 06:20:00 PM »
Thanks for that, even if it's not fast enough for my pc (P4 2.4GHz, RAM 512mb, GFX nvidia Geforce 4 4200Ti 64mb) at least I can run the thing.
My brother has an AMD64 X2 at 4200+ (or was it 4800+ ?)  with 2gb RAM, GFX being an ati x1700se with 256mb, would you say it would be smooth in his PC ?

Anyway, thanks again :)

mr.giggity

• Global Moderator
  • 128-bit
  • Giggity giggity goo!!
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 06:39:35 PM »
Either of those pc's should have no problem running nulldc

Ya Yooooooose!!

xod

• 8-Bit
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 09:41:55 PM »
Just wanted to inform that I dl'ed Sonic Adventure, and since nullDC does not accept bin/cue files I tried converting it into a few bootable formats handled by nullDC, without luck. Now a magic combo: Chankast (IMPORTANT! run as *admin* to solve the "ioControl"/"error" window problem, yes weird!!) + Utopia Boot Disc + Sonic Adv. (the nonbootable bin/cue).